Mcdonalds

Grey beef paddies cant be good for you, probaly shouldnt even be called beef.

Mcdonalds only tastes ok because it has tonnes of sugar loaded into the burger.

I would take a greasy takeaway shop burger pver any fast food burger anyday.

I've never seen any grey hamburger on sale in the USA, but they must taste better than Vegemite anyway. :o

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never seen any grey hamburger on sale in the USA, but they must taste better than Vegemite anyway. :o

It always comes back to the vegemite, doesn't it :D

After living in the states for almost 18 months I can honestly say the differences between the 2 are minimal at best.

I've never seen any grey hamburger on sale in the USA, but they must taste better than Vegemite anyway. :D

After living in the states for almost 18 months I can honestly say the differences between the 2 are minimal at best.

Grey beef and vegemite? :o

Haven't been to a McDonald's in Thailand yet, but I used to practically LIVE on the junior green chili cheeseburgers (on the 99 cent menu) while living in Albuquerque, New Mexico (granted, it was the only burger place near my home that had a drive-thru window open 24 hours a day so I could get a burger-and-fries-with-milkshake fix at 3 or 4 in the morning...)

But I did like the last burger I ate at the Burger King in the domestic terminal of BKK back in January.

I've only had three burgers in-country since moving to Thailand permanently this past April:

1) at a bar on the south end of Patong --> rock hard kaiser roll and almost-as-hard pattie (D-)

2) room service at Baikyoke Sky Hotel in Bangkok --> rather hard sesame seed bun, small greyish pattie, too many tomatoes (I just pick 'em off anyway), burned bacon slices

3) yesterday, found a place called Perfection Cafe in Chalong (near the Phuket Zoo on Chaofa East Road): excellent burger: perfect size and softness bun, thick pattie with the proper color (probably a half-pound of beef) and was perfectly cooked -- juicy with just a slight greasiness, melted cheese slice (although this was mozerella instead of cheddar it was still good), excellent-quality slices of bacon, plus a large amount of lettuce and tomatoes on the side; also, the atmostphere is good --> an enclosed restaurant (not open-air) with good air-con, pleasant decor, and a great mixed drink and wine selection...

I'll definitely be returning to Perfection Cafe for occasional burger fixes (it's attached to Perfection Spa) and be steering clear of the McDonald's in Patong (too bad the only Burger King on Phuket is at the airport or I might be tempted). Still, I intend to check out other non-chain burgers whenever I get the chance...

I've never seen any grey hamburger on sale in the USA, but they must taste better than Vegemite anyway. :D

Grey beef and vegemite? :D

Australian McDonalds and American McDonalds, smart ass :D

What is it with you and vegemite? Did someone drop you on your head by chance as a youngster? :D:o:D

Actually, we realize that McDonalds in the USA and abroad are virtually identical. That is why they cover the taste of the meat with sauce.

However, I remember that, at one time, Burger King used to have very good beef - much better than what McDonalds and the Burger Kings in Aussie and Thailand use, but I haven't been in the US for over 15 years. Is the meat quality at BK in USA still much better than what is sold in this part of the world? :o

Actually, we realize that McDonalds in the USA and abroad are virtually identical. That is why they cover the taste of the meat with sauce.

However, I remember that, at one time, Burger King used to have very good beef - much better than what McDonalds and the Burger Kings in Aussie and Thailand use, but I haven't been in the US for over 15 years. Is the meat quality at BK in USA still much better than what is sold in this part of the world? :o

yeah...I haven't been back in yonks either and wonder does the junk food still taste the same?...what about the tacos as in Taco Bell?...do they got fake flour tortillas (dey stretch lak rubbah) for the burritos or the good ol' same, same variety?...

how about Bob's Big Boy? or the venerable In 'n Out Burger? (you East Coast weenies feel free to stick in the oar...)

Tutsi just mentioned two great burger places. Bob's Big Boy and my all-time favorite, In-N-Out burger. That is a real burger man!!!!!!!!! :o

Bob's was all but killed off a few years back when the Marriot Corporation bought it.

Just a couple of stores survived (Burbank for one).

