Red stamp in Vientiane. Advice needed.

I have got a red stamp in my 3th double TR visa in a row in Vientiane. I have some doubts.

They talk about “next time”. If I present the documents required, will I be granted with a 4th double Visa or I have to consider going elsewhere? (Vientiane is the best option for me, due to distance and cost of trip)

What is a “Proof of residence” and how I get it? I live with my thai Gf, in a house property of her Dad.

What means the annotation in the upper left corner? I can’t ask my Gf as she is out on holiday right now.

And finally, I suppose I made a stupid mistake. In the previous apply they asked me for proof of financial income, which I presented. As this time I was no asked for it, I didn’t present it. Should have presented it?

Thanks in advance and sorry about my English…

post-166664-0-85488800-1396153599_thumb.

It is not a red stamp. They have written that next time you need proof of residence and financial proof. The financial proof would be to prove you are not working here illegally so it should be from outside the country.

I think the annotation in Thai says it is your 3rd visa.

You have been warned.

Tourist visas are not intended to facilitate long term stays in Thailand

Proof of residency and income derived from outside Thailand are self explanatory.

Seems your not welcome in Vientian and if further tourist visas are to be sought it would seem wise to apply elsewhere.

• Like 1

It is not a red stamp. They have written that next time you need proof of residence and financial proof. The financial proof would be to prove you are not working here illegally so it should be from outside the country.

If you look carefully, there is a red stamp at the RHS (top of passport page)

As already posted, serial tourist visas should not be used as a first choice to secure long term stay in Thailand.

OP, they want to see proof of finances because they suspect you are working here illegally.

• Like 2

On the right side is a red stamp which reads:

Remark: The holder of this passport travels to Thailand xxx [unreadable]

a tourist visa several times which xxxx xxxx xxxx [unreadable]

of a visa in the future

I guess the OP is concerned about this stamp.

Regards

Thedi

Actually,

Just leave the country and fly back in....to break up your back to back double entry visas.

You might want to just try Penang, or Phnom Penh.

I did a round trip to the Philippines this month, and had a pretty decent vacation. I guess I should have went to Manila and applied for a visa back here, but I flew in visa exempt.

By the way, nobody asked for an onward/return ticket....and no visa!~

Good luck. Anyways....I bought a ticket to Yangon, Myanmar for 1000 baht.

Does the Thai Consulate there issue out single or double entry visas?

Need that info.

If not, might just go to Vientiane and apply for the double entry. No back to back, had 3 border crossings and one flight out and in. Applied for a double entry a year ago.

I think I am safe.

In the right side of my bad photo, sorry about that, is the red stamp, in the upper side of the passport page. What is most important for me is to know what is a "proof of residence" and how or where i can obtain it. Thanks for the reply!

" Proof of Residence" is evidence of where you live.

It can be in the form of a lease or rental agreement.

Immigration can provide evidence of address but only to people who make 90 day reports.

Finally your countries Embassy may confirm your address ( for a fee) if you can prove where you live!

'Tourist Visa'

'Proof of Residence in Thailand required'.

Something strange here. :D

Some desperados get a new passport.

Some people marry the GF.

Some take up education.

Some put 20k aside and overstay.

Some overstay with nothing put aside.

• Like 2

My interpretation is as follows:

The Consulate is in doubt if the OP is really travelling Thailand as a tourist. As a tourist he should have a home outside of Thailand und an income from somewhere - not from Thailand. Hence they request him to show proof of his address and his income and make this a condition for later tourist visa approvals.

Regards

Thedi

I understand your point of view, because it is logical. Of course i have a home outside Thailand, but they specify proof of residence in THAILAND, and here is when i feel lost, can't understand it, nosense for me proof of residence on Tourist Visa. If i should stayed in hotels could show bills for my stay? What they expect me to present? Could have any problem if i comment this in Khon Kaen inmigration where i will go for the Visa extension? Too much doubts in this moment...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My interpretation is as follows:

The Consulate is in doubt if the OP is really travelling Thailand as a tourist. As a tourist he should have a home outside of Thailand und an income from somewhere - not from Thailand. Hence they request him to show proof of his address and his income and make this a condition for later tourist visa approvals.

Regards

Thedi

I understand your point of view, because it is logical. Of course i have a home outside Thailand, but they specify proof of residence in THAILAND, and here is when i feel lost, can't understand it, nosense for me proof of residence on Tourist Visa. If i should stayed in hotels could show bills for my stay? What they expect me to present? Could have any problem if i comment this in Khon Kaen inmigration where i will go for the Visa extension? Too much doubts in this moment...

