Chaiyaphum hastens its own development to become one of "The Best Cities"

webfact

The Number 1 Bar and Restaurant sounds good. What are the operating hours going to be? And perhaps some better idea of where it is located. I don't know Chaiyaphum all that well, but do know where the Bus Station is, as well as Tesco Lotus, Big C, Makro.

Just took a closer look at the photo. It looks like it might be on the same street as the bus station and located on the same side of the street as the bus station and not far from the bus station. Would this be correct?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Number 1 Bar and Restaurant sounds good. What are the operating hours going to be? And perhaps some better idea of where it is located. I don't know Chaiyaphum all that well, but do know where the Bus Station is, as well as Tesco Lotus, Big C, Makro.

Alright until the owner answers I can tell you. I did find it yesterday on his description earlier in this thread....For starter there are 4 different busstations so that doesn´t help much. But it is quite close to what I call the Khon Kaen busstation.

But let me describe the position like this. There is q huge entrance road going in to Chaiyaphum coming from the junction where 202 and 201 meets. if you are coming from 201 and Khreng Khro or Khon Kae you make a right turn and onto this big road, if you are coming to Chaiyaphum via 202 yopu just pass this junction straight ahead....

When driving on this big road you will have after 2 km at your left hand side a huge sign up the the air saying KTM LIVING MALL... it is there the Index furniture store is situated. Pass this place with some 200 meters and the sign will appear in front of your eyes. It is about 3 meters high so it is hard to miss it on you left hand side....It is a house with these 2 stores where you are sleeping above and working below.... The sign is being photographed by me in a earlier post....

Good luck

Glegolo

Thanks for direction. Again, I think I know. I only know the one bus station, probably the Khon Kaen one. There is a big hotel almost opposite. And the opening hours are?

To be perfectly honest with you - I am not sure you know where this is at!!! I may be mistaken, but have never seen any hotel near that site... ik know however that opposite closer to centrum Chaiyaphum some 2-400 meters there are Rumpaeth Hospital....if that helps...

Opening hours - l think Ben said earlier that they will have open 6 days a week; "We are hoping to open on the 1st september at 9am, open tuesday till sunday, free wi fi and pool table".

Glegolo

Well darn. You may be right, I don,t know. Your photo with the Ptt station looked very familiar to me. Anyway,I am in Nong Khai at the moment, but will see if I can find it this coming week.

Well darn. You may be right, I don,t know. Your photo with the Ptt station looked very familiar to me. Anyway,I am in Nong Khai at the moment, but will see if I can find it this coming week.

Sorry Ken!!

Have not posted any photo with a PTT station, only a photo of the sign that the restaurant put up outside at the side of the road...

Glegolo

A friend just visited the number one bar again - still working and opening is now......OK here comes the text my friend sent to me just now:

[10:13:30] BTW, went to "The 1 Bar' again. Opening scheduled for 10 September now. One unit, chance to rent the adjoining unit if business flies! Nice big pizza oven in the kitchen, aroy aroy.... Opening will be free drinks and food!
unquote
Glegolo

Ok. Made a motorcycle "run" in to Chaiyaphum today. I happen to be coming from the Korat direction and enter Chaiyaphum on the Makro, Big C highway. Indeed the place is pretty much where I thought it was from the earlier picture post from Glegolo. From the "main bus terminal" there is a Honda Shop opposite the terminal. A few buildings down from the Honda Shop (heading out of town) is the big hotel that I mentioned earlier and is on the same side of the street as the Honda shop. Another 1/2 km or so is the PTT Station and then further down on the right hand side you would see the Bar sign earlier posted and then the KTM Mall. At first, I missed the shop sign and the KTM Mall because there was a police road stop right in that area and ended paying attention to the Police stop. Had to do a U Turn and come back, and there it was.

If the opening is not till the 10th, I will miss it as I head to USA on the 11th for just over a month. Anyway, will look forward to getting there on my return.

Ok. Made a motorcycle "run" in to Chaiyaphum today. I happen to be coming from the Korat direction and enter Chaiyaphum on the Makro, Big C highway. Indeed the place is pretty much where I thought it was from the earlier picture post from Glegolo. From the "main bus terminal" there is a Honda Shop opposite the terminal. A few buildings down from the Honda Shop (heading out of town) is the big hotel that I mentioned earlier and is on the same side of the street as the Honda shop. Another 1/2 km or so is the PTT Station and then further down on the right hand side you would see the Bar sign earlier posted and then the KTM Mall. At first, I missed the shop sign and the KTM Mall because there was a police road stop right in that area and ended paying attention to the Police stop. Had to do a U Turn and come back, and there it was.

If the opening is not till the 10th, I will miss it as I head to USA on the 11th for just over a month. Anyway, will look forward to getting there on my return.

Hope to meet you and other guys than when it has opened.

Glegolo

post-108407-0-38512200-1409058646_thumb.post-108407-0-67732100-1409058746_thumb.post-108407-0-76220400-1409058848_thumb. Weve been so busy that i havent been able to keep everybody up to date, we had to go to pattaya for many things, some things for a bar you can only buy there. were working on the beer garden now, trying to sound proof it. About 15 farangs have stopped and asked when were opening, it wont be long, i have to make sure everything is right before we open the doors. ile keep you posted.

