World Cup This Summer

kainy83

RS, GMM and PSI will cover all games in HD.

Hope so.thumbsup.gif

I've got a PSI box and a dish.

I get Champions League and La Liga on it.

One off set up cost of about 10K THB, no subscription.

( Also has about 200 Asian channels on it.)

Hi there, just bought a PSI 02 HD BOX, but no english translation any where, not a technician either, want to show, world cup in my little bar, in koh lanta, for thai kids around, do you know i you can show, the games the day after, and how you do that ...Will show on a projector, no tv here, box set up to satellite thank you very much Patrick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there, just bought PSI 02 HD box, for my thai neighbours and myself, to watch world cup, with a projector, ( no tv here ) and satellite, all set up, looks like it is working, but since most games are during the night, how do you do to rerun the games day after, i think eventually you can record them, but how ? no translation any where, or technician ...thanks for your answers

Patrick

Hi there, just bought PSI 02 HD box, for my thai neighbours and myself, to watch world cup, with a projector, ( no tv here ) and satellite, all set up, looks like it is working, but since most games are during the night, how do you do to rerun the games day after, i think eventually you can record them, but how ? no translation any where, or technician ...thanks for your answers

Patrick

Show the games live? Generate revenue outside of normal hours, if licensing laws permit.

Not sure if a PSI box can do what a Sky or VirginMedia box does. My one doesn't.

'World Cup Channel' on PSI may well show replays the next day though, so may not be a problem.

Tuesday on the BBC Website;

The Scottish Football Association has been contacted by the National Crime Agency about a match-fixing threat to Wednesday's friendly against Nigeria.

Scotland are playing Nigeria at Fulham's Craven Cottage ground.

The SFA has released a statement saying it is liaising with the relevant authorities and is preparing for the match as normal.

Leading bookmakers contacted by BBC Sport say they are unaware of any specific threat to the game.

While they are exercising extra vigilance for any suspicious betting patterns, a spokesperson for one bookmaker said: "We've seen no evidence of the reported issues and we wouldn't expect to.

"This sort of activity will be executed in the illegal betting market, and is unlikely to be seen in the UK or European regulated sector."

Then this happens Wednesday night at Craven Cottage;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOS8TWmiW4A

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

I remember a friendly between Argentina and Nigeria a few years ago that was the most obvious case of fixing I've ever witnessed. It was supposed to be investigated, but SURPRISE I don't think anything ever came of it.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/13653658

Forget the indians or asians the Nigerian's are the most corrupt culture/people i've ever come a x

and i was in the north of Brazil at around june ish one year and the weather wasn't so terrible http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/SBMN/2013/6/30/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA this sort of backs it up,

Talking of our Ghanaian friendssmile.png

witch doctor Nana Kwaku Bonsam first talked of conjuring a Ronaldo World Cup injury back in February. With Ghana set to face Ronaldo's Portugal in Group G, Bonsam was hoping he could keep the reigning Ballon d'Or winner from having an influence

I know what Cristiano Ronaldo’s injury is about, I’m working on him. I am very serious about it. Last week, I went around looking for four dogs and I got them to be used in manufacturing a special spirit called ‘
Kahwiri
Kapam
’.

I said it four months ago that I will work on Cristiano Ronaldo seriously and rule him out of the World up or at least prevent him from playing against Ghana and the best
Bonsam
believes there is no way for Ronaldo to regain full fitness.

"This injury can never be cured by any medic, they can never see what is causing the injury because it is spiritual," he said. "Today, it is his knee, tomorrow it is his thigh, next day it is something else."
thing I can do is to keep him out though injury.

Shame he wasn't around in 2010! Could have saved Luis' reputation thumbsup.gif

Any update on the tv coverage in Thailand?, I have just been on FIFA website and looked at the match schedule, you can set the times to Thai local time.

I have just a true vision receiver in the house and just have the basic stuff.

Apparently the TV shop in town have called my Mrs and asked her do I want the footbon. ??

Any update on the tv coverage in Thailand?, I have just been on FIFA website and looked at the match schedule, you can set the times to Thai local time.

I have just a true vision receiver in the house and just have the basic stuff.

Apparently the TV shop in town have called my Mrs and asked her do I want the footbon. ??

A big court decision due in the next few days regarding whether RS will have to make all matches available on free Thai TV. Also there has been talk that RS might contract with True to show matches through True's network.

Nothing like making a dog's meal of it at the last second.

Seems the Argies are spoiling for a fight again.

Bpjva7NIIAAT1M1.jpg

Perhaps it's time for England to hold up some banners of their own.

Belgrano-Sunk-copy2.jpg

Don't need banners chicog.....Although we'll probably see this bloke covered in claret and wearing a deckchair in a week or sofacepalm.gif

BpraHFfIUAAFJOX.jpg

The current government in Argentina has an inappropriately close relationship with the AFA. The government sponsors the TV contract that airs Argentina football in country and uses their influence to fill commercials and halftime slots with assorted propaganda. The government also stokes discontent about the Falklands/Malvinas issue to rally their constituency. Has for years. Julio Grondona, president of the AFA, is tight with the government as you would expect. And, for what its worth, a VP with FIFA and a complete mafia don slimeball.

So, the banner is no surprise.

I thought political gestures were not allowed by players in football. Several players i.e. Anelka have had bans for doing less. FIFA should come down hard on the Argies shouldn't they?

Good point MrB. But Grondona is a FIFA VP and buddies with Blatter. Plus, Argentina is a country, whereas Anelka is just some over the hill black dude.

Got most of the info on tv coverage now, still the main court case outstanding (decision today) on whether RS will allow free tv channel coverage. I read that channels 7 & 8 wil be allowed to show 22 matches free too.

All 64 matches should be shown free but, this is the land of change you set top box every few months.

I thought political gestures were not allowed by players in football. Several players i.e. Anelka have had bans for doing less. FIFA should come down hard on the Argies shouldn't they?

Here you go MrB, though I still doubt much will come of it. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/09/argentina-fifa-sanctions-falkland-islands-banner-friendly

Very unlikely England will be playing Argentina anyway.

So no falklands problemo.

smile.png

Don't bank on it....they both play at the same ground within a couple of days of each other.sad.png

Point taken. I hadn't thought of that.

Me naively believing that politics can be kept out of sport.facepalm.gif

Here you go MrB, though I still doubt much will come of it. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/09/argentina-fifa-sanctions-falkland-islands-banner-friendly

Cheers jelly. Glad that they have at least picked up on it and are looking at sanctions.