Always thought Thailand was the worst place to quit...

It's not that easy, takes months not weeks. In today's world the amount of nicotine & then the chemicals put in the paper, the filter, mixed with the tobacco is there for the simple reason of addiction. You won't be just quitting the act of smoking even after the nicotine clears from your body, you have to adjust to how all the chemicals have altered your brain chemistry. Cigarettes today are very similar to an heroin addiction. You can quit, but it will take awhile with much willpower & you will always be tempted for the rest of your life...to the least, somewhere in the back of your mind.

Stopped cold turkey three years ago, have never been tempted once, I just think back to when I did smoke every day I wished I didn't.h

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Keep trying, nicotine is a hard addiction to break, but you can do it and it's worth it. If you can do it by willpower that's great but my attitude is do whatever works. I used nicotine gum (nicorette) which you can get in any Thai pharmacy, I still use occasionally but it's better than smoking. Also - when you want a smoke - go for a walk or run! Increasing exercise is the best way to deal with cravings.

• 4 months later...

Hello, looking for ecigaette? My friend has a shop - ZiggaShop - this is the link. He can ship anywhere in Thailand in a few days. The site is in Thai but google translate works well. He has Dekang and Liqua flavors and Biansi atomizers.

There is a lot of debate now but if you want to stop smoking, I would recommend the ecigarette method. You can order different levels of nicotine and gradually reduce your level to 0. Yes, there are e liquids with 0 nicotine and others with 12% or more - you choose. Should you use ecigaettes the rest of you life - probably not, should you try to stop smoking by trying ecigarettes for 3 months or so - it your decision. I'm glad I stopped smoking and if this method helps you, I would be pleased.

There are drugs and gum to help too but part of the smoking habit is the whole routine of inhaling - you don't give this up with ecigarettes so less of a habit change. You do give up the thousands of cancer causing agents in cigarette smoke which is a plus. If I were going to try to quit again, I would consult my doctor who may have some good suggestions too.

Good Luck in quitting.

Is the only thing you do on this form promoting the store of your friend?

10 post and they are all the same.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 year later...

The only way to quit is going cold turkey in my opinion. Smoked from 15-22 (7 years) and from 25-30 (5) years, so a total of 12 years combined. Patches, Hypnosis etc.. all a big waste of money. Tried them all but they are just excuses to feel sorry for yourself. 'Oh I tried this and that but nothing helps' - nothing will help besides your own will power!

It takes a lot of will power and it's never the right time to quit smoking as you will have 200 excuses why not too.

I quit in one of the worst periods of my life and I am glad I did. If I can do it, everyone can do it. I got much bigger issues with painkillers or other meds the doc prescribed me in the past but thats a whole different beast. Nicotine is the worst drug there is - it doesn't even get you high, just 5 mins of 'me time' in the best case scenario.

Archived