Wireless electricity to be launched in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a massive step up from this http://www.final-yearproject.com/2011/03/wireless-charging-of-mobile-phones.html#.UzoDfYV7SNU but if they're using 2.4GHz it's going to play hell with the city-wide free WiFi.

OR, why not combine it with the free WiFi, two birds with one stone.

Don't microwave ovens operate at 2.4GHz?

This would be one of the greatest inventions of mankind, on par with the wheel, condoms and the internet. I bet a lot of Thai bashers will crawl back in bed in shame!

I bet they won't!

Firstly, it's not a Thai invention, so bashing it is not Thai bashing. What they would bash is the person who wants to introduce WiPo

Secondly, it may very well be the worst idea ever to come out of this or any government.

Thirdly, well, they just won't.

• Like 1

"Wi-Fi Electric will also mean an end to the mass of untidy and dangerous power cables that create an unnecessary eyesore throughout the city."

Oh no it won't. The current technology requires devices to be adapted to use WiFiEl. I suspect that it can only be used for small devices that do not draw are large current. Some devices/equipment will never be suitable. Some people will not go to the expense of changing.

D

• Like 2

I read somewhere (can't find the link right now) that there's a seven-foot antenna and a converter available for electric cars, From memory, the cost is about 19,000 baht which includes installation.

• Like 1