Look again at post number 8

i think the thing here is the finance problem...

he has no work permit..so where does the money come from to stay in thailand...

they expect him to be working illegally....

think its a fly out job,,then get a visa on arrival..or the right visa to stay long time

Op stop and think about it you appear to be living long term in Thailand on a tourist visa. You need to change your operation and get a long term visa of some sort like marry your girlfriend and get a marriage visa.

• Like 1

Too much we don't know here!!

Not clear what visa you need

"My g/f is out on holiday??"

Sounds like you need a g/f and family who will help you

If you have work/property outide LOS, just leave, get whatever visa you need, financial and house papers

and come back

"Residence" is a nightmare. If it is your g/fs father's house he should provide confirmation. Just go to immigration with him (and her!!), with his/her ids and Tabian Baan

Thank’s for the replies to everybody. One more little of information…

In fact I’m staying in Thailand for a long time with no appropriate Visa, because of my actual finance problem. Now no have money income from abroad enough for apply for a long term Visa. I expect that in a nearly future will have! But I have money income enough for living in Isaan with my girlfriend in her father’s house. Absolutely no working here, of course. I have a business abroad that actually is no working as I expected. I hope this will change soon! My intention is to stay in Thailand forever, marry in a couple of months and have a baby. While my money problem not be solved, I have no more choice than Tourist Visas.

Sorry one more time about my English, and I am thankful of yours replies.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In fact I’m staying in Thailand for a long time with no appropriate Visa, because of my actual finance problem. Now no have money income from abroad enough for apply for a long term Visa. I expect that in a nearly future will have! But I have money income enough for living in Isaan with my girlfriend in her father’s house. Absolutely no working here, of course. I have a business abroad that actually is no working as I expected. I hope this will change soon! My intention is to stay in Thailand forever, marry in a couple of months and have a baby. While my money problem not be solved, I have no more choice than Tourist Visas.

If you are a young person the only long term visa that could be obtained would be an ED visa unless you have the skills which will allow you to work legally.

Marriage will not solve the problem !

To obtain an extension of stay on the basis of marriage will require 400,000bht in the bank or a monthly income of 40,000 bht .

A multi entry non "o" visa based on marriage can be obtained in Laos ( Savannakhet )but that costs money as will transportation, although the monthly income /money in the bank is not , at the moment, required.

Can you not return home and attend to your business until the financial position improves ?

Edited by thepool

They used to sometimes ask to show 20k baht in an account. A Thai bank account is fine. It's not to show that you have income, it's to show that you have the money to cover you for the duration of the visa.

show enough money for the duration of the visa in a Thai bank account, and get a Cert. of Residence from local immigration office, or if not perhaps a document from the local district office (ampur) saying that you are residing at whatever address. Just take your GF and a parent and their blue book.

It is to do with them trying to crack down on illegal workers (teachers), so they want to see that you can support yourself and don't need to work for the duration of the visa. It used to be 20k, if you can show 40k, all the better. Thai bank book in your name.

• Like 1

If you are a young person the only long term visa that could be obtained would be an ED visa unless you have the skills which will allow you to work legally.

To obtain an extension of stay on the basis of marriage will require 400,000bht in the bank or a monthly income of 40,000 bht .

A multi entry non "o" visa based on marriage can be obtained in Laos ( Savannakhet )but that costs money as will transportation, although the monthly income /money in the bank is not , at the moment, required.

Can you not return home and attend to your business until the financial position improves ?

I consider myself a young person, lamentably my ID documents disagree… I will be 48 in august…

My intention of marriage is not to solve my problems with Visas, only pretend to satisfy my gf’s family with the Buddhist ceremony, and I know that this will sound strange, but she agrees with me. Why? I asked her, and the answer surprised me like never before in almost three years in Thailand… “Because the translation of the documents required is very expensive” This answer surprised me too much, after reading about Thai ladies catching Farangs money or properties via marriage.

The downside of returning home is that my business is not in my home country (that would be perfect!), it’s in a third, with the inconvenient of living in a country more expensive than Thailand where I should find the same troubles with Visas.

Thank you for yours replies!

For the sake of completeness. The text of a red stamp:

The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under A tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future.

They used to sometimes ask to show 20k baht in an account. A Thai bank account is fine. It's not to show that you have income, it's to show that you have the money to cover you for the duration of the visa.

show enough money for the duration of the visa in a Thai bank account, and get a Cert. of Residence from local immigration office, or if not perhaps a document from the local district office (ampur) saying that you are residing at whatever address. Just take your GF and a parent and their blue book.

It is to do with them trying to crack down on illegal workers (teachers), so they want to see that you can support yourself and don't need to work for the duration of the visa. It used to be 20k, if you can show 40k, all the better. Thai bank book in your name.

Thank you very much, i will consider this option as seems to be the correct, i hope!

