Yoga teaching in Thailand

Hi,

I am Camilla, already more or less living in Thailand since several years.

The last years I worked mainly in call centers and was teaching English. Right now I want to focus on a new career and become a yoga teacher. As I regularly do Yoga here in Thailand, I know that on the Islands and as well in Bangkok and Chiang Mai there are many yoga centers and courses.

But does anybody of you knows about working conditions and standard payment? Do you think it will be possible for me to find a job, even when I just started to become a yoga teacher?

Would be great to get some feedback!

Best regards,

Camilla

I am not an expert in yoga, but I'm somewhat of an expert in teachers, especially new teachers. So I'm happy to offer a device and suggestions but please take my words with a grain of salt.

I have no idea how long you have been involved in yoga, but a lot of teaching is in the attitude. Can you come across as a teacher? If you are teaching someone yoga, Would they believe that you are an expert? Qualified to teach them? Obviously, you could always promote yourself as yoga instructor for novices in Yoga, too.

My son Studies sports science and, According to him, personal trainers and fitness instructors earn between 150 and 600 baht per hour. Yoga obviously is conducive to group classes where you can charge six students 100 baht each.

Anyway, just my ideas. I hope they're helpful.

Hi brucetefl

thank you very much for your thoughts! I totally get what you are talking about. I think I can be a good yoga teacher as I love to teach and be involved with people. My biggest concern was that perhaps I dont even get the change to teach as schools will not choose me as I cant offer the years of experience they are looking for. But I guess you are right, with a good attitude I guess I can show them that I have lots to offer as a yoga teacher.

150 Baht is not much, but I hope I will manage to earn around 600 Baht per hour, that would be great smile.png

Thank you again for your advice