Multiple Entry to US for Thai wife

The "secret," if there really is one, is to have visited the U.S. once or thrice and returned.

My now wife went with me twice on 6-month validity multiple entry visas, then the third time she/we applied for a tourist visa, they gave her a 10-year multiple. That one has expired and she's now on her second 10-year multiple.

There is some concern on the part of the interviewing ConOffs that Thai married to AmCits might just decide to stay in the U.S. on a tourist visa then apply for Adjustment of Status to PRA, or Green Card holder. It's a valid concern, a number of people I know have done this over the years. Not really kosher but not illegal either.

So, key might be that now that you're retiring, get a Retirement Extension in your passport, and be sure that your wife takes your original passport to the interview and shows it right up front to the interviewer.

Car? House/condo? These add to your established presence here.

Mac

The are normally done when the 2nd visitors visa is applied for. Some even get them for the first application.

The most important thing is to prove your ties to here. If you are on extensions of stay that is the best proof that you plan on returning.

Thanks for the info. This is her 2nd visa. Maybe they will issue her one. I wrote a letter and explained circumstances and asked for a multiple entry. Should be no issues. Have house, car, condos, and a bit of money. I have a Type O based on retirement

You should include copies of your passport pages showing your extension of stay (I don't think you have a valid visa from an embassy) with the application.

Also give your wife your passport to show them when she goes for the interview

My wife was issued a 10 year Visa (USA) 2 years ago. We went to America and returned 4 months later. If we were to go to America again does she need to go to the US Embassy for a new travel Visa or can we just use her passport with the 10 year stamp at the airport?