King meets Japanese community representatives

webfact

King meets Japanese community representatives and discusses water management projects with HAII officials

PNROY570328001000101_28032014_100745.jpg

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN, 28 March 2014 (NNT) - His Majesty the King on Thursday evening (March 27) granted an audience to Mr. Torajiro Ohachi, president of the Japanese Association in Thailand, Mr. Shigekazu Sato, the Japanese Ambassador to Thailand and executive members of the Japan Association in Thailand, at the Klai Kangwon Palace. The party presented to His Majesty a monetary donation on the occasion of the 100th founding anniversary of the Japan Association in Thailand.

Upon presenting the donation, Mr. Ohachi expressed his appreciation for HM the King’s kindness shown to Japanese people who have settled down in this country. The Japanese Association in Thailand has about 8,000 members, making it the largest organization of its kind in the world. The president of the association cited the 600-year-old relationship between the two countries, be it in economic, political, social or cultural aspects. He also referred to the close relationship between the Thai and Japanese royal families. Their Imperial Majesties Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited Thailand twice, the latest of which was to join in the celebration for HM the King’s 60th anniversary of his accession to the Throne in June 2006. The two Royal Families have exchanged visits of their members on several occasions, one of which was made by Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito in June 2012. The visits have contributed to the strengthening of the existing friendly relations between the two countries, Mr. Ohachi said.

Later at about 5.00 p.m. His Majesty granted an audience to the administrative board of the Hydro and Agro Informatics Institute (HAII) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, led by Mr. Sumet Tantivejkul, honorary chairman of the Institute, who came to seek royal advice on operational guidelines for the Institute. The group on this occasion introduced to His Majesty the King Mrs. Sanit Thipnangrong, a resident of Ban Lim Thong in Nang Rong District, Buriram Province, who received the trophy for her winning project in the competition on community water management based on royal initiatives.His Majesty was presented on this occasion a box of red fragrant rice seeds harvested from the project’s plantations.

His Majesty the King was then given a progress report by HAII officials on the provincial level water management system, the development of the Yom River basin, implementation progress of royally initiated research projects, the water situation in 2013 and the weather forecast for 2014. The HAII has been developing and applying new technology initiatives to support better agricultural and water resource management in the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-28 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

I am amazed at this King. I am an American and Royals don't do much for me but his King was born in America and for some unknown reason to me I have a great respect for him. Maybe its because he became the king the year I was born. Yes, I do have a photo of him hanging on my wall, - How odd is that?

I am amazed at this King. I am an American and Royals don't do much for me but his King was born in America and for some unknown reason to me I have a great respect for him. Maybe its because he became the king the year I was born. Yes, I do have a photo of him hanging on my wall, - How odd is that?

Go for Rama V, as most educated people do. Or both. -wai2.gif