They are now trying to do a comeback.

The best thing about Thai food is the cleanliness of the preparers hands as the collect filthy dirty money in btw food preparation in addition to stringent health dept regulations regarding cleanliness of street food vendors. those street side sinks and anti-bacterial soaps they use is stupendous for good clean food. LOL

The best thing about Thai food is the cleanliness of the preparers hands as the collect filthy dirty money in btw food preparation in addition to stringent health dept regulations regarding cleanliness of street food vendors. those street side sinks and anti-bacterial soaps they use is stupendous for good clean food. LOL

What does that have to do with burgers?

You, sir, are :o

i'm lovin' it !

McDonald's Serves Quality Meats and Eggs

Your favorite McDonald's sandwiches are made with USDA-inspected 100% beef, high quality chicken and fish, as well as farm fresh Grade A eggs.

Beef

McDonald’s commitment to quality can be clearly seen in our dedication to bringing you USDA-inspected 100% beef to ensure your favorite McDonald’s premium burgers are of high quality and taste great.

McDonald’s is the largest single purchaser of American beef, buying nearly one billion pounds per year. As one of the nation’s leading purchasers of agricultural products, including beef, McDonald's believes in and has consistently advocated and enforced the strongest possible food safety standards and regulations.

In fact, McDonald’s maintains a select list of only the top beef suppliers in the country and continually conducts independent third-party audits to ensure safety and quality.

With these industry-leading standards in place, McDonald’s is able to deliver –and you are able to enjoy – high quality beef in your favorite fresh-to-order McDonald’s sandwiches.

Chicken

McDonald’s uses premium chicken from leading suppliers like Tyson. From our Premium Chicken Sandwiches and Chicken Selects strips to our Chicken McNuggets and Premium Salads, our customers can trust McDonald’s to provide them with great-tasting, high quality chicken.

Our suppliers conduct ongoing quality analysis to ensure that the products we serve meet our demanding specifications. Following McDonald’s strict food safety procedures, our chicken is carefully inspected to ensure top quality and freshness in the food choices you enjoy in our restaurant.

Did you know? McDonald’s was the first Quick Service Restaurant to invent a quality portable breakfast sandwich for people on the go in the morning. The sandwich – the Egg McMuffin. The year – 1973.

Fish

McDonald’s uses white fish from the cold, deep waters of the Pacific Ocean and Bering, Baltic and North Seas. The premium quality of McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish sandwich is a result of the process and high standards we employ and our ability to freeze the fish at sea to maintain freshness. In fact, the high quality standards that McDonald’s uses when preparing fish far surpass federal requirements.

I like those shoestring style french fries Micky D's sells. Once you accept the fact that their sandwichs are "burgers" in name only and that they are nothing more than fast food loaded with things any cardiologist would frown on....then you walk in with your eyes...and your mind wide open. I haven't eaten one of the sandwichs in about 5 years but, when in Thailand, I will stop in for the fries.

bon appetit!

Yeah the chips should be called oil sticks.

Yes they may buy great quality beef etc, but its how they process it.

This is what mcdonalds does to you

lol....You dont have to go to Micky D's. You can find a high calorie...high fat..high carb menu that you can consume to excess at any 5 star restaurant as well. I kind of lean toward the concept that moderation in consumption is kind of the key to maintaining normal weight.

Pit stop ( snack). These boys are eating much more than burgers and pies. Probably few liters of Coke too! :D

They could destroy a 50 oz steak and extras ( pasto, spuds, rooms, salad, bread, etc...) and Coke easily each. :o

lol....You dont have to go to Micky D's. You can find a high calorie...high fat..high carb menu that you can consume to excess at any 5 star restaurant as well. I kind of lean toward the concept that moderation in consumption is kind of the key to maintaining normal weight.

Yeah, but Micky D's tried a new healthy range in the UK and the Salads contained more fat than the burgers!

Yeah, but Micky D's tried a new healthy range in the UK and the Salads contained more fat than the burgers!

Same as in Oz, no-one even eats it too, I rather get a salad from a gourmet shop then there.

