Dark Side Land Prices

noodle

Depends on size, location, on road, near road, with water, with city water, with electric pylons, no electric, big plot or little plot, person selling it desperate or rich and dont care to sell, are there falangs already there and have paid over the odds, new road running through the plot in the future, does it flood, do you have loud speakers at night/morning giving out news, karaoke near by. These are just some of the things that will determine what the price may be, and then again depends on who's selling and how gullible they think you are. 500k to 6million per Rai up to you.

• Like 1

Thanks, I must have worded the question badly. I guess I should just go and see whether the land office has land sales listed.

OP, I believe this may have some relevant information. Unfortunately, as you would expect, it is in Thai.

I don't read Thai so apologies in advance if it has no relevance.

http://property.treasury.go.th/pvmwebsite/

Thanks, I must have worded the question badly. I guess I should just go and see whether the land office has land sales listed.

The land office values and the actual selling price will be quite different, often vastly different, most people tell the land office a fictitious price in order to keep the tax down, a price close to the land office value but nowhere near the actual selling price.

The land office values and the actual selling price will be quite different, often vastly different, most people tell the land office a fictitious price in order to keep the tax down, a price close to the land office value but nowhere near the actual selling price.

Yes, I know of the practice although it has no bearing on the tax paid at the land office, it would affect income tax though. Land office tax (Pattaya anyway) is based on their valuation not the declared sale price.

Having access to land office valuations would seem to me a more realistic evaluation method than some of the silly wanted prices that fail to sell for years.

OP, I believe this may have some relevant information. Unfortunately, as you would expect, it is in Thai.

I don't read Thai so apologies in advance if it has no relevance.

http://property.treasury.go.th/pvmwebsite/

Thanks, I'll have to find someone to explain it to me.