BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
kingalfred

English camps in July and August?

Can anyone help to guide me where to find info about English camp style courses in July /August for children? I have a friend who wants their 12 year old son to come to Bangkok in the Summer Holidays (in their country) for some English Fun learning. Is there anything at that time of the year?

Cant believe not one reply

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Camps are usually done for the summer break which starts during varying portions of March and runs through April. International schools would have a break at that time, but I don't think English camps are very high on their list of priorities.

That time of the year is also in the rainy season, which makes it less likely that there are outdoor type activities sometimes associated with camps.

In short, I doubt there are many available. Perhaps somewhere, but not necessarily a lot.

Hi King Alfred,

Many Bangkok International schools run Summer Camps and many run camps through all the holidays.

It can be a way of actively employing staff during the vacation, introducing new staff to the campus, offering a way for existing staff to earn some more pocket money, or help parents who are busy working themselves.
Anyway, contact schools direct or go to http://www.isat.or.th/ for their websites and contact info.

I am going to help out at Charter IS this summer.

I do it for free so they find it hard to refuse my support.

Good fortune.