List of Big Bikes Now Available in Thailand at Normal Prices.

NomadJoe

Don't forget the Ducati Hypers.

I checked the prices of those and I didn't think they looked "normal". I know they are made here but are they really the same or close the the same price as outside of Thailand?

• Like 1

I checked the prices of those and I didn't think they looked "normal". I know they are made here but are they really the same or close the the same price as outside of Thailand?

Joe, definitely the right price compared to UK market, almost identical. About $2500-3000 more than the US price though. 100k more than the monster so its bang on imo, Great list, good job, we can add to this as more emerge this year

Edited by B1ade
  • Like 1

Well it all depends which country you compare with.

Denmark: Hypermotard= app 1Mill baht

Malaysia: Same bike= app 700K baht

Thailand: 1/2 mil baht.

So yes I think they should be on the list

I'm surprised about Denmark, being an EU country, how they can levy such high taxes. Even the fact that tey have their own currency doesnt explain it.

• 4 months later...

I want a KTM RC8R NOW!!!!

Who doesn't. Sex on wheels. Proven but little known fact about the RC8. Women are forbidden to ride it since several got pregnant while doing so.

ktm-rc8-r_600x0w.jpg

Starting at 1.4MB, it does not make this list. http://www.ktmthailand.co.th/

New FB group for Phuket riders to find information on gear, routes, and network with other riders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhuketRidingClub/

Edited by NomadJoe

Wow, just check out this thread.

Prices are a lot cheaper than I thought, especially the Ducati.

Reason is I've owned 600rr and 1000rr, and those cost roughly.... less than 400,000 THB after tax and all outside Thailand.

And these models I've checked are easily 2x the price in Thailand. So I expected the others to be the same.

So I'm happy for these new drooling sex appeal machines, will be buying more soon tongue.png

Z800, ER6N and Ducati Monster I like biggrin.png

I've ridden er6n, and it overheats easily, damn fan always blowing hot air on the rider. bah.gif

I also thought that the bike prices were much more than what is shown above. Thanks Joe. Darn, this might become very expensive thread.

Reason is I've owned 600rr and 1000rr, and those cost roughly.... less than 400,000 THB after tax and all outside Thailand.

And these models I've checked are easily 2x the price in Thailand. So I expected the others to be the same.

So I'm happy for these new drooling sex appeal machines, will be buying more soon tongue.png

Z800, ER6N and Ducati Monster I like biggrin.png

I've ridden er6n, and it overheats easily, damn fan always blowing hot air on the rider. bah.gif

Most of these bikes are built, or at least assembled here in Thailand with the intention of selling them in both the domestic and foreign market. (mostly foreign). If they are imported, like to the BMW's, 600rr and 1000rr, R6, R1 etc, etc, they are taxed heavily. Sometimes, like with Triumph, they are built here but in a "board of investment (BOI) zone for which require the manufactures to virtually export and import the bike, thus still the stupid prices. Others on this board understand and and explain this better than I can.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So I'm happy for these new drooling sex appeal machines, will be buying more soon alt=tongue.png>

Z800, ER6N and Ducati Monster I like alt=biggrin.png>

I've ridden er6n, and it overheats easily, damn fan always blowing hot air on the rider. alt=bah.gif>

Most of these bikes are built, or at least assembled here in Thailand with the intention of selling them in both the domestic and foreign market. (mostly foreign). If they are imported, like to the BMW's, 600rr and 1000rr, R6, R1 etc, etc, they are taxed heavily. Sometimes, like with Triumph, they are built here but in a "board of investment (BOI) zone for which require the manufactures to virtually export and import the bike, thus still the stupid prices. Others on this board understand and and explain this better than I can.

Thanks man. Really appreciate your efforts here. Now we have access to some beautiful sexy beasts with cheap prices.

Like the Z800, I would easily have paid 700-800k for it. Just by looking at it. Right proportions, bulk mean tough, *drools*

And not over 400k, I'm happy. biggrin.png

It appears that 400,000 is the upper bound? If so, than there are a couple of Honda models that were left out.

Honda CTX700N; 349,000 baht

CTX700N-white.png

The slush box version apparently misses the cutoff for this thread at 406,000 baht.

Honda NC750X; 375,000 baht

NC750X-red.png

Thaivisa thread running here (technically for the 700..same same but different): http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/692071-honda-nc700x/

• Like 1

^ Honda's got so many models now that I actually lost count - I forgot about those! Pretty attractive prices, the NX750 is getting close to the Versys in terms of price.

Ducati Hypermotard 500,000 should be in there - it costs the equivalent of 570,000 in my home country in Europe. In the USA it's less than 400k but then most vehicles are cheapest over there. To put it another way, compare to my previous bike the Versys. In the USA the Versys is $8,000 and the Hypermotard $12,000 - so the Hyper is 50% more expensive. In Thailand, Versys price is 313k - adding 50% that would be ~470,000. So the Hyper isn't quite as good a deal here as the Versys - but pretty close!

