BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
AaronIsaan

Red stamp in Vientiane. Advice needed.

I have got a red stamp in my 3th double TR visa in a row in Vientiane. I have some doubts.

They talk about “next time”. If I present the documents required, will I be granted with a 4th double Visa or I have to consider going elsewhere? (Vientiane is the best option for me, due to distance and cost of trip)

What is a “Proof of residence” and how I get it? I live with my thai Gf, in a house property of her Dad.

What means the annotation in the upper left corner? I can’t ask my Gf as she is out on holiday right now.

And finally, I suppose I made a stupid mistake. In the previous apply they asked me for proof of financial income, which I presented. As this time I was no asked for it, I didn’t present it. Should have presented it?

Thanks in advance and sorry about my English…

post-166664-0-85488800-1396153599_thumb.

It is not a red stamp. They have written that next time you need proof of residence and financial proof. The financial proof would be to prove you are not working here illegally so it should be from outside the country.

I think the annotation in Thai says it is your 3rd visa.

You have been warned.

Tourist visas are not intended to facilitate long term stays in Thailand

Proof of residency and income derived from outside Thailand are self explanatory.

Seems your not welcome in Vientian and if further tourist visas are to be sought it would seem wise to apply elsewhere.

• Like 1

It is not a red stamp. They have written that next time you need proof of residence and financial proof. The financial proof would be to prove you are not working here illegally so it should be from outside the country.

If you look carefully, there is a red stamp at the RHS (top of passport page)

As already posted, serial tourist visas should not be used as a first choice to secure long term stay in Thailand.

OP, they want to see proof of finances because they suspect you are working here illegally.

• Like 2

On the right side is a red stamp which reads:

Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand xxx [unreadable]

a tourist visa several times which xxxx xxxx xxxx [unreadable]

of a visa in the future

I guess the OP is concerned about this stamp.

Regards

Thedi

Actually,

Just leave the country and fly back in....to break up your back to back double entry visas.

You might want to just try Penang, or Phnom Penh.

I did a round trip to the Philippines this month, and had a pretty decent vacation. I guess I should have went to Manila and applied for a visa back here, but I flew in visa exempt.

By the way, nobody asked for an onward/return ticket....and no visa!~

Good luck. Anyways....I bought a ticket to Yangon, Myanmar for 1000 baht.

Does the Thai Consulate there issue out single or double entry visas?

Need that info.

If not, might just go to Vientiane and apply for the double entry. No back to back, had 3 border crossings and one flight out and in. Applied for a double entry a year ago.

I think I am safe.

In the right side of my bad photo, sorry about that, is the red stamp, in the upper side of the passport page. What is most important for me is to know what is a "proof of residence" and how or where i can obtain it. Thanks for the reply!

" Proof of Residence" is evidence of where you live.

It can be in the form of a lease or rental agreement.

Immigration can provide evidence of address but only to people who make 90 day reports.

Finally your countries Embassy may confirm your address ( for a fee) if you can prove where you live!

'Tourist Visa'

'Proof of Residence in Thailand required'.

Something strange here. :D

Some desperados get a new passport.

Some people marry the GF.

Some take up education.

Some put 20k aside and overstay.

Some overstay with nothing put aside.

• Like 2

My interpretation is as follows:

The Consulate is in doubt if the OP is really travelling Thailand as a tourist. As a tourist he should have a home outside of Thailand und an income from somewhere - not from Thailand. Hence they request him to show proof of his address and his income and make this a condition for later tourist visa approvals.

Regards

Thedi

I understand your point of view, because it is logical. Of course i have a home outside Thailand, but they specify proof of residence in THAILAND, and here is when i feel lost, can't understand it, nosense for me proof of residence on Tourist Visa. If i should stayed in hotels could show bills for my stay? What they expect me to present? Could have any problem if i comment this in Khon Kaen inmigration where i will go for the Visa extension? Too much doubts in this moment...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My interpretation is as follows:

The Consulate is in doubt if the OP is really travelling Thailand as a tourist. As a tourist he should have a home outside of Thailand und an income from somewhere - not from Thailand. Hence they request him to show proof of his address and his income and make this a condition for later tourist visa approvals.

Regards

Thedi

I understand your point of view, because it is logical. Of course i have a home outside Thailand, but they specify proof of residence in THAILAND, and here is when i feel lost, can't understand it, nosense for me proof of residence on Tourist Visa. If i should stayed in hotels could show bills for my stay? What they expect me to present? Could have any problem if i comment this in Khon Kaen inmigration where i will go for the Visa extension? Too much doubts in this moment...

Look again at post number 8

i think the thing here is the finance problem...

he has no work permit..so where does the money come from to stay in thailand...

they expect him to be working illegally....

think its a fly out job,,then get a visa on arrival..or the right visa to stay long time

Op stop and think about it you appear to be living long term in Thailand on a tourist visa. You need to change your operation and get a long term visa of some sort like marry your girlfriend and get a marriage visa.

• Like 1

Too much we don't know here!!

Not clear what visa you need

"My g/f is out on holiday??"

Sounds like you need a g/f and family who will help you

If you have work/property outide LOS, just leave, get whatever visa you need, financial and house papers

and come back

"Residence" is a nightmare. If it is your g/fs father's house he should provide confirmation. Just go to immigration with him (and her!!), with his/her ids and Tabian Baan