BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Donz

Mcdonalds

And Ive been inn the Netherlands, UK, Germany., France.....and they all seem to have more McDonalds per capita than here in the US. Ok...they eat the shit and then talk trash.

good for them

I doubt Europe have more McD per capita than US!

Regarding "eat[ing] the shit and then talk trash" you got to remember that one country is not one opinion. Some people just love it and some people just hate it.

Please refrain from all discussions related to McDonalds breakfast.

No egg McMuffins are available here in wild and wonderful Thailand, and all this talk of McDonalds breakfast will soon start to get to me. So I ask again please refrain from discussions related to McDonalds breakfasts.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. :o

Egg McMuffin? Have you tried those new breakfast sandwiches called McGriddles? They are devine!!!!!! :D

McGriddles are you serious? You must have one heck of a sweet tooth. If I recall correctly from my last visit to the US these are breakfast sandwiches with pancakesque like bread – right?

Tried one and it was WAY too sweet for me - could not finish it.

Another thing that I have noticed since moving to Asia is that US portion sizes are way over the top. We need to learn a little moderation. I mean you can now get like a gallon fountain drink at some of the gas stations. Is your drive really so far that you need a gallon of Coke?

I took a vacation in Paris last year and in the neighbourhood I stayed (near the Bastille station), the local McDonald's always had a long line of Parisians (yes French, not tourists) from counter to door, while the nearby cafes were practically empty.

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :D

I find that breakfast at Mc D's is such a good deal that eating at a place that is slightly better - but double the price - is just a waste of money. :o

No egg McMuffins are available here in wild and wonderful Thailand, and all this talk of McDonalds breakfast will soon start to get to me. So I ask again please refrain from discussions related to McDonalds breakfasts.

Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. :D

Sojos in Chiang Mai have pirated copies of Egg Mcmuffins, Sausage Mc Muffins and some other breakfast sandwiches with a choice of English Muffins OR sour dough bisquits.

By the way, Art Cafe in Chiang Mai has REAL Eggs Benedict and it is DELISH!

I took a vacation in Paris last year and in the neighbourhood I stayed (near the Bastille station), the local McDonald's always had a long line of Parisians (yes French, not tourists) from counter to door, while the nearby cafes were practically empty.

The only explanation I could think of was that the breakfast you got at McDonald's was bigger and cheaper than at the cafes. Bigger & cheaper--but not necessarily better. :D

I find that breakfast at Mc D's is such a good deal that eating at a place that is slightly better - but double the price - is just a waste of money. :o

Sojos in Chiang Mai have pirated copies of Egg Mcmuffins, Sausage Mc Muffins and some other breakfast sandwiches with a choice of English Muffins OR sour dough bisquits.

By the way, Art Cafe in Chiang Mai has REAL Eggs Benedict and it is DELISH!

what's eggs benedict?...sum kinda poached eggs on toast wid sauce?

I hate egg whites...ewwweeew...a big yellow dollop in the center with dead chicken embryos, ewwweeeeww...

dey gots to be scrambled...with either choritzo or nopalitos mixed in...loads of salsa and a stack of fresh corn tortillas on the side...

yassuh...

Egg McMuffin? Have you tried those new breakfast sandwiches called McGriddles? They are devine!!!!!! :D

McGriddles are you serious? You must have one heck of a sweet tooth. If I recall correctly from my last visit to the US these are breakfast sandwiches with pancakesque like bread – right?

Another thing that I have noticed since moving to Asia is that US portion sizes are way over the top. We need to learn a little moderation. I mean you can now get like a gallon fountain drink at some of the gas stations. Is your drive really so far that you need a gallon of Coke?

LOL! :o YA, I would agree with that. Lots of portion sizes here in the US are crazy. Most of the time I think the portions could be made smaller, such as they are in LOS. Certain times though, I think Thailand skimps too much on some things. What they consider a large drink in Thailand is merely a small in the US. No need to be so cheap on this. Thailand should make cups bigger. I only drink diet soda anyway so having a really big soda matter nothing to me.

LOL! :o YA, I would agree with that. Lots of portion sizes here in the US are crazy. Most of the time I think the portions could be made smaller, such as they are in LOS. Certain times though, I think Thailand skimps too much on some things. What they consider a large drink in Thailand is merely a small in the US. No need to be so cheap on this. Thailand should make cups bigger. I only drink diet soda anyway so having a really big soda matter nothing to me.

REALLY??

There sizes are much bigger then Oz, there large is like twice the size of our large. And if they are considered a small in the US then no wonder there all fat pricks.

Our large is like Thai's medium (if were lucky)

REALLY??

There sizes are much bigger then Oz, there large is like twice the size of our large. And if they are considered a small in the US then no wonder there all fat pricks.

"then no wonder there all fat pricks"

First of all, learn how to spell and use words correctly. Secondly, that statement shows what an idiot you are man. I'm American and I am far from being fat. There are plenty of overweight people in the US, as there probably is in OZ, but it's certainly not "all of them."

REALLY??

First of all, learn how to spell and use words correctly. Secondly, that statement shows what an idiot you are man. I'm American and I am far from being fat. There are plenty of overweight people in the US, as there probably is in OZ, but it's certainly not "all of them."

Relax bud, we are the second fattest after you guys. Dont take it to heart, im turning into a fatty too so relax.

where did I spell wrong?

REALLY??

Relax bud, we are the second fattest after you guys. Dont take it to heart, im turning into a fatty too so relax.

where did I spell wrong?

So many people make these same mistakes as you do. Lets have a little English lesson here, ok.