CB300 should be in there too - looks a pretty nice bike, just saw it today. Don't know how much.

We're also missing all the 250s, D-Tracker, CRF, KLX

Also

BMW F800R 440,000

BMW F800GS 530,000 (? not sure)

Also assembled here are Ducati Multistrada and Ducati Diavel. Unfortunately with the new 20% tax on bikes over 1,000cc they're still really expensive. There's also a 30% tax on CKD bikes, e.g. bikes where most or all of the parts come from overseas but they're assembled here. All the Ducatis fall in that category. That explains the price difference to USA. Not that it matters much, just to point out it's not simply price gauging.

images_bikekat%5C2013%5C5-ducati%5C7362-

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

It appears that 400,000 is the upper bound? If so, than there are a couple of Honda models that were left out.

Honda CTX700N; 349,000 baht

CTX700N-white.png

The slush box version apparently misses the cutoff for this thread at 406,000 baht.

Honda NC750X; 375,000 baht

NC750X-red.png

Thaivisa thread running here (technically for the 700..same same but different): http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/692071-honda-nc700x/

nc750x with dual clutch auto tranny is one of the best values in Thailand right now.

I have seen an owner - 16th guy on the booking list he said - receiving his nc750x last weekend at Bigwing. Bike looks better than nc700x although small changes and now a bit more powerful.

There is a waiting list for it now as price is right. These bikes are unbreakable and uses petrol nearly same as 500 series. dual clutch auto makes it the best scooter in town! but with the gear shifts at your fingers, you can change the gear anytime also tranny has sport mode which makes things livelier.

Also ctx700n with dual clutch auto is also a great value if you ask me. very easy to ride bike.

I am actually very interested on one of these dual clutch auto tranny bikes with low maintenance and fuel consumption. I want nm4 - vultus though but it is expensive at 530 k thb and only difference is the modern space time animal fairing but a good 130 - 150 k thb more! what a pity,. i really like this honda nm4 also you can modify it to the moon and possibly go there! - i mean it! check the photos.

post-184955-0-13794600-1407474469_thumb.

post-184955-0-38072100-1407474470_thumb.

post-184955-0-98156500-1407474678_thumb.

post-184955-0-86275000-1407474679_thumb.

^ Honda's got so many models now that I actually lost count - I forgot about those! Pretty attractive prices, the NX750 is getting close to the Versys in terms of price.

Ducati Hypermotard 500,000 should be in there - it costs the equivalent of 570,000 in my home country in Europe. In the USA it's less than 400k but then most vehicles are cheapest over there. To put it another way, compare to my previous bike the Versys. In the USA the Versys is $8,000 and the Hypermotard $12,000 - so the Hyper is 50% more expensive. In Thailand, Versys price is 313k - adding 50% that would be ~470,000. So the Hyper isn't quite as good a deal here as the Versys - but pretty close!

CB300 should be in there too - looks a pretty nice bike, just saw it today. Don't know how much.

We're also missing all the 250s, D-Tracker, CRF, KLX

Also

BMW F800R 440,000

BMW F800GS 530,000 (? not sure)

Also assembled here are Ducati Multistrada and Ducati Diavel. Unfortunately with the new 20% tax on bikes over 1,000cc they're still really expensive. There's also a 30% tax on CKD bikes, e.g. bikes where most or all of the parts come from overseas but they're assembled here. All the Ducatis fall in that category. That explains the price difference to USA. Not that it matters much, just to point out it's not simply price gauging.

Here is BMW's pricelist. Unfortunately they only list the F800GS Adventure...for a whopping 855,000 baht. So it appears that none of the BMW bikes are in the "Normal Prices" list (under 400,000 if I understand the OP).

If I can be so bold as to below put a comparison between the ER6-N, CB650F, and the F800R below, the BMW matches the Honda's power, kills both of the others on torque, has a claimed wet weight that is 9% lower...but costs 155% the other two bikes. There is the cachet of riding the BMW though...

BMW F800R

Engine: 798cc parallel twin

HP: 86 BHP

Torque: 63 lb-ft

Weight: 199kg

Price: 440,000 baht

Honda CB650F

Engine: 649cc inline four

HP: 87 BHP

Torque: 46 lb-ft

Weight: 211 kg

Price: 285,000 baht

Kawasaki ER6-N

Engine: 649cc parallel twin

HP: 71 BHP

Torque: 47 lb-ft

Weight: (no more than) 211kg

Price: 275,000 baht

Hopefully with Triumph's rumoured changes in how they operate, we should be seeing some of their bkkes available at sensible prices in the not too distant future.

Don't think I'll hold by breath in anticipation ! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1