Mercedes-driving Hot Shot crushes less rich, slower man in his way, witnesses say

webfact

The sad part is, he'll probably get away with nothing more than a "warning" not to do it again. In a truly "civilized" country - which we all know Thailand isn't - his "rich, well connected" butt would be sitting in a jail cell with an appointment with the judge pending.

But TiT

Brake failure....accelerator stuck...sue Mercedes.

• Like 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZX10 kawasaki 1000cc can do 270kph ,, hardly slow and unlikely to be ridden slowly even in traffic so car driver clearly at fault as motorcyclist was probably manouvering to parking area as he claimed .. the bike is worth 600k alone so a big pay out for the Merc idiot

In most circumstances it takes some level of intelligence to succeed financially,, except in Thailand of course.

This guy is clearly a complete idiot and as he deliberately did this I assume he can be arrested for attempted murder right? If I were the injured party in this instance I would be making it as difficult as possible.

As a journalist I would be ashamed to come up with this headline:

Hot Shot crushes less rich

Even to mention this hi-so low-so divide is ridiculous.

That is just one of the moral standard failures they call thainess, symptomatic for this society.

hmm, I am sure everyone is suitably impressed by this hotshot.... Big car , big ego, big wallet, and ....incredibly small penis!

Poohy, I am impressed. Do you know the penis size of everyone, or just self-imaged Thais?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have talked some time ago with a Thai guy who said " I drive mercedes so I am good driver " I replied the car doesnt make the driver .. What do you expect anyway , Thailand No 2 in the world for the most dangerous road with some lunatics like that .... and of course the normal comment " I am well connected" ..... what a disgrace ... that make me sick

Yes, i agree these arrogant bast*rds are everywhere, If it was my ZX10 that guy would be laying in the road with it. It's so typically Thai though, these people think they can do anything ................." i big police" , "I rich" etc etc, wish he was in the Uk, HE'D GET HIS COME-UPPANCE ! .

After hitting the bike, the Mercedes’ driver stepped out of the car and announced to everyone who witnessed his tantrum that he was a well-connected big shot.

The only thing that matters here. Probably has a couple of horrendously ostentatious 30,000 baht rings on his fingers too which will be sure to impress the police as they "wai" him and let him go.

No names, no pictures of the injured ?

Must try harder.

Indeed, obviously a fake. If it were real there'd be one police officer holding the passport open of the driver and another officer simulating getting hit in the rear by a Mercedes.

• Like 2

Yes, happened to me too. One of two friends hit me from behind, while I was riding my Steed 600. The driver who hit me was very drunk; his friend came to tell me that he worked for the government. Didn't impress me and told him to <deleted> off. But it sure did impress the police. They ignored the drunk who couldn't stand still and were angry at me that I didn't show respect to the friend who was obviously also a big shot. However I was the victim, the police took sides at the two friends. Justice in Thailand....? Forget it.

• Like 1

Jesus I assumed this was a Notthenation.com article when I first saw the title

Thanks for mentioning notthenation.com. For a strange reason I was not aware of their existence until now (how could I miss that???). Great stuff. :D

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The sad part is, he'll probably get away with nothing more than a "warning" not to do it again. In a truly "civilized" country - which we all know Thailand isn't - his "rich, well connected" butt would be sitting in a jail cell with an appointment with the judge pending.

But TiT

Not sure you are correct, there have been more than a few instances in the UK of well connected people getting off very lightly with all sorts of crimes... but yes it is far more common here and it is the outrageous bragging that makes it so sickening. I must admit that as a lifelong biker I would probably have lost my rag if some a'hole knocked me off and then said that. I am not a violent person but I don't think I would have been able to stop myself from hospitalising the scumbag.

• Like 1

That Merc is a donkey old thing, I would rather ride the bike than drive that piece of &lt;deleted&gt;

Agree.

That 10+ year "donkey old thing" is worth less than my new Chevrolet pickup.

Just for fun, I typed in "Mercedes Driving Hot Shot" into my Anagram maker. A few funny results:

Hero Converged Midst Shit

Hero Detects Driving Mosh

Hero Discovers Dent Might

Hero Directs Moved Things

Midget Covered Shits Horn

...I need to get back to work.

That's good if the honey stepped out of his car. Then I wouldn't need to waste my energy dragging him out. If someone hit me intentionally, I would beat the living s____ out of him by the grace of God.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile ap

I guess he must be happy that he didn't wipe you out.