When writing in English, but not speaking it, a person can use three different types of this paticular word. The words are:

There

Their

They're

You used "there" like this........"then no wonder there all fat pricks"

In this particular instance, you should have used the spelling "they're" and not "there." What you meant to say was, "then no wonder they are all fat pricks." You see? "They're" is the short way of writing "they are."

When using "there", that is meant to show placement of something.

We went over there.

My jacket, it's over there in the closet.

Then the last one, "their", is meant to show belonging or possesion of something, so to speak.

Those kids, it's their money and they can do what they want with it.

Ya, those monks live a hard life, but it's their life to live.

Rant Over!

I can't believe that anyone still eats at MacDonald's let alone has anything good to say about them.

U.S. and Oz are nations that have serious obesity problems, especially worryingly amongst kids. MacDonald’s sell fat salt and sugar packaged in a way to make it "more-ish". It doesn't taste good and it's not food; it's a commercial product that pretends to be food.

It’s bad enough to see it spread through Europe… (I noted the French resisted it), but now it has come to developing nations. This sort of cultural intrusion I would regard as nothing short of catastrophic….already little round Thai rich kids are clamouring at their parents for more. In countries like China where famine is not a thing of the past, it is not in a parent’s repertoire to refuse kids food…..MacDonald’s and the other fast food companies know this and deliberately aim their products at children. On top of all this the food is not good value for money but people are shamed into paying for it, through pier group pressure.

Shortly after the opening of MacDonald’s on Samui, I was handed a leaflet from them extolling the great nutritional value of their products….this is a cynical distortion of the truth. I could hardly believe my eyes.

Up until recently when you caught the bus from Samui airport to Chaweng there was a huge billboard proclaiming something like “Welcome to Samui and Burger King…Home of the whopper”….people travel half-way round the world in search of a piece of paradise and what do they get? The very same that they were trying to get away from at home. What ever happened to home of the Coconut, coral reef, and Kai Kim?

If you want an idea of what MacDonald’s and its ilk does…look at the average Thai and then look at your own overweight purulent bodies burst veins, clotted arteries and all.

U.S. is now the first modern nation (maybe nation ever) who’s next generation has a lower life expectancy than the current one…..thank you fast food outlets everywhere - the terrorist inside you!

There are plenty of overweight people in the US, as there probably is in OZ, but it's certainly not "all of them."

Sorry but shouldn't that read..."as there probably ARE in Oz"

I can't believe that anyone still eats at MacDonald's let alone has anything good to say about them.

I find it difficult to believe that some people still think that they are clever when they come up with this same old malarkey about McDonalds. What a bore.

There is crappy fast food all over the world that is high in fat and sugar, but because it isn't "McDonalds" it seems to be just fine with the PC crowd. Ever heard of fried Fish and Chips, fried Japanese Gyoza, fried Fallafel balls, Kow Mun Guy (the mun is animal fat), and on and on and on? Where's your lecture about them? McDonalds doesn't have the patent on unhealthy foods.

A lot of people enjoy fast foods once in a while with no negative effects, and that is what they are meant for - once in a while. If you don't like them, don't eat them. If you do, try not to get carried away. If you are a pig it is your fault, not Ronald McDonald and not Col. Sanders.

I only eat at McDonalds something like once every 3 months, but it tastes good and I enjoy it when I do! :o

Ulysses, what you forget is that Mac D tell the world that their food is healthy. None of the other junk food companies have that cheek.

Ulysses, what you forget is that Mac D tell the world that their food is healthy. None of the other junk food companies have that cheek.

How about all the supposed "Health Food" companies that load their foods with trans-fats and sugar and market it as being good for you and people fall for it? They could teach Micky D's a trick or two! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I find it difficult to believe that some people still think that they are clever when they come up with this same old malarkey about McDonalds. What a bore.

There is crappy fast food all over the world that is high in fat and sugar, but because it isn't "McDonalds" it seems to be just fine with the PC crowd. Ever heard of fried Fish and Chips, fried Japanese Gyoza, fried Fallafel balls, Kow Mun Guy (the mun is animal fat), and on and on and on? Where's your lecture about them? McDonalds doesn't have the patent on unhealthy foods.

A lot of people enjoy fast foods once in a while with no negative effects, and that is what they are meant for - once in a while. If you don't like them, don't eat them. If you do, try not to get carried away. If you are a pig it is your fault, not Ronald McDonald and not Col. Sanders.

I only eat at McDonalds something like once every 3 months, but it tastes good and I enjoy it when I do! :o

Your apparent ignorance is quite mind-boggling….

I’m talking about the mass production and marketing world-wide of sub-nutritional products…it is not simply the process frying that renders MacDonald’s and other fast food chains so undesirable it is their ingredients and insidious marketing approach, I’m not talking about a particular dish, I’m talking about the manufacture of a product that damages both the customer and the environment and therefore everybody else.

When was the last time you saw a chain of fast food fish and chip shops on Samui or even Japanese Goya? In fact have you ever seen a fish and chip shop? If you had I can’t see how you could make a comparison. As for falafel, they are made from chickpeas and don’t require the destruction of acres of rain forest for cheap beef production.

If you think you are not getting a negative effect by eating only “once in a while” then you are kidding yourself and if you know so little about what you are eating that behaviour will probably be compounded with everything else you eat.

As for being a pig….these companies use flavour enhancers and enhancing aromas to increase the amount of food you buy when you’re there so they actively encourage you to be a pig, something else you seem to be unaware of. This is the kind of lack of personal discretion that leaves people open to exploitation by these multi-national companies.