Soi 8 Bars Boarded Up

eyebee

Today all the bars outside the Prince Hotel were closed down and boarded up by the management of the Prince Hotel. Bars included are The Chicken Farm, Yates's, and The Buffalo, maybe about 10 in all. The reasons for this are not totally clear, but it is something to do with uncertainty about who owns the Prince.

A couple of days ago the Prince was sold by auction and was bought by the man who owns Mikes Shopping Mall (and who, incidentally is also running for Mayor of Pattaya). It seems however that he only bought part of the Hotel, and last night there was a shooting match (real guns were really fired) between two sets of security guards, guarding different parts of the hotel complex.

Anyway there are a lot of bar girls now wandering up and down soi 8 wondering what to do/looking for new jobs.

The Prince hotel has posted a sign on the boards giving the reasons for closure, but unfortunately it's all in Thai, which I can't read.

I'm sure there will be further developments... :o

Today all the bars outside the Prince Hotel were closed down and boarded up by the management of the Prince Hotel. Bars included are The Chicken Farm, Yates's, and The Buffalo, maybe about 10 in all. The reasons for this are not totally clear, but it is something to do with uncertainty about who owns the Prince.

A couple of days ago the Prince was sold by auction and was bought by the man who owns Mikes Shopping Mall (and who, incidentally is also running for Mayor of Pattaya). It seems however that he only bought part of the Hotel, and last night there was a shooting match (real guns were really fired) between two sets of security guards, guarding different parts of the hotel complex.

Anyway there are a lot of bar girls now wandering up and down soi 8 wondering what to do/looking for new jobs.

The Prince hotel has posted a sign on the boards giving the reasons for closure, but unfortunately it's all in Thai, which I can't read.

I'm sure there will be further developments... :o

Is anything ever really clear in Thailand...seems the rule is only thing that is clear is that it is not clear

• Haha 1

• 15 years later...

Girls will be fine.  They are super hot, some farang will marry them and support the village, have a couple kids, she will divorce take everything, and he will be too old to recover only to end up on TVF headliner jumping off a railing in a mall or condo.  Life goes on.  

As for the boards, some sucker will come by start over, then it will repeat, shut down, start up we talk about it here, and on it goes...

Edited by mike787
  • Like 1