Pilot 111

nantucket28

Hello everyone. I would like to do some lure fishing when I come to Bangkok in May. I've heard that Pilot 111 is a good place. I prefer to not use a guide. Is there any good reason to hire a guide or should I go by myself and just take a cab there? How much should cab fare be from central BKK? Also, are there any other lure fishing venues around BKK.

Thank you for your help!

No guide needed at Pilot 111. Just do what the guys catching fish are doing. Storm style swimming minnows and dark streamer flies are my go-to.

About 45 minutes from Asoke Intersection in downtown when I drive myself- I'd figure 500 for a taxi and another 100 for the tolls.

I'm a big fan of Pilot 111. 500 baht per person to fish, and if you want to cough up another 2000 baht, go for their private pond across the street. You can catch all the barramundi you want between 09:00 and 13:00 when it's open. My only issue is that I'm ruined for fishing anywhere else now. And I hate to say it, but it gets monotonous so I only fish topwater and flies there.

Lots of lure fishing "near" BKK, but Pilot 111 is the most convenient that I've found. Still, other folks like Amazon and IT Monsters- but they're a different style of fishing- with more exotics.

http://bangkokhooker-fishing.com/

http://www.john-tom....InThailand.html

Of course, there are dozens, if not hundreds of sites offering guided trips.

Pilot is a great venue, with a lot of variety for lure fishing.

Barramundi, Giant Snakeheads, Asian red tail catfish, Pacu, etc. Check the links on the post above (especially bangkok hooker), and they have all the details you need.

They have also upgraded their selection of lures and flies etc. over the last couple of months, and there is a decent selection now.

Also its very foreigner friendly with regards to quality of facilites, good toilets, etc. Some of the other 'local' places are a lot cheaper, but you generally get what you pay for.

Enjoy!