We are talking about Chaiyaphum and Chaiyaphum city. I have been since 2008 bicycling around on a daily basis, and making between 25-45 km each day, except those days when it was snowing of course, laugh.png

I did originally buy a mountainbike that did cost 6.000 baht, I was happy with it... It lasted 3 years to be exact.. Than I bought exactly the same one (same brand) again.... and once again that one lasted 3 years.....

So Now for 2 weeks ago I did found out that we REALLY have a more proffessional bicycle-shop here in Chaiyaphum. It was really pleasing to find it, and even more pleasing to enter the shop. The guy and his wife running it, spoke some english, so I could make myself understood.

I bought from them now a mountainbike of really good quality, that I suspect would last at least double the time of the cheaper ones.....It did cost me in total with some extras 12.000 baht and I was happy with that. And on top of that, I am not being a mecanic nor a mountainbike fanatic, I just love the rides and the good exercise it gives me, but the shop offered me to come to them, if I like to get my bike serviced,, they will charge me 100 baht for that.... Great idea for a lazy guy like me....

This shop, look at three photos below, is situated in the beginning of the the 225 (Ban Khwaoo road) quite close to that stupid junction we all call the "stupid junction",hahaha!! If you need any further direction just ask me...

Glegolo

post-67253-0-26231000-1409196538_thumb.j

post-67253-0-27348600-1409196557_thumb.j

post-67253-0-66007000-1409196593_thumb.j

Someone else also asked for google map referencies, so one of my friends was nice enough to give me to give you guys directions as follows via google map:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@

Write in coordinates: 15.820735,102.046108

And you will be just outside this bar...

According to my friend he believe that this description of it´s position is best described as follows:

Take 202 from the junction of 201 & 202 into town, pass KTM Living Mall after about 1.5 km from the junction, cross a little bridge adjacent to KTM, slow down in front of the 2nd hand car dealer on the other side of the little bridge and stop in front of the row of shophouses. The left-most shophouse is the bar.
You have gone to far when you pass the Shell station on your left and you should U-turn at the PTT station which is in your right diagonally opposite of Shell.
Good luck...
Glegolo

I would just like the locals and any tourists to know that there is now a family run bar and restaurant with beer garden in chiayaphum, serving italian pizza, schnitzel, australian beef steak, and breakfasts. We are hoping to open on the 1st at 9am, open tuesday till sunday, free wi fi and pool table. We have been living in Khonkaen and have just moved to Chiayaphum, it would be good to meet some locals and get some more info on the province. We are next to KTM living mall.

Ok we have decided that tuesday the 9th of september 9am we will be open, we will have an official opening day with a free pig roast & buffet at the end of the month, we would like to meet all the locals and get ideas and suggestions for the bar.hope to see you all next week.

I would just like the locals and any tourists to know that there is now a family run bar and restaurant with beer garden in chiayaphum, serving italian pizza, schnitzel, australian beef steak, and breakfasts. We are hoping to open on the 1st at 9am, open tuesday till sunday, free wi fi and pool table. We have been living in Khonkaen and have just moved to Chiayaphum, it would be good to meet some locals and get some more info on the province. We are next to KTM living mall.

Ok we have decided that tuesday the 9th of september 9am we will be open, we will have an official opening day with a free pig roast & buffet at the end of the month, we would like to meet all the locals and get ideas and suggestions for the bar.hope to see you all next week.

Darn. Sorry I'm going to miss that "official" opening and the pig roast. Love a pig roast. As previously mentioned I will be out of country until mid October. Will look forward to a beer or 3 on my return. Best of luck.

So today went down to the Number 1 bar in Chaiyaphum, it opened it´s doors this morning at hrs 09.00. Ben and his wife welcomed me and my 2 friends

and they were really nice people.

It feels good now finally, to have at last a decent bar in Chaiyaphum directed at falangs. Shall be nice to eat proper pizza or tasty steaks, or even breakfast from time to time...

I like to wish Ben and his wife very welcome to Chaiyaphum, and good luck with your business. And that the falangs in the area will support this place by going there and drink and socialize a bit from time to time....

Glegolo

post-67253-0-48772100-1410266682_thumb.j

post-67253-0-56373000-1410266706_thumb.j

post-67253-0-86414200-1410266724_thumb.j

post-67253-0-67078000-1410266739_thumb.j

post-67253-0-33995800-1410266766_thumb.j

post-67253-0-90553600-1410266781_thumb.j

I have visited the 'city' twice and found it to be fairly clean. On the last occasion we had to visit a vehicle electrics repair place in a side street. We were made very welcome, had to stay their 3 hours whilst they repaired the pick up. The owner spoke good english and offered us seating, and water to drink. A good all-round experience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For you that do not know it yet. Number one bar are moving, and they will re-open their doors saturday 6th december 2014. The new location is at the stoplights in the front of the "night-bazar".. along the street going down to Tesco Lotus.... I think actually this will be an even better location.

Så hey Australian steak or a nice pizza welcome.-.. I miss it...

Glegolo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived