Online Overcharge for Cambodia Visa?

Dear members,

Today i just completed the online cambodia visa entry for my visit on Friday. But i was charged $70.00 dollars for completing the process online and didn't notice this until full payment was made.
I got an email with my details and have replied to this email stating why i was overcharged but yet no reply. Am i right that it should only be $30.00 dollars for the visa?

And what should i do now? Thanks for any feedback on getting some of my money back and how.

I have used the official Cambodian government site http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/ to obtain evisas for the last several years. It normally works well but I have had two failures with the online system in the last two years, where I paid but did not receive a visa. Each time I wrote to them and was told very apologetically that the system had failed and my money was returned to my credit card account. I get the evisa as it saves pages in my passport but if you are not a frequent traveller you can save USD8 by simply getting your visa on arrival at the counter at Siem Reap or Phnom Penh airport. It costs USD20 and its a full page sticker in your passport.

Yes, lesson learnt crazy.gif and i have a 48 page passport....so to answer the quote do you travel a lot? yes I do and that's why i'm now on my new passport with 48 pages.
I did my research beforehand and that's why i did the online visa. If only Thailand did the same violin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<deleted>!!! I didn't pay too much attention to the google search. yes I overpaid with my own mistake.

http://www.evisa-cambodia.net was the one I used. well serves me right for not paying to much attention. crazy.gif

can't cancel too late.

I just did the same thing. Emailed them at [email protected] for a refund and the email was returned as undeliverable. Telephoned my bank to reverse the charge and was told they could do nothing about it. Emails and telephone call all within 10 minutes of submitting the application when I realised my mistake. Just another scam but really my own stupid fault.

• 3 weeks later...

<deleted>!!! I didn't pay too much attention to the google search. yes I overpaid with my own mistake.

http://www.evisa-cambodia.net was the one I used. well serves me right for not paying to much attention. crazy.gif

can't cancel too late.

Yes, it's a little late but at the bottom of that site, it shows "Fees" and clickable links for:

View Prices for applying via our website ($70) AND View Prices for applying via gov website ($25). Perhaps reading this might help someone avoid the same mistake.