Unsure what to do...

electronicweld

I met a Thai woman (33, I'm 55) on a dating site, 8 months ago. It wasn't a Thai dating site, but we just seemed to "click".

We chatted on Skype everyday for about 3 months, before I flew from Manchester to meet her in Bangkock. We stayed a

couple of nights in Bangkock, before travelling by bus to Hua Hin. We had planned to spend 8 nights in Hua Hin, but after

2 nights, she had to travel home to Phetchabun, because of the death of a "cousin". We met up again 4 days later, in

Bangkock and spent New Year (2014) together, before I flew home.

We were emailing and chatting on Skype everyday, since my return, up untill 9 days ago.

She knows I have booked flights to visit her in mid April, she even told me which hotel to book, in Phetchabun.

But since 9 days, I have had no contact with her, no email or Skype and her phone is on voicemail.

I don't speak any Thai, so would appreciate help in understanding where she lives. Her address is,

7 Ban kock District

City Canton

Phetchabun Province

The address is real, as I've sent her a birthday and Valentines card, which she showed me on Skype.

Can someone please tell me, where do I get a bus to, from Bangkock, I have to know she is ok.

She fell off the back of a pickup truck, and banged her head on the road, a couple of days before I lost contact with her.

She showed me a nasty graze on her elbow and said she also hurt her back. Maybe she is in hospital, I just don't know.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll find people who have lived here a fair amount of time are very cynical when we hear stories like this.

I would say come over to Thailand on holiday and make plans to be a singe traveller and see if she gets in touch when you are here, if you beleive her excuses for going quiet go and see her then.

Be very careful of Thai ladies, that's not to say they are all bad I am married with a daughter, but there a lot of schemers about.

Look on the web for Mor Chit bus station in BKK that's the main one. A taxi from the airport will probably be 3500thb or so.

If you want to save some money get the metro from the airport into town & then get a taxi, you should save 3000 Bht & not be a lot slower...

• Like 1

I've just gone over the map of Phetchabun Province and I can see all the districts but I don't see a Ban kock District, sounds oddly like Bangkok whereas Canton sounds distinctly Swiss. Personally, I think that address is a p*ss take.

sorry for you electronicweld .

a few things look suspicious to me

.the fact she had to leave you for a cousin death..old story of a relative problem (must be huge families in isaan)

.is it evening time in Thailand when u skype her? did u get to see her place by cam? decoration.shoes.small items detecting man s presence.?

.address is too vague. in LOS they have to be very precise as Moo tanong numbers amphur even room numbers. she can have collected at the local store..

.did u see the wound only or the body and head it belongs too?

i might sound paranoiac to you but i have dozens of stories on my personnal book with scams going beyond imagination

fortunately they always make mistake , details will help. use all she told u to track her down there if you really want to be sure

• Like 1

Thai people will avoid conflict at all costs. If she has gone quiet, then that is probably her way of telling you the relationship is over. Make your planned trip, send her a message telling her where and when you will be in Thailand, and if she wants to contact or see you, she will. Otherwise, don't waste your time looking for her. Thai addresses are very difficult to find. Come to Thailand with the plan to find a new girl, or better yet, find many new girls. It is not uncommon for a Thai girl to have a few overseas contacts working them all for money, and to see which one will pay the sinsot and buy the gold first.

Your trip to Hua Hin should have been a clue. She was probably not impressed with the travel by bus, then perhaps the hotel was not impressive enough, so after 2 days, she was already ready to end the relationship.

Move on, give her up, there are thousands of Thai girls looking for a good man.

Betting Jim here has it pegged pretty well... Perceptive and succinct.

You'll find people who have lived here a fair amount of time are very cynical when we hear stories like this.

I would say come over to Thailand on holiday and make plans to be a singe traveller and see if she gets in touch when you are here, if you beleive her excuses for going quiet go and see her then.

Be very careful of Thai ladies, that's not to say they are all bad I am married with a daughter, but there a lot of schemers about.

Look on the web for Mor Chit bus station in BKK that's the main one. A taxi from the airport will probably be 3500thb or so.

To Moe chit!!!!!

Thai people will avoid conflict at all costs. If she has gone quiet, then that is probably her way of telling you the relationship is over. Make your planned trip, send her a message telling her where and when you will be in Thailand, and if she wants to contact or see you, she will. Otherwise, don't waste your time looking for her. Thai addresses are very difficult to find. Come to Thailand with the plan to find a new girl, or better yet, find many new girls. It is not uncommon for a Thai girl to have a few overseas contacts working them all for money, and to see which one will pay the sinsot and buy the gold first.

Your trip to Hua Hin should have been a clue. She was probably not impressed with the travel by bus, then perhaps the hotel was not impressive enough, so after 2 days, she was already ready to end the relationship.

Move on, give her up, there are thousands of Thai girls looking for a good man.

Yes move on..hard to tell ya...as I had the same..mate best ya note all the postings about Thai ladies...move on there are millions and millions of single ladies that would love to meet you...condolences on your feelings... FYI I was married twice to Thai ladies and they are a strange like most women..a challenge but not speaking Thai then know you are the under dog... take care hope this helps..ok? Ron

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 1

i've been here long enough to be cynical too. its highly likely something else is going on (boyfriend, husband, sponsors). however, it doesn't sound like that's why she dropped off like that. if she was milking it, she wouldn't stop BEFORE his next trip. there's no money in that.

i'm guessing she is hurt or dead. people die really easily in Thailand. i'd follow up, but cautiously.

• Like 1

7 Ban kock District

City Canton

Phetchabun Province

The address looks weird which I have never seen Thai home address starts with "District" on the first line (I maybe wrong)

the city "Canton" does not sound Thai.

If I were you, I would not travel to see her alone unless you are familiar with the area. I am Thai and I would not go to where I am not familiar with the area even though it is my birth country. It is not safe to travel alone to unfamiliar places even though I speak Thai fluently.

This is Moo 7 (street No.7) Bahn Kok Phetchabun where Ban Khok health centre is located. If she is indeed in hospital as you say, then it could be that she is in this hospital. You could try telephoning the hospital. If you just enter "phetchbun bahn khok 7" in Google Earth and you will get a map location. There are a lot of Chinese families living in Phetchabun Province so no surprise if she uses the word Canton which is Chinese for District. Or on the other hand she may have a Swiss "Financee" also on the go as the Swiss also use the word Canton for districts in Switzerland.

Edited by Estrada

Hi

Just read your posting, I live in ''Thailand'', if you have a mobile number i can give her a call if you like, or call the number and leave a message, I do speak a bit of Thai,

If you want me to do that, please send me a personal message, and i will..

or anything else i can do just ask..

All the best

Robert

• Like 2