List of Big Bikes Now Available in Thailand at Normal Prices.

NomadJoe

It appears that 400,000 is the upper bound? If so, than there are a couple of Honda models that were left out.

Honda CTX700N; 349,000 baht

CTX700N-white.png

The slush box version apparently misses the cutoff for this thread at 406,000 baht.

Honda NC750X; 375,000 baht

NC750X-red.png

Thaivisa thread running here (technically for the 700..same same but different): http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/692071-honda-nc700x/

nc750x with dual clutch auto tranny is one of the best values in Thailand right now.

I have seen an owner - 16th guy on the booking list he said - receiving his nc750x last weekend at Bigwing. Bike looks better than nc700x although small changes and now a bit more powerful.

There is a waiting list for it now as price is right. These bikes are unbreakable and uses petrol nearly same as 500 series. dual clutch auto makes it the best scooter in town! but with the gear shifts at your fingers, you can change the gear anytime also tranny has sport mode which makes things livelier.

Also ctx700n with dual clutch auto is also a great value if you ask me. very easy to ride bike.

I am actually very interested on one of these dual clutch auto tranny bikes with low maintenance and fuel consumption. I want nm4 - vultus though but it is expensive at 530 k thb and only difference is the modern space time animal fairing but a good 130 - 150 k thb more! what a pity,. i really like this honda nm4 also you can modify it to the moon and possibly go there! - i mean it! check the photos.

I think for the money (375,000) the z800 is a better value and these 2 bikes are nearly the same weight somehow??? The Honda 650 series got a lot more ballz than the nc750. Honda 650 and 500 are the best value bikes in Thailand, nc750 isn't there.

• Like 1

I think for the money (375,000) the z800 is a better value and these 2 bikes are nearly the same weight somehow??? The Honda 650 series got a lot more ballz than the nc750. Honda 650 and 500 are the best value bikes in Thailand, nc750 isn't there.

The Z800 is a much better value than the NC750. I wouldn't get one because it doesn't have a wing on the tank (and the fact it's a naked). There's something wrong about the Honda 750 series being about the same performance as the 500 series and costing so much more.

The old lady has been salivating over the CTX700; cruisers don't do it for me either but at least the performance from the drivetrain is something I could live with in such a platform. Perhaps if I rode one I would come around, but the only cruiser I have ever rode, a Honda Steed 600, didn't really corner like a standard bike. I kept countersteering and eventually it flopped into an approximation of what I wanted. Could be that the bike had been 'upgraded' enough, or my skills weren't good enough, but it was so disconcerting I decided to stay away from that style of bike.

The Z800 is a much better value than the NC750. I wouldn't get one because it doesn't have a wing on the tank (and the fact it's a naked). There's something wrong about the Honda 750 series being about the same performance as the 500 series and costing so much more.

Totally different bikes. The NC750X costs so much more because it's imported from Japan vs the locally built 500s and 650s. For an import I think it's a pretty good price, lower than others[1].

Maybe the FTA with Japan? I don't know. Other than that the NX750 series is well reviewed and generally everybody who rode one says they're great. Maybe not for the speed demons but I am guessing it would serve a certain segment really well. Cruising and touring.

Vs. the Z800 the NC750 has more electronics, ABS and Dual Clutch. Z800 is otherwise also a great bike but really not competing for the same market as the 750. It's a naked hooligan bike basically.

[1] I am glad I have no interest in Triumph bikes or I'd be joining the collective groaning here. What is wrong with that company?? Hahaha.

