Having problems with Honda Click 125i (2012 model) for the first time, need some help

JakeSully

I bought the bike in July 2012, it has 14,000 km on it.

I've regularly done oil/ brake changes every 2000 km.

However today when I was starting it after I turned it off at a red light, it wouldn't start. When I clicked the start button, the lights started blinking and it would not show the mileage like it was out of power and would not start.

I was able to get it to start with the pedal kick starter and it ran just fine for a while till it happened again so I'm curious what the problem is.

Does it require a new spark plug/ a battery (I don't know if it has a battery) or what?

Thanks if anyone's able to help. Would really appreciate it

Hmmm.....turning the key off at red lights is a dubious practice. Fuel saved is extremely minimal, saving engine wear is negligible, but the brushes in your starter motor get hammered from excessive use and so does your battery.

And then one day you go to start it and it won't. thumbsup.gif

Hmmm.....turning the key off at red lights is a dubious practice. Fuel saved is extremely minimal, saving engine wear is negligible, but the brushes in your starter motor get hammered from excessive use and so does your battery.

And then one day you go to start it and it won't. thumbsup.gif

The 125i ESP engine is designed for idle start/stop (electronically controlled ACG starter, which not only serves as a self-starter motor but also generates electricity). Some models have the feature, however the starter engine is the same on all.

Batteries do not go bad due to frequent starts however they can fail at any time.

Edited by paz

go to honda dealer that you bought the bike and let them check under warranty.

all i know, honda bikes has 3 years or warranty.

Typically, battery is excluded from warranty even on much more expensive drives.

Charge the battery and see what happens. If all OK then your battery is naff, perhaps will lose charge quickly.

Any healty battery that is driven for 5 minutes can start a 125i.

From many years of experience, not worth even trying, just replace it.

For best results upgrade to Yuasa YTZ7S and forget about (but keep purchase receipt).

• Like 1

Those dry cell batteries on bikes go on for many years. Our bikes still have original batteries and are used for short journey's, Airblade 6 years, PCX with idle stop 5 years.

Edited by transam

My friend has a Honda Click 125i, same year, same problem.

Idle-stop, stops at lights, then it doesn't start.

Wheel it to the side, put on centre stand, kick start and it's off.

Only sometimes, when the problem happens all the electric goes off, no display, no lights.

Does seem to be a battery problem, he says he charged the battery and problem went away for two weeks.

• 6 months later...

Having similar problems same year, same bike, Honda said battery is at 70%.It will lose charge sometimes overnight and needs a kick start and after just a minute or so if turned off it re-starts happily on the starter button.

Seems for this bike its a 12 amp battery and as luck has it a 1200 baht cost not the normal 600 baht job unless 12amp batteries are readily available cheaper than at the Honda dealer.?

Having similar problems same year, same bike, Honda said battery is at 70%.It will lose charge sometimes overnight and needs a kick start and after just a minute or so if turned off it re-starts happily on the starter button.

Seems for this bike its a 12 amp battery and as luck has it a 1200 baht cost not the normal 600 baht job unless 12amp batteries are readily available cheaper than at the Honda dealer.?

It comes as standard with a 5AH 12V battery, cost new about 350bht.

The biggest you can fit is a 7AH 12V battery that costs around 500bht.

If you are paying more than 100bht more than the prices I quoted, they are ripping you off.

It comes as standard with a 5AH 12V battery, cost new about 350bht.

The biggest you can fit is a 7AH 12V battery that costs around 500bht.

If you are paying more than 100bht more than the prices I quoted, they are ripping you off.

Interesting its a late 2012 Honda click 125i and bought new from the dealer I was at today nearly two years ago.

For sure said that the batteries for a 110 click or wave etc about 600 but was firm on a price of 1200 baht for the 12 amp battery I needed.

Anyway just looked in the book that came with the bike and It lists the battery as 12v 5ah just as you said but also lists the code as YTZ6V which looking on the net seems to be the high performance battery by company YUSA. which I guess would be expensive.

Tried to access the battery to identify myself but after undoing the the two screws on the panel it still wont budge which ever way I shove it!

So maybe back to the Honda dealer.

