Fishing In And Around Kalasin

jim hayes

Hi everyone,

I am currently living in Kamalasai which is about 15km from Kalasin town and wonder if anybody knows of any fishing parks in the area. I have fished at Sri Nuan in Khon Kaen and Luckana lake in Udon Thani but am looking for something a bit closer to home, whilst i am happy to catch any species of fish i'm not particularly interested in pulling out 1kg sawai all day long and i dont expect to catch monster catfish or carp but fish around 10kg would be nice.

Maybe i'm asking too much but any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

I'm going to plead ignorance of your area. Apologies if these sites don't have anything for you, but here are a couple of relatively non-commercial sites that have been a goldmine for me.

http://bangkokhooker-fishing.com/

http://www.john-tom.com/FishingInThailand/FishingInThailand.html

Of course, there are dozens, if not hundreds of sites offering guided trips.

Here's a Thai site that may also have some info for you. (Got to admit I haven't figured out how to navigate the site, but some of the pictures are intriguing):

http://www.weekendhobby.com/

thanks for the reply, i am familiar with the websites you mention and they are very good but unfortunately they do not cover my area.I will try to find a local tackle shop and ask them about fishing in this area.

Found some info in the archived section so will go exploring next week

cheers

thanks for the reply, i am familiar with the websites you mention and they are very good but unfortunately they do not cover my area.I will try to find a local tackle shop and ask them about fishing in this area.

Found some info in the archived section so will go exploring next week

cheers

Let us know what you find.

I'm about a 1 hour drive South of Kalasin town.

Thanks

I live in the Mukdahan province and go fishing in any dam around the place,sure there not guided tour dams but all hold fish which I think any body of water in this country holds fish, be adventurous have a look on google earth pick out a dam go for a drive and see if anybody is fishing and sit down and have a look or talk to them (take the wife to talk to them) I have found some great fishing spots and haven't paid 1 baht to go to any of them. And its amazing what can be found

Good luck

• 2 months later...