Phuket kidnappers 'were Russian loan sharks'

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with laurentbkk about not being fair to generalized all Russians as bad and not to put them all in the same basket. I knew a few upstanding Russians in Thailand and some of them are good friends, too.

But on the other hand, Russians on extended Visa at any resort are, at most times, not tourists at all. I was in Na Thrang, Vietnam recently and the place is now close to be a Russian town. What most of them do there? Drugs peddling to other tourist. That's what they do!

No, banning them will not not work but maybe the police can imposed something like what the Vietnamese police does. If they are on a visa extension it has to be on invitation by a local person or local owed company and they have to report themselves within 4 hours of being there to the district police, show proof of their financial capability to stay there on the extended visa and also proof of where they are staying.

Yeah, there are still loopholes but at the very least, it curtails the problems.

......this ....does....not....make....sense.....

....this guy is a successful businessman....???

....they came here for holidays....???

.....why borrow money from anyone....let alone loan sharks....

.....she alone had 300,000 baht.......

....they owed 1,000,000 baht......

withdrew 300K from the ATM?? I am only allowed to withdrawl 20K per day.

right, is that even possible? i guess its more quality thai journalism.

Yes it's possible in Thailand. Can withdraw at the ATM all the money you have in your account.

I'm not sure about changing the limits that you can withdraw whilst at an ATM, even if it is your home bank. On my Krungsri account I can withdraw up to 300,000 a day, but only in 30,000 baht increments. In practice this means withdraw 30, take the card out, put it back in again and another 30 and so on. With my Bangkok Bank account I can do the same but the daily limit is 200,000 and per withdrawal is 20,000. These are published on the written bank literature so although I am sure you can voluntary limit your daily allowance, this must be the bank's own maximums.

SDM

PS for would-be kidnappers, I ain't got no money, these are just what my banks would let me do if I had.

Edited by SDM0712

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I used to have a card that allowed 150k withdrawal, so one before, one after midnight is believable.

Anyway, it's refreshing to see the police actually doing something.

And here we go again with the Russian bashing ...... I guess those guys who bash Russian constantly totally forgot where they are now , Those stories , you have everywhere and done by many nationalities .... This Russian bashing is very stupid as you put them all in the same basket .... really annoying to hear all the time the same from people thinking for sure to be better than anyone else here .... boring bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Maybe if Russians weren't often in the news for all the WRONG reasons, people wouldn't 'bash' them.

And why the constant defense of them anyway? Think they're big enough and bad enough to take care of themselves.

Russians have the same reputation everywhere.They don't argue, they shoot first. Then there's no more argument. Nastrovje>

Edited by lostinisaan

Sounds like total lies to me. She stabbed herself because she thought her boyfriend was going to die!! Why would anyone do this? human instinct is to survive unless they are depressed or suffering from mental illness.

If the boyfriend was that bad there would be blood everywhere including the car they took him away in.Either she has done him in for her own gains and made some marks on herself to cover it up and look real or the guys have duped her and were trying to con her.

Could cut the guy ,send her to ATM and while she is away cover him in blood bought in a local butchers to it looks as if he is badly injured and going to die.She then might think this and suddenly pay up. If not then take the guy away pretending they are going to finish him ,when infact they are taking him away to clean him up and wait for next person to try it on!!

When you get an ATM card you can set the limit on how much per day you can withdraw & you can change it anytime.

If you have the funds in your account the answer is yes it is very easy to decrease or increase the amount you withdraw if I have needed more than required I have gone to the ATM have put in the required info to increase the amount required and once paid out have reset it back to the original I am always weary if someone ever got my card and worked out my pin so I set it at a low Rate per day

Are you suggesting an ATM will spew out 300 bills from one account?...

What a lot of rubbish from the guys who posted things about ATM withdrawals....I mean, how does this contribute in any way to the apprehension of suspects ?, .

i would think that the Police should be locating the people in the Photos.I think the Girlfriend should be questioned about the reason that the loan (if there was one) was taken out......where the "loah sharks" operated from etc.etc. Lots of unanswered questions in this story,.

Yes it's possible in Thailand. Can withdraw at the ATM all the money you have in your account.

I'm not sure about changing the limits that you can withdraw whilst at an ATM, even if it is your home bank. On my Krungsri account I can withdraw up to 300,000 a day, but only in 30,000 baht increments. In practice this means withdraw 30, take the card out, put it back in again and another 30 and so on. With my Bangkok Bank account I can do the same but the daily limit is 200,000 and per withdrawal is 20,000. These are published on the written bank literature so although I am sure you can voluntary limit your daily allowance, this must be the bank's own maximums.

SDM

PS for would-be kidnappers, I ain't got no money, these are just what my banks would let me do if I had.

I can do 25,000 per with Bangkok Bank, but only to a maximum of 50,000 per day.

So this is a Russian gangster story with a Romeo and Juliet effect.

I hope all they get which they were deserved well.

And I'm so sorry for Phuket about idiot Russian invasion.