BANGKOK 24 April 2019 05:01
Sign in to follow this  
JakeSully

Having problems with Honda Click 125i (2012 model) for the first time, need some help

I bought the bike in July 2012, it has 14,000 km on it.

I've regularly done oil/ brake changes every 2000 km.

However today when I was starting it after I turned it off at a red light, it wouldn't start. When I clicked the start button, the lights started blinking and it would not show the mileage like it was out of power and would not start.

I was able to get it to start with the pedal kick starter and it ran just fine for a while till it happened again so I'm curious what the problem is.

Does it require a new spark plug/ a battery (I don't know if it has a battery) or what?

Thanks if anyone's able to help. Would really appreciate it

Consider taking it to the Honda dealership, as it would be under warranty?

• Like 1

Hmmm.....turning the key off at red lights is a dubious practice. Fuel saved is extremely minimal, saving engine wear is negligible, but the brushes in your starter motor get hammered from excessive use and so does your battery.

And then one day you go to start it and it won't. thumbsup.gif

Hmmm.....turning the key off at red lights is a dubious practice. Fuel saved is extremely minimal, saving engine wear is negligible, but the brushes in your starter motor get hammered from excessive use and so does your battery.

And then one day you go to start it and it won't. thumbsup.gif

The 125i ESP engine is designed for idle start/stop (electronically controlled ACG starter, which not only serves as a self-starter motor but also generates electricity). Some models have the feature, however the starter engine is the same on all.

Batteries do not go bad due to frequent starts however they can fail at any time.

Edited by paz

go to honda dealer that you bought the bike and let them check under warranty.

all i know, honda bikes has 3 years or warranty.

go to honda dealer that you bought the bike and let them check under warranty.

all i know, honda bikes has 3 years or warranty.

Typically, battery is excluded from warranty even on much more expensive drives.

Charge the battery and see what happens. If all OK then your battery is naff, perhaps will lose charge quickly.

Charge the battery and see what happens. If all OK then your battery is naff, perhaps will lose charge quickly.

Any healty battery that is driven for 5 minutes can start a 125i.

From many years of experience, not worth even trying, just replace it.

For best results upgrade to Yuasa YTZ7S and forget about (but keep purchase receipt).

• Like 1

If as suggested the bike has been self/Non dealer maintained the warranty may have been invalidated.

Yes new battery. Or did you drive short distances all the time while using idle-stop? I would buy a new one anyway.

I can confirm to your it's battery, I used to change it every 2 years or so, sometimes more or less few months,

As said since 2012, it's the right time to get new battery, that's all...

Those dry cell batteries on bikes go on for many years. Our bikes still have original batteries and are used for short journey's, Airblade 6 years, PCX with idle stop 5 years.

Edited by transam

My friend has a Honda Click 125i, same year, same problem.

Idle-stop, stops at lights, then it doesn't start.

Wheel it to the side, put on centre stand, kick start and it's off.

Only sometimes, when the problem happens all the electric goes off, no display, no lights.

Does seem to be a battery problem, he says he charged the battery and problem went away for two weeks.

Having similar problems same year, same bike, Honda said battery is at 70%.It will lose charge sometimes overnight and needs a kick start and after just a minute or so if turned off it re-starts happily on the starter button.

Seems for this bike its a 12 amp battery and as luck has it a 1200 baht cost not the normal 600 baht job unless 12amp batteries are readily available cheaper than at the Honda dealer.?