AA change terminal next month?

Any information please.

Isee report below

Najib: AirAsia must move to KLIA2 on May 9

Posted on April 6, 2014, Sunday Borneo news

HANOI: Low-cost carrier, AirAsia must move to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2), as scheduled, on May 9.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said the government, however, through Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad, was prepared to listen to and discuss with them if there were any problems over the transfer.

“As a government, we must look at why they are reluctant to move but what I want to stress is for them to have a dialogue with the government, namely MAHB, to find a solution in the interest of both parties.

“If they’ve made a statement refusing to move, it seems like an arrogant statement but if they say they have a reason and they want to negotiate with the government, I feel this is more suitable,” he told Malaysian journalists after chairing a joint meeting with Malaysian industry players and Vietnam, here, yesterday. Najib is here on a three-day official visit to Vietnam which ended yesterday.

He was asked to comment on a statement by AirAsia recently on its refusal to move to KLIA2 from the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal due to its concerns over security and flight operations at KLIA2. —Bernama

If flying from DMK or CNX (Chiang Mai ) to KLIA after April 9 where will land and connect please

odd that security cyed by AA for delay

He was asked to comment on a statement by AirAsia recently on its refusal to move to KLIA2 from the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal due to its concerns over security and flight operations at KLIA2.
The prime minister said, by right AirAsia should have referred any concern and problem on the move at an early stage and not when KLIA2 was about to open.
"Now that KLIA2 is almost completed, we cannot go back and they cannot say 'we don't want to move there', because they have to move there," he added.
Najib said the government had appointed an independent consultant, Ikram Premier Consulting, to evaluate the security level of KLIA2, and when the consultant had made a decision objectively, all parties must accept it.
source
Bernama

Maybe KLIA2 is a rush-job like Suvarnabhumi was and the Malaysian government want to make a show of it being open for business.

I will ask my buddy in KL what's happening down there, or maybe do a google search yourself and get a clue as to what's happening.

Have you looked for any info on AA website? I know... maybe a bad idea!

Maybe KLIA2 is a rush-job like Suvarnabhumi was and the Malaysian government want to make a show of it being open for business.

I will ask my buddy in KL what's happening down there, or maybe do a google search yourself and get a clue as to what's happening.

Have you looked for any info on AA website? I know... maybe a bad idea!

ta yes and klia website but not clear any info welcome please

I did some googling and it looks like a pissing contest between Tony Fernandes at AA and the acting whatever Hishammuddin Hussein at the government. It's a face thing (as usual) as the airport is late and only a couple of (non-Malaysian) low-costers have agreed to move to KLIA2 in May. There's even mention that AA won't move there until October whilst other parties are saying that all the support services will shut down at the LCCT in April, even if AA are still using it. Loads of posturing, bluff and bravado by politicos and rich buggers I reckon.

Watch this space and I am pretty sure that AA's very own website would be the best place to find out if/when the relocate.

I imagine where ever AA flies into, they will also fly out of.

I remember reading about 5 or 6 years ago that they wanted to build their own airport in Negri Sembilan and had funding agreed in a joint project with Sime Darby I think but it was rejected by the government. I think it's a good thing to keep things like airports in government hands, but it would have be interesting to see what Air Asia could do with reducing running costs.

Your OP says departing CNX or DMK to KUL on AA. What time will that arrive?

Then you mention a 4am check-in at KLIA... I assume that is an onward connection on AA?

Then you say you are arriving on SIA? Who's that?

Keep in mind that for (probably) only a little more than AA are charging to KUL, you can use a 'full service' carrier like Turkish, Egyptair, Lufthansa and Ethiopian to get from BKK to KUL and back. Normally a 777, or 747 or 767 and usually almost empty.

In terms of transfer between KLIA2 and KLIA, there is a suspicious silence. However, the KL Ekspress (to KL itself) will have a stop at KLIA2 and it appears this will be promoted as the best way to transfer. Every 15 minutes, but a nuisance to buy a ticket. Though whether the station will open next month remains to be seen. Depending on which website you read, KLIA2 is either 2 or 10km from KLIA. Lots about KLIA2 at

http://klia2.org/

- in fact everything except how to transfer!

There'll be local buses too, mostly boneshakers but who cares. I remember tourists being charged RM2 for the 5 minute journey from LCCT to KLIA. We usually go on to Nilai to get the train on to Seremban, RM2.75 on the same bus and it takes about 45 minutes. I think the real rate should be RM0.25

Some enterprising drivers there..........

Sorry, typo - I meant about 15 minutes not 5. D'oh! The corporation bus then leaves the airport area and goes down the highway (opposite direction to KL city centre). About 45 minutes from KLIA terminal, so an hour or so altogether. I think they charge about RM30 for taxi's, when we have a flight before the buses and trains are running we pay RM40 from Seremban which is about 65km. Like everything at airports, total rip-off unless you already know

Nothing there to see at Nilai, a lot more construction and new buildings then 10 years ago, but nothing else - small university town/suburb. Not even much good food really. We have friends in Seremban, go there at least once a year and haven't been into KL for about 9 years.