World Cup This Summer

kainy83

I thought political gestures were not allowed by players in football. Several players i.e. Anelka have had bans for doing less. FIFA should come down hard on the Argies shouldn't they?

Agree, sports should not become a political tool.

Look at the players involved in the political issues within sports.

They are not exactly the sharpest and most knowledgeable in the lands.

;)

One can only wonder what the average intelligence is in that group.

I bet none of the Argentinians can even find the Falkland's on the map.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought political gestures were not allowed by players in football. Several players i.e. Anelka have had bans for doing less. FIFA should come down hard on the Argies shouldn't they?

Here you go MrB, though I still doubt much will come of it. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/09/argentina-fifa-sanctions-falkland-islands-banner-friendly

A slap on the wrist and a suspended fine.

Agree, sports should not become a political tool.

Look at the players involved in the political issues within sports.

They are not exactly the sharpest and most knowledgeable in the lands.

wink.png

One can only wonder what the average intelligence is in that group.

I bet none of the Argentinians can even find the Falkland's on the map.

They know where the goal is though.

Could be very dangerous in Brazil.

Got most of the info on tv coverage now, still the main court case outstanding (decision today) on whether RS will allow free tv channel coverage. I read that channels 7 & 8 wil be allowed to show 22 matches free too.

All 64 matches should be shown free but, this is the land of change you set top box every few months.

Hopefully the Military Junta will be looking for more Brownie points and insist that all games on free to air. Should go down well in the Boonies.

We lve in an apartment that provides cable/satellite TV. They show all F1 plus selected Premiership games. Normally no tennis, but now showing Queens?

Anyone know if you can buy a one off free to air sat box that will give the football?

jb1

ugh just looked at the KO times, we couldnt be in a worse spot could we in terms of Thailand times. For the group stages it seems that the ones at 1pm local Brazil time should be ok as 11pm here but the rest are at ridiculous hrs between 2-6am sad.png

Give them a miss and watch the replays and dont look at the news reports simple

Edited by whiteman

RS Public Company Limited is the broadcaster for the 2014 World Cup in Thailand. I had my box installed a week ago. 2000 baht, one time, for the box. No charge for the World Cup channels, but 700 baht/month for the full channel package. The channels appear to be similar to the CTH package, but not as good, so I opted out of that option. They have all the usual Thai channels but few in English. Use a True Visions or Dream box dish. My local Thai installer did the setup. I would guess the commentary will be in Thai. I don't have many details but I will post any that I receive in the future. There are five channels dedicated for the football.

Cheers Mack, but if it's Thai commentary them I'm OUT. Drives me nuts.

Games are with English and thai commentary. Audio preference can be selected with the remote for the PSI box.