Wireless electricity to be launched in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wireless power distribution was always my dream, any indication of the power levels being proposed? The equipment that was experimented with in the US would not be permitted under modern public health rules (something to do with frying the brain).

Certainly a consideration. We are already bombarded with Radio, Microwave Signals, EM, and only NSA knows what else....

I bet Tesla would be just smiling away.

With every fools day joke there has to be a flavour of plausibility.

It was quite a long time ago that a farmer in the UK midlands rigged up a receiving aerial which was one wavelength long and with it managed to draw a significant amount of power from the Eccleshall BBC long wave radio transmitter. Enough to power his house. Such activities are of course, quite illegal.

Just reading the Danish news today about an Eelpower-project, which can produce nearly unlimited amounts of biological energy – estimated as surplus to Danish windmill power. However the electrical eels need specific algae to produce enough power and that may just be found in the Chao Praya River, so the BKK Wi-Fi Electric can be powered by a renewable ecological source…

Full scientific documentation can be found here (in Danish): http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Viden/Miljoe/2014/03/31122532.htm

PM if you are interested in investing in my new project: Thai-Dane Eelpower Co. Ltd…?

(Attached illustration courtesy of Eelpower Corporation and Danish Radio, showing the principle of the induction module, producing 600V and enough power for 5.000 typical Nordic households.)

post-122720-0-43634500-1396344832_thumb.

Is this an application to charge ones phone,or for or residency? Gotcha

I'm afraid the technology is still quite new and therefore there is not yet ready application for the mobile devices.

Actually there are several phones and believe even tables that offer wireless charging. Pretty simple idea really. The charging station has a coil in it operating with a high frequency sine wave. The phone has a coil in it and when the phone is placed on the plate the signal inductively couples to the phone coil which converts the high frequency AC signal back to DC for charging. Exact same principle as how a transformer works but open air core rather than an iron core. I could design and build a working model in a day. Problem that it hasn't been very visible yet is the battle of the standards.

LG-Nexus-4-Wireless-Charging-Orb-01-540xti-bqtesla.jpg

Hmmm... what do we have here? High-vacuum vessel with Edwards pirani and penning gauges attached, quadrupole, analysing/ion trap magnet, particle source, hV psu. There's enough info there for me to replicate the design and make a fortune. It will make the perfect match for my perpetual motion ion generator.

Actually there are several phones and believe even tables that offer wireless charging. Pretty simple idea really. The charging station has a coil in it operating with a high frequency sine wave. The phone has a coil in it and when the phone is placed on the plate the signal inductively couples to the phone coil which converts the high frequency AC signal back to DC for charging. Exact same principle as how a transformer works but open air core rather than an iron core. I could design and build a working model in a day. Problem that it hasn't been very visible yet is the battle of the standards.

I guess the first side which introduces induction coils on the bottom of the coffee mugs will be the winner of the battle.

I guess the first side which introduces induction coils on the bottom of the coffee mugs will be the winner of the battle.

I like it. Thanks for the idea. I've already designed a 3 kilowatt induction heater for a research project so hooking it up would make a nice active coffee cosie. A new meaning to 'instant coffee'. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Can I say April fools yet? I mentioned it earlier in the day--must have been too early--and got promptly deleted. No worries, I understand you guys wanted to get some mileage.

Original topic, by the way. Well done TV.

Why on earth would you want to spoil the joke?

Why are there a bunch of cretins in this thread lining up to point out the obvious, as if they're the first ones to work it out?

What? You mean it's not real?

cry_blow_nose.gif

Why is it that a few who post here can speak in none other than abusive language?

As one who has experience working with electricity, I got no further than line 1 before realizing it was an April 1 joke, even knowing that a few small devices can be charged wirelessly, but it could never happen on a large/r scale.

edwardandtubs, you really do need to give some consideration to the manner in which you address others. Is that how you'd do it in person? If so, your 'friends' won't take long to desert, or you'll find yourself chomping on a dirt sandwich when offence us taken, as it would inevitably be.

TV people, WIRELESS electricity, no power lines???????? All stop and look at the date. It is another one like last year of changing Thai drivers to drive on the right hand side of the road. It is April fools day

Bit slow but never mind, you got thereclap2.gif

clap2.gif

The government, fully approved of this wonderful project and is planning to use the same idea for the next bigger project:

Using that awesome technology, they will now remotely siphon all commissions and disputable fees directly by WIFI through Mr T Bank account...

No traces... giggle.gif

This April fool topic should have been withdrawn at NOON, otherwise the fool is on the pranker.

The tradition has always been this way, trick someone after 12 noon and you become the April fool.................UK..... How I know ??? this over 70 years experience of fooling.