I consider myself a young person, lamentably my ID documents disagree… I will be 48 in august…

My intention of marriage is not to solve my problems with Visas, only pretend to satisfy my gf’s family with the Buddhist ceremony, and I know that this will sound strange, but she agrees with me. Why? I asked her, and the answer surprised me like never before in almost three years in Thailand… “Because the translation of the documents required is very expensive” This answer surprised me too much, after reading about Thai ladies catching Farangs money or properties via marriage.

The downside of returning home is that my business is not in my home country (that would be perfect!), it’s in a third, with the inconvenient of living in a country more expensive than Thailand where I should find the same troubles with Visas.

I hope you realise that if you marry with a Buddhist ceremony, your marriage is not legal in the eyes of the world and Thailand, you will not receive a legitimate marriage cert to be able to get a visa or extension.

I hope you realise that if you marry with a Buddhist ceremony, your marriage is not legal in the eyes of the world and Thailand, you will not receive a legitimate marriage cert to be able to get a visa or extension.

Yes, i know, my intention of marriage is absolutely separated of my possible future Visas to stay in Thailand.

“Because the translation of the documents required is very expensive”

Well i go married a few weeks back, and i don´t think the Translation cost that much, i only need 1 paper translate, price in Bangkok for that 300 baht.

But yea, total price for it can run up a little bit. Here is what i pay total.

First paper from my home country to say i was ready to married around 2.990 baht

First time at my Embassy 5.300 baht for the paper in Thai and English.

The go and legalized that paper i pay 800 baht (400 baht pr paper for done in a few hours, 200 baht if want to wait 2-3 day)

The go to our Amphoe, get married and pay 100 baht.

And then we legal married in Thailand.

Total price 9.192 baht.

After that my home country want the Thai married paper (Kor Ror 3) Translate to English and legalized so that 300 baht for the translation and 800 baht for the legalized (i want it same day again), because Embassy need both Thai and English married paper.

Then 1000 baht at Embassy for them to stamp it, then send the paper back home, and then my home country will register our married.

So that a additional 300+800+1000 baht = 2.100 baht

So for us total price is 11.292 baht.

• Like 2

“Because the translation of the documents required is very expensive”

Well i go married a few weeks back, and i don´t think the Translation cost that much, i only need 1 paper translate, price in Bangkok for that 300 baht.

But yea, total price for it can run up a little bit. Here is what i pay total.

First paper from my home country to say i was ready to married around 2.990 baht

First time at my Embassy 5.300 baht for the paper in Thai and English.

The go and legalized that paper i pay 800 baht (400 baht pr paper for done in a few hours, 200 baht if want to wait 2-3 day)

The go to our Amphoe, get married and pay 100 baht.

And then we legal married in Thailand.

Total price 9.192 baht.

After that my home country want the Thai married paper (Kor Ror 3) Translate to English and legalized so that 300 baht for the translation and 800 baht for the legalized (i want it same day again), because Embassy need both Thai and English married paper.

Then 1000 baht at Embassy for them to stamp it, then send the paper back home, and then my home country will register our married.

So that a additional 300+800+1000 baht = 2.100 baht

So for us total price is 11.292 baht.

Interesting that you chose to register the marriage in your own country.

A legal Thai marriage s recognised in all Western countries.

'Tourist Visa'

'Proof of Residence in Thailand required'.

Something strange here. biggrin.png

Some desperados get a new passport.

Some people marry the GF.

Some take up education.

Some put 20k aside and overstay.

Some overstay with nothing put aside.

I have been told some even get a visa type which allows them to stay longer, like Non-Immigrant of the various types....

Typo fixed.

Edited by hkt83100

Except he can't open a bank account on a Tourist visa. I've tried at several banks and they won't allow it. Then got an education visa and they still won't allow it. Say I need a work permit to open an account. Of course, maybe it's different if he's in a small town. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Regardless, fact is, he's not a tourist (neither am I) and visa options are limited. DON'T get married for a visa...just go sign up with a school for 20,000 baht for a year and not only do you get a visa, you get to learn some Thai while you're at it. It's much cheaper than a wife.

i did not read all replies, sorry, but PROOF OF RESIDENCY costs 500thb and can be obtained at immigration police.

the first time i needed it i went to immigration with a thai friend who declared i lived at his place. i renew the document every year to get a re-newed motorcycle dl (they don't give me a 5 year dl since i'm here on TR visas now) and simply called my friend from immigration police and he spoke with the officer.

it's no big deal...

i opened a bank account years ago. i had NON-IMM-O then but my gf had tourist visas and opened one too. the non-imm-o i received after showing my savings account (home bank). i was 36 years old at that time. some people here keep on saying that this is impossible, well trust me, i got 1 year multiple entry non-o without being married or having thai gf.

Edited by stickylies