BTW I don't think the original intent of this post was to list only bikes < 400,000. More like list bikes that can be bought for prices similar to overseas. Where over 50% of the price does not go directly to the government.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

this tread not has any bike, only ugly race bikes and racers not need be on road, only race area. were have all true bikes up 500cc and cruisers,choppers,boppers,or true travel bikes. goldwings,HD, all were has photo this tread NOT have normal human bike only idiot toys. were can looking bikes north thailand area khon kaen,udon thani roi et about. net site link please i looking new true bike now. NOT idiot plastic toys not have real bike. thailand have better use cruiser style bike than race style bike, road not have good condition and race not can use city good. race not can use anywere thailand roads. rebel 500 have wery ideal thailand roads. i has drive hundredthousands kilometer on thailand roads north thailand and test many bike, racer no can use anywere roads have poor,cruiser have best or travel bike goldwing have too heavy city not comfortable drive, HD hav ideal good normal eweryday user but too expensive, need drop HD prize about 70% then have normal. scooters wave and click etc, no need anywere, if live and drive only in city area. just has test drive new honda rebel 500cc and has comfortable,easy drive city but good at travelling far too. wery comfortable bike. cafe racers has only toy no need anywere,big race bikes no can use anywere good. long time travelling only have good chopper and goldwing and HD.

Edited by finnishmen
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, finnishmen said:

this tread not has any bike, only ugly race bikes and racers not need be on road, only race area. were have all true bikes up 500cc and cruisers,choppers,boppers,or true travel bikes. goldwings,HD, all were has photo this tread NOT have normal human bike only idiot toys. were can looking bikes north thailand area khon kaen,udon thani roi et about. net site link please i looking new true bike now. NOT idiot plastic toys not have real bike. thailand have better use cruiser style bike than race style bike, road not have good condition and race not can use city good. race not can use anywere thailand roads. rebel 500 have wery ideal thailand roads. i has drive hundredthousands kilometer on thailand roads north thailand and test many bike, racer no can use anywere roads have poor,cruiser have best or travel bike goldwing have too heavy city not comfortable drive, HD hav ideal good normal eweryday user but too expensive, need drop HD prize about 70% then have normal. scooters wave and click etc, no need anywere, if live and drive only in city area. just has test drive new honda rebel 500cc and has comfortable,easy drive city but good at travelling far too. wery comfortable bike. cafe racers has only toy no need anywere,big race bikes no can use anywere good. long time travelling only have good chopper and goldwing and HD.

Okay so that's your opinion, I am sure some prefer sports-bikes, up to them.

How about adventure bikes? My buddy on his Africa Twin goes everywhere on his, including off the beaten track & Cambodia. A HD will do you no good over there.

16 hours ago, finnishmen said:

Are you finished, Finnishmen? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, damascase said:

HD hav ideal good normal eweryday user but too expensive, need drop HD prize about 70% then have normal. scooters wave and click etc, no need anywere

I would NOT want to be on a planet where young Thai kids are thrashing around on 500kg beasts, not sure you are thinking clearly there Finnish ????

And congrats to all Finns out there on a sterling F1 drive by your countryman Bottas on the weekend! Sorry, know this is a bike thread...

On 3/20/2019 at 5:39 AM, finnishmen said:

sorry but i do not understand what you are trying to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pepper9187 said:

Gosh am i the only one to think that the Versys is, i was going to say ugly, but no, really the word is disgusting.

I just want to puke everytime i see that :

Well that's the old Mk1 & 2, Mk3 was introduced in 2015 with completely different fairing/head lights

Had a Mk3 until a month ago, sold it but it was a good bike.

DSC00843-2.jpg.1dde3de6e82c8d6346f3f386c8ebc906.jpg

1 minute ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Well that's the old Mk1 & 2, Mk3 was introduced in 2015 with completely different fairing/head lights

Had a Mk3 until a month ago, sold it but it was a good bike.

Oh yah that one looks a million time better.

BTW why did you sold it ? Did you buy a bigger bike or was there some flaws on the bike ?

41 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Oh yah that one looks a million time better.

BTW why did you sold it ? Did you buy a bigger bike or was there some flaws on the bike ?

Yes got a more powerful bike.

The Versys is an extremely robust bike, a bit heavy, very comfortable and the screen is very good (adjustable)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...