BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Donz

Mcdonalds

Yeah the chips should be called oil sticks.

Yes they may buy great quality beef etc, but its how they process it.

This is what mcdonalds does to you

post-25249-1150369772_thumb.jpg

lol....You dont have to go to Micky D's. You can find a high calorie...high fat..high carb menu that you can consume to excess at any 5 star restaurant as well. I kind of lean toward the concept that moderation in consumption is kind of the key to maintaining normal weight.

Pit stop ( snack). These boys are eating much more than burgers and pies. Probably few liters of Coke too! :D

They could destroy a 50 oz steak and extras ( pasto, spuds, rooms, salad, bread, etc...) and Coke easily each. :o

lol....You dont have to go to Micky D's. You can find a high calorie...high fat..high carb menu that you can consume to excess at any 5 star restaurant as well. I kind of lean toward the concept that moderation in consumption is kind of the key to maintaining normal weight.

Yeah, but Micky D's tried a new healthy range in the UK and the Salads contained more fat than the burgers!

Yeah, but Micky D's tried a new healthy range in the UK and the Salads contained more fat than the burgers!

Same as in Oz, no-one even eats it too, I rather get a salad from a gourmet shop then there.

Its the dressing there that makes it contain alot of fat.

That is because almost ALL salad dressings ANYWHERE are mostly fat.

Nothing new about that.

It's easy, if you want low calorie than don't put much dressing on your salad. :o

No this is what irresponsible parenting does to kids.

That is because almost ALL salad dressings ANYWHERE are mostly fat.

Nothing new about that.

It's easy, if you want low calorie than don't put much dressing on your salad. :o

Or simply splash some vinegar with a little oil

I took a vacation in Paris last year and in the neighbourhood I stayed (near the Bastille station), the local McDonald's always had a long line of Parisians (yes French, not tourists) from counter to door, while the nearby cafes were practically empty.

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :o

I took a vacation in Paris last year and in the neighbourhood I stayed (near the Bastille station), the local McDonald's always had a long line of Parisians (yes French, not tourists) from counter to door, while the nearby cafes were practically empty.

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :o

you forgot to mention the monologue from Pulp Fiction regarding 'Royale wid Cheese' and being able to get a beer at McD in Paris...

looks to me like a buncha hung over parisiens goin' after a load of grease and salt wid a Kronenberg to boot at 0700 hrs...

And Ive been inn the Netherlands, UK, Germany., France.....and they all seem to have more McDonalds per capita than here in the US. Ok...they eat the shit and then talk trash.

good for them

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :D

I find that breakfast at Mc D's is such a good deal that eating at a place that is slightly better - but double the price - is just a waste of money. :o

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :D

I find that breakfast at Mc D's is such a good deal that eating at a place that is slightly better - but double the price - is just a waste of money. :o

Please refrain from all discussions related to McDonalds breakfast.

No egg McMuffins are available here in wild and wonderful Thailand, and all this talk of McDonalds breakfast will soon start to get to me. So I ask again please refrain from discussions related to McDonalds breakfasts.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. :D

Haven't been to a McDonald's in Thailand yet, but I used to practically LIVE on the junior green chili cheeseburgers (on the 99 cent menu) while living in Albuquerque, New Mexico (granted, it was the only burger place near my home that had a drive-thru window open 24 hours a day so I could get a burger-and-fries-with-milkshake fix at 3 or 4 in the morning...)

But I did like the last burger I ate at the Burger King in the domestic terminal of BKK back in January.

I've only had three burgers in-country since moving to Thailand permanently this past April:

1) at a bar on the south end of Patong --> rock hard kaiser roll and almost-as-hard pattie (D-)

2) room service at Baikyoke Sky Hotel in Bangkok --> rather hard sesame seed bun, small greyish pattie, too many tomatoes (I just pick 'em off anyway), burned bacon slices

3) yesterday, found a place called Perfection Cafe in Chalong (near the Phuket Zoo on Chaofa East Road): excellent burger: perfect size and softness bun, thick pattie with the proper color (probably a half-pound of beef) and was perfectly cooked -- juicy with just a slight greasiness, melted cheese slice (although this was mozerella instead of cheddar it was still good), excellent-quality slices of bacon, plus a large amount of lettuce and tomatoes on the side; also, the atmostphere is good --> an enclosed restaurant (not open-air) with good air-con, pleasant decor, and a great mixed drink and wine selection...

I'll definitely be returning to Perfection Cafe for occasional burger fixes (it's attached to Perfection Spa) and be steering clear of the McDonald's in Patong (too bad the only Burger King on Phuket is at the airport or I might be tempted). Still, I intend to check out other non-chain burgers whenever I get the chance...

Never experienced the green chile cheeseburger in NM! Wish I had.

Went to school in Santa Fe (though I'm from Boston). Of course the best burger in the world is the green chile cheeseburger outside of Santa Fe on the Old Las Vegas Hwy.

Please refrain from all discussions related to McDonalds breakfast.

No egg McMuffins are available here in wild and wonderful Thailand, and all this talk of McDonalds breakfast will soon start to get to me. So I ask again please refrain from discussions related to McDonalds breakfasts.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. :D

Egg McMuffin? Have you tried those new breakfast sandwiches called McGriddles? They are devine!!!!!! :D