Certified Copies Of Thai Documents

scd

Hello

Can anyone offer adivce or point me in the right direction re obtaining Certified Copies of Thai Documents here in Chiang Mai?

I'm thinking Thai ID Card, Tabien Baan etc.

Thanks in advance

Is it the Brit visa? If so you have to put lots of stupid personal stories, private emails, photos emails, her empleyer's letter or business's owner ship, money source. To certify documents is as simple as the other poster said.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The visa is for Australia.

The application paperwork is no problem, it's the Australian government requirement to have certified copies of Thai citizen documents i'm unsure about.

In Australia this could be done by a Justice of the Peace, at the Post Office etc.

Here in Thailand i'm not too sure...

Depends on your country`s requirements:

You may only need to visit a bona fide Thai lawyer. One with an office and have him/her give a document of certification that your partner`s documents are genuine. This may suffice, but the Australian Immigration authorities may insist that the documents must be certified at the Thai Foreign Affairs Department in Bangkok.

Is either one or the other. You will need to check with the Australian Consulate or Embassy or perhaps there is an Australian reading this who has done the same and could advise?

The visa is for Australia.

The application paperwork is no problem, it's the Australian government requirement to have certified copies of Thai citizen documents i'm unsure about.

In Australia this could be done by a Justice of the Peace, at the Post Office etc.

Here in Thailand i'm not too sure...

Has to been done by the Australian Embassy or Consulate or its not legal. Thailand never signed the UN agreement on notary therefor if you have anything notarized for overseas in Thailand it will not be legal. No Thai Lawyer or Star Visa are authorized for this.

Edited by khwaibah

IME here, certified and notarized are two different things.

Certified means the process whereby a Thai government document is certified as original for the satisfaction of some other country's government. Usually that means having it done by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But, depending on the foreign country, sometimes it may also be done by that country's foreign consulate here.

Notarized is a more generic thing, not necessarily involving government documents or proofs to foreign governments. Thailand notaries are not officially recognized internationally, as I understand it. But there are lots of law firms and other businesses here that provide notary services. And those may well be accepted by private businesses like banks or mail forwarders that sometimes ask for notarized copies of certain forms.

But getting something notarized here is going to be meaningless if the requesting entity is a foreign government agency that's asking for "certified" copies of some Thai official document.

IME here, certified and notarized are two different things.

Certified means the process whereby a Thai government document is certified as original for the satisfaction of some other country's government. Usually that means having it done by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But, depending on the foreign country, sometimes it may also be done by that country's foreign consulate here.

Notarized is a more generic thing, not necessarily involving government documents or proofs to foreign governments. Thailand notaries are not officially recognized internationally, as I understand it. But there are lots of law firms and other businesses here that provide notary services. And those may well be accepted by private businesses like banks or mail forwarders that sometimes ask for notarized copies of certain forms.

But getting something notarized here is going to be meaningless if the requesting entity is a foreign government agency that's asking for "certified" copies of some Thai official document.

As I said if you have any document notarized or certified by any Thai entity for use back home you stand a very good chance of losing your case or major money. I personally know of people that this has happened to. Never use any Thai entity for this purpose.

Certified means the process whereby a Thai government document is certified as original for the satisfaction of some other country's government.

That is the definition i believe applies in my case.

Ask the embassy.

If they want to have it certified by the Thai foreign ministry don't forget there is also a legalisation department in Chiang Mai. Next to the passpot office at the ground floor of the provincial hall just outside town.

Post number 2.

Sorry, but self-signing a copy of a Thai's ID card or passport is NOT going to satisfy a foreign government agency asking for a "certified" copy of a Thai citizen's passport or ID card.

In that case, certified means getting it done at the Thai MFA certainly, or perhaps at some countries' consulates here, though that apparently varies by country.

Post number 2.

Sorry, but self-signing a copy of a Thai's ID card or passport is NOT going to satisfy a foreign government agency asking for a "certified" copy of a Thai citizen's passport or ID card.

In that case, certified means getting it done at the Thai MFA certainly, or perhaps at some countries' consulates here, though that apparently varies by country.

I tend to agree with you and will have to see proof of a foreign government accepting a certified copy from the MFA.

Have to agree, i can't see the Australian government taking someone's signature as proof. The beaurcacy/procedures have moved way beyond that.

My partner rang Foreign Affairs here in CM (as listed above) and was told that the Certifying of Thai Documents was a service for farang's only. Not sure about that... so the investigations continue.

Have to agree, i can't see the Australian government taking someone's signature as proof. The beaurcacy/procedures have moved way beyond that.

My partner rang Foreign Affairs here in CM (as listed above) and was told that the Certifying of Thai Documents was a service for farang's only. Not sure about that... so the investigations continue.

As said best suggestion contact your embassy for clarification.

We are going through the translation phase of our visa application and found this organisation's site. Not cheap but much cheaper than getting them done in Oz. we were quoted 900 baht per page but the certification is included in that price too . You can also do it all online as well if you have a scanner and can email them.

https://www.naati.com.au/online/

or google NAATI

The website says ".The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (trading as NAATI) is incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001. The company is owned jointly by the Commonwealth, State and Territory governments and is governed by a board of directors, who are appointed by the owners. NAATI’s main business activities are providing accreditation and other credentialing services for translators and interpreters and related activities. NAATI services are available through offices in every State and Territory of Australia and in New Zealand. The National Office is in Canberra".

Hope this info helps .

We are going through the translation phase of our visa application and found this organisation's site. Not cheap but much cheaper than getting them done in Oz. we were quoted 900 baht per page but the certification is included in that price too . You can also do it all online as well if you have a scanner and can email them.

https://www.naati.com.au/online/

or google NAATI

The website says ".The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (trading as NAATI) is incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001. The company is owned jointly by the Commonwealth, State and Territory governments and is governed by a board of directors, who are appointed by the owners. NAATI’s main business activities are providing accreditation and other credentialing services for translators and interpreters and related activities. NAATI services are available through offices in every State and Territory of Australia and in New Zealand. The National Office is in Canberra".

Hope this info helps .

Thanks for the info. We're lodging our application tomorrow. I shall return to this thread with my personal experience once a result is had, for the better or worse.

Edited by scd