Mcdonalds

Did any aussie's see that thing on TV last week about the cheeseburger?

They had one from 3 years ago and a fresh on they got on that day and they did tests on them and they are no different.

Its pumped full of preservatives and the whole buger didnt even change colour or anything after 3 years. :o

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, but they are still better than most of the crummy burgers sold in Thailand and at least the taste is consistant and I've seen a lot of travelers - including Euros - rushing out to have one after returning from less developed countries where they are not available.

As a buddy once said, "It's not a hamburger; it's a Big Mac". :o

There was someone who did an experiment of living on solely McDonalds food for two weeks. He didn't make it; his health rapidly deteriorated and he was practically hospitalized and forced to stop. McDonalds made a statement after it got press defending its food, but at the same time saying something to the effect of only going there in moderation.

Sorry, but they are still better than most of the crummy burgers sold in Thailand and at least the taste is consistant and I've seen a lot of travelers - including Euros - rushing out to have one after returning from less developed countries where they are not available.

As a buddy once said, "It's not a hamburger; it's a Big Mac". :D

Thats also true, when i was at phi phi I ordered hamburger with chips, I got this multigrain bun that was as hard as a rock and 4 chips :o

There was someone who did an experiment of living on solely McDonalds food for two weeks. He didn't make it; his health rapidly deteriorated and he was practically hospitalized and forced to stop. McDonalds made a statement after it got press defending its food, but at the same time saying something to the effect of only going there in moderation.

I did solely on McDonalds once for 31 days (based on a bet) and survived with no problems at all. And when think of it, I would do it again anytime :o

Explorer :D

"Super Size Me' - Documentary ...

It was 30 days.

A friend of mine was a Ph.D. professor in mechanical engineering, and a certified nut-case on health food. He said absurd things such as, "If it can sit out on a table for two days without rotting, it's full of deadly carcingoens."

A proper beef-burger (maichai moo) contains high protein; a healthy dose of fat but not too much; vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.; grains (hopefully whole grain), and hopefully not too many salty potatos. Not exactly death food.

Again, I prefer Burger-King, and now that I'm returning to Chiang Mai, Mike's Burgers and his chili con carne de res.

There is worse food than proper hamburgers. Most Thai food, for example. :o

A friend of mine was a Ph.D. professor in mechanical engineering, and a certified nut-case on health food. He said absurd things such as, "If it can sit out on a table for two days without rotting, it's full of deadly carcingoens."

A proper beef-burger (maichai moo) contains high protein; a healthy dose of fat but not too much; vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.; grains (hopefully whole grain), and hopefully not too many salty potatos. Not exactly death food.

Again, I prefer Burger-King, and now that I'm returning to Chiang Mai, Mike's Burgers and his chili con carne de res.

Im talking about Mcdonalds hamburgers, 2 days is different then 3 years brother.

But I have to agree that burger king burgers are the best fast food burger there is.

The beef paddies taste like real meat.

There is worse food than proper hamburgers. Most Thai food, for example. :D

All I can say is your talking Mc <deleted>, how can you compare no taste food (well I'll be hard pressed to call it food) like Mc <deleted> or Burgerkrap :o with real Thai food...there is no comparison.

Thai food wins everytime, sorry but I've been here a year to date (not so long I know) There are plenty of decent Thai burgers to be had.

Anyways, it's completely upto you, good luck with the Mc <deleted> :D

He made it and ate 3x a day McCrap for 30days. :o

So you think eating a burger 3 times a day, everyday would be healthy?

That movie made me feel ill to watch. Especially when he was vomitting out the SUV window. When he got the "Mc Cramps" and the "Mc Stitch" ... it was gross.

If you have to eat one or the other, Burger King wins hands down.

Supersize me, whilst being an amusing film, wasn't really proving much. I'm going to make a documentary where I eat nothing but celery for a month. Will I survive???

People should stop wrapping themselves in cotton wool, and enjoy life!! Cease the Day!!

:o

Phil

There is ANOTHER documentary where the guy keeps up his normal exercise routine and eats every meal at McDonald's – but not purposely stuffing himself - and he ends up LOSING weight.

Super-Size Me was yellow journalism at its worst! :o

Burger-King in America uses much better beef than in S.E.A. or Australia, but the patties here are almost exactly the same as McDonalds; McDonalds is just smart enough to cover them with secret sauce! :D

There is ANOTHER documentary where the guy keeps up his normal exercise routine and eats every meal at McDonald's – but not purposely stuffing himself - and he ends up LOSING weight.

Super-Size Me was yellow journalism at its worst! :o

Burger-King in America uses much better beef than in S.E.A. or Australia, but the patties here are almost exactly the same as McDonalds; McDonalds is just smart enough to cover them with secret sauce! :D

American beef is grey looking, Australian beef is 10 times better.

Losing weight doesnt mean its healty

whatever you wanna say about MacDs they sure do got good quality control...the Big Mac that you order in Mexico City tastes the same as what you get in BKK...

to think that they got MacDs quality control people covering the world...('your mission, should you choose to take it, is to fly to Kabul/Bagdad to confirm that MacD's quality standards are not compromised...')

a large, muscular and heavily armed flak jacketed individual with a skin head and raybans emerges menacingly from a US marine humvee...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

No trick in preserving food, Roman Legionnaires were great at it,

just dehydrate it, (salting is just another method for same),

Be it fungus, mold, or any manner of pathogen, everything needs water in it's life cycle at one point or another,

Then there's urban legend of the Hostess "Twinkie", with an incalculable shelf life ... :o

whatever you wanna say about MacDs they sure do got good quality control...the Big Mac that you order in Mexico City tastes the same as what you get in BKK...

to think that they got MacDs quality control people covering the world...('your mission, should you choose to take it, is to fly to Kabul/Bagdad to confirm that MacD's quality standards are not compromised...')

a large, muscular and heavily armed flak jacketed individual with a skin head and raybans emerges menacingly from a US marine humvee...

there is an explosion and the rattle of high caliber gun fire...then there is the image of John Rambo...he's angry an' he ain't gonna allow multinational corps to corrupt the ancient dietary customs of thai buddhist monks...

'twinkies are one thing', he shouts, 'but big macs are insidiuos slime...'

Rambo holds out his hand to an adoring 8 year old covered with bandoliers and says 'come with me to save the world'...(as the kid ditches the remains of his chicken nuggets 'happy meal'...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Don't agree at all.The worst burgers I've ever had were in Thailand.Nearly all franchised food in LOS is extremely disappointing.Particularly the french fries which are usually stale and cold.If their QC is so good how can this happen?Pizza Hut was so poor on my last trip the base of the pizza was more like a cornish wafer.And when you complain they look at you as though you're bonkers.I'll stick with thai food,rarely get a bad meal.

Bad news in CM - Burger King never re-opened after the flooding!

Do you think so? I've had them in quite a few countries - and they all taste different. By a mile the best one was in Cairo - but I think that was because the local food is so horrible!

Super-Size Me was yellow journalism at its worst! :D

American beef is grey looking, Australian beef is 10 times better.

Losing weight doesnt mean its healty

Sorry, but the cr*p beef that fast food places are using in this part of the world is Australian and doesn't taste nearly as good as American beef. American beef is why Burger King in America is so much better than around here. :o

Grey beef paddies cant be good for you, probaly shouldnt even be called beef.

Mcdonalds only tastes ok because it has tonnes of sugar loaded into the burger.

I would take a greasy takeaway shop burger pver any fast food burger anyday.