Clothes

farang1979

Ok I know these are sold everywhere in BKK but I'm specifically after some smart shirts but also don't want to pay through the nose for each one. Apart from markets is there anywhere anyone can recommend for good value shirts? And as a newbie to Bkk if you could let me know how to get there too! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Whats paying through the nose farang1979?

Assuming 1500 to 2000 is not to expensive for a smart debonair guy like you then all the major shopping centers along the BTS line can accommodate you, mind you, you could add 40% extra if back home for the same item, on the other hand if your a bit of a cheap charlie but above the market knock ups there is a jap store in Centre World that has a fair range of budget apparel which should fit the bill, to get there you need to find your way from Siam Paragon just a 15 min walk heading towards On nut just follow the BTS line unfortunately there is no BTS station for this there most prestigious Shopping mall but you will save 22B to put towards those smart shirts you so desire.

• 4 years later...
On 4/7/2014 at 6:59 AM, AlexRRR said:

Whats paying through the nose farang1979?

Assuming 1500 to 2000 is not to expensive for a smart debonair guy like you then all the major shopping centers along the BTS line can accommodate you, mind you, you could add 40% extra if back home for the same item, on the other hand if your a bit of a cheap charlie but above the market knock ups there is a jap store in Centre World that has a fair range of budget apparel which should fit the bill, to get there you need to find your way from Siam Paragon just a 15 min walk heading towards On nut just follow the BTS line unfortunately there is no BTS station for this there most prestigious Shopping mall but you will save 22B to put towards those smart shirts you so desire.

There are two Japanese stores in Central world, Muji but they don't really do western Xl  and Uniqlo they have some XL.like you say look around the men's wear floor on any of the shopping centres,you can walk between central world and Siam paragon on the elevated walkways,the Emporium and Gayson are up market.you don't even have to go on the street the SkyTrain will get you to them.

A smart shirt?  One with internet access and its own facebook account?

6 hours ago, adammike said:

There are two Japanese stores in Central world, Muji but they don't really do western Xl  and Uniqlo they have some XL

There's also Isetan, which is Japanese and has a large men's wear department.

Edited by ballpoint

6 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

I've always brought clothes from US. Better quality, value, style, fabrics, fit. I can't think of one good reason to buy here outside of sheer convenience.

This is what makes the world go 'round.

Opposite to you, I leave most of my threads in Canada and buy new in Thailand. When I return to Canada, people ask, "where did you get that shirt?" (shorts, hat, whatever). It's fun to own the only one in the country. And I'm always happy to grease the palm of a Thai seller.

My wardrobe here in Thailand consists of:

Columbia Convertible Fishing Pants sourced in the USA

Columbia Long Sleeved Fishing Shirts sourced in the USA

The foregoing are better made, real, and cheaper in the US.

Everything else I buy here. That means about a dozen T-shirts.

8 hours ago, adammike said:

There are two Japanese stores in Central world, Muji but they don't really do western Xl  and Uniqlo they have some XL.like you say look around the men's wear floor on any of the shopping centres,you can walk between central world and Siam paragon on the elevated walkways,the Emporium and Gayson are up market.you don't even have to go on the street the SkyTrain will get you to them.

Trouble with this stuff is that its always old stock asking top retail price. Within weeks of it being on the rack it would be 25% off in US. End of season 40-75% off depending on store. Here it's 120% forever. It's already stupidly overpriced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

I've always brought clothes from US. Better quality, value, style, fabrics, fit. I can't think of one good reason to buy here outside of sheer convenience.

Well maybe, for the "Original Poster", being in Bangkok, and (taking a Scientific Wild Arsed Guess - SWAG - from looking at his avatar), being unlikely to travel to the US regularly are good reasons?

????