Anyway just looked in the book that came with the bike and It lists the battery as 12v 5ah just as you said but also lists the code as YTZ6V which looking on the net seems to be the high performance battery by company YUSA. which I guess would be expensive.

Tried to access the battery to identify myself but after undoing the the two screws on the panel it still wont budge which ever way I shove it!

I believe the battery inside will be a YTZ5V, the 6V is priced at 500bht, the 7V is priced at 600bht.

(in my local shop)

To open the battery compartment, undo and remove the 2 screws directly below the handlebars.

Put the flat blade of the screwdriver under the V tip of that panel and lever up gently.

Once the compression tag has cleared, you can slide the whole V towards the handlebars and remove.

post-151798-0-07151000-1412592524_thumb.

PS

Don't go back to that garage ever again.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I believe the battery inside will be a YTZ5V, the 6V is priced at 500bht, the 7V is priced at 600bht.

(in my local shop)

To open the battery compartment, undo and remove the 2 screws directly below the handlebars.

Put the flat blade of the screwdriver under the V tip of that panel and lever up gently.

Once the compression tag has cleared, you can slide the whole V towards the handlebars and remove.

PS

Don't go back to that garage ever again.

6V ≠ 6AH

Thanks for the info guys and especially the tip and photo re the panel, very helpful.

Will identify the battery tomorrow which should be the YTZ6V so 12v 5ah as in the book.

This main Honda dealer is where we bought the bike a little under two years ago, have serviced it and provided coupoms with

the monthly payment to get free oil changes etc.

Last service 16k just paid 120 baht for an air filter and a few months back 480 baht for a front tyre which seemed about right,even though when they changed the front tire the old one had an inter tube and I thought they were tubeless on this model........but another story maybe someone used it when in the village got a puncture and put a tube in who knows?

Anyway cant understand why they are quoting the battery at 12 amp and a whopping 1,250 baht? maybe an upgrade for the idle stop model not that I use it.

Have now checked three Honda dealers in town here in a large town in Issan and all have come back with the price 1200, but did just get one down to a quote

of 1000 baht for the YTZ6 V.

He actually showed me the batteries mine being taller in height than the cheaper 600 baht , so dont know what to make of it as ANA had seen the same batterry at 600 bht in his local shop..............wonder where that was?

Actually starts and runs ok but if left until after lunch time the next day for first start its a fifty fifty chance on the starter button, but if kicked over to start and stopped immediately it will happily re start on the starter switch.

Finally dealt with, tried accessory shops who quoted 550 for super sparky christmas cracker assorted brands but on the mention of Yuasa the original battery, a no can do ! although one kind soul admiited the Yuasa was the best to get.

Back to Honda and finally got a new Yuasa for a lets forget the paperwork price of 900 baht,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe a Yuasa copy, but Honda box and battery looked authentic and now it starts without worries.......so job done .

• 6 years later...

Battery woes time....... this thread shows I replaced my battery on the click 2012 idle stop back  in late 2014.

Well 6 years on its reluctant to start in the cold Issan mornings finally today very early .....had to be kick started and did restart on starter switch ok after running on stand for a few minute.

I guess this is simply a battery issue not alternator etc? and at 6 years life cant complain, so for the bike experts do i simply go to Honda pay up 1000 to 1200 shut up or are their simple easy better priced options available now in 2021 without having to fit it myself?

19 minutes ago, sapson said:

Battery woes time....... this thread shows I replaced my battery on the click 2012 idle stop back  in late 2014.

Well 6 years on its reluctant to start in the cold Issan mornings finally today very early .....had to be kick started and did restart on starter switch ok after running on stand for a few minute.

I guess this is simply a battery issue not alternator etc? and at 6 years life cant complain, so for the bike experts do i simply go to Honda pay up 1000 to 1200 shut up or are their simple easy better priced options available now in 2021 without having to fit it myself?

Aren't Batteries really cheap like 200-500 baht? just go to your preferred garage and get it checked/replaced, of course check price first

2 hours ago, sapson said:

I guess this is simply a battery issue

Then buy a new one. Can be bought in mant places including Honda and easy to fit. While fitting it you might see a few other things that need a tweek or at least a clean?

• Like 1