Maxi scooter for short and tall rider?

Gulfsailor

Hi. I am looking for a scooter that can both comfortably be driven by my girlfriend (5ft) and myself (6ft). I have looked online at PCX 150 (bit small though) and Forza 300, Sym 300 and 400, as well as Burgman 200. But before I go scouring shops that actually have these models, I'd like hear your experiences.

Are there maxi scooters with an adjustable/slideable seat? Similar as in a car where you can put the seat forward?

Thanks for any tips!

yamaha t max 500 for around 400 k thb if you have money.

Expensive but it is the king of maxi scooters in Thailand - and possibly at some other countries too.

if not Honda Forza 300 is a good option. More reliable and looks better quality than SYM. But SYM owners claim they can go faster than a Forza.

Good luck.

post-184955-0-14833400-1395651286_thumb.

post-184955-0-84420500-1395651286_thumb.

Just visited the local big bike shop. I saw an old Sym 300i, but it was rather plasticky, and overall I didn't like it that much.

Also sat on a maxsym 400. Pleasantly surprised. Quite solid and very comfy. Took my 11yr old daughter who is about the same height as my gf and she could put both toes on the ground, and easily balance the bike. Maybe cutting some foam from the seat might do the trick.

I also sat on a Yamaha tmax. Beautiful bike! And felt very nice to sit on. But way too high for small people and over budget.

Will have to travel to go see a Forza, and apparently Burgman are nowhere around ;-(

Any other suggestions?

I would say there is nothing to choose in the quality between the Honda Forza and the SYMs. SYM are made in Taiwan and they used to make cubs for Honda, millions of them. I have a SYM Fiddle 2 conventional scooter and the build quality is far superior to my previous Fino and Scoopy. Engine and transmission are better too ( as used in the reborn Lambretta scooters). Best thing is to test ride the Forza and the SYM and see which you like best. SYM have reduced their prices lately.