Its the dressing there that makes it contain alot of fat.

That is because almost ALL salad dressings ANYWHERE are mostly fat.

Nothing new about that.

It's easy, if you want low calorie than don't put much dressing on your salad. :o

No this is what irresponsible parenting does to kids.

That is because almost ALL salad dressings ANYWHERE are mostly fat.

Nothing new about that.

It's easy, if you want low calorie than don't put much dressing on your salad. :o

Or simply splash some vinegar with a little oil

I took a vacation in Paris last year and in the neighbourhood I stayed (near the Bastille station), the local McDonald's always had a long line of Parisians (yes French, not tourists) from counter to door, while the nearby cafes were practically empty.

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :o

I took a vacation in Paris last year and in the neighbourhood I stayed (near the Bastille station), the local McDonald's always had a long line of Parisians (yes French, not tourists) from counter to door, while the nearby cafes were practically empty.

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :o

you forgot to mention the monologue from Pulp Fiction regarding 'Royale wid Cheese' and being able to get a beer at McD in Paris...

looks to me like a buncha hung over parisiens goin' after a load of grease and salt wid a Kronenberg to boot at 0700 hrs...

And Ive been inn the Netherlands, UK, Germany., France.....and they all seem to have more McDonalds per capita than here in the US. Ok...they eat the shit and then talk trash.

good for them

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :D

I find that breakfast at Mc D's is such a good deal that eating at a place that is slightly better - but double the price - is just a waste of money. :o

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :D

I find that breakfast at Mc D's is such a good deal that eating at a place that is slightly better - but double the price - is just a waste of money. :o

Please refrain from all discussions related to McDonalds breakfast.

No egg McMuffins are available here in wild and wonderful Thailand, and all this talk of McDonalds breakfast will soon start to get to me. So I ask again please refrain from discussions related to McDonalds breakfasts.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. :D

Haven't been to a McDonald's in Thailand yet, but I used to practically LIVE on the junior green chili cheeseburgers (on the 99 cent menu) while living in Albuquerque, New Mexico (granted, it was the only burger place near my home that had a drive-thru window open 24 hours a day so I could get a burger-and-fries-with-milkshake fix at 3 or 4 in the morning...)

But I did like the last burger I ate at the Burger King in the domestic terminal of BKK back in January.

I've only had three burgers in-country since moving to Thailand permanently this past April:

1) at a bar on the south end of Patong --> rock hard kaiser roll and almost-as-hard pattie (D-)

2) room service at Baikyoke Sky Hotel in Bangkok --> rather hard sesame seed bun, small greyish pattie, too many tomatoes (I just pick 'em off anyway), burned bacon slices

3) yesterday, found a place called Perfection Cafe in Chalong (near the Phuket Zoo on Chaofa East Road): excellent burger: perfect size and softness bun, thick pattie with the proper color (probably a half-pound of beef) and was perfectly cooked -- juicy with just a slight greasiness, melted cheese slice (although this was mozerella instead of cheddar it was still good), excellent-quality slices of bacon, plus a large amount of lettuce and tomatoes on the side; also, the atmostphere is good --> an enclosed restaurant (not open-air) with good air-con, pleasant decor, and a great mixed drink and wine selection...

I'll definitely be returning to Perfection Cafe for occasional burger fixes (it's attached to Perfection Spa) and be steering clear of the McDonald's in Patong (too bad the only Burger King on Phuket is at the airport or I might be tempted). Still, I intend to check out other non-chain burgers whenever I get the chance...

Never experienced the green chile cheeseburger in NM! Wish I had.

Went to school in Santa Fe (though I'm from Boston). Of course the best burger in the world is the green chile cheeseburger outside of Santa Fe on the Old Las Vegas Hwy.

Please refrain from all discussions related to McDonalds breakfast.

No egg McMuffins are available here in wild and wonderful Thailand, and all this talk of McDonalds breakfast will soon start to get to me. So I ask again please refrain from discussions related to McDonalds breakfasts.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. :D

Egg McMuffin? Have you tried those new breakfast sandwiches called McGriddles? They are devine!!!!!! :D