Van Van

moe666

Down at the local gym this morning and a Suzuki VanVan parked there. Not a bad looking bike appeared outfitted for on-off road use the rear wheel was huge for such a small bike but I was unable to find the tire size, will check next time I am there.

i sat on one at motor show last Saturday. quite a lot of metal! Nice bike and i like it. looking for a work horse to replace my old honda wave 125 nowadays and it can be this bike.

Bike is not small and actually very long. Seat is the longest around and it is very comfy and definitely not cramped.

Pity it is only 125 cc. If it is at least a 250 cc , i might consider buying it strongly as my next work horse as it is quite a work horse with all the space and metal it offers.

but it has 6 speed so easier to extract power from the small engine and for more flexibility. Also it is light a 128 kg wet. I expect good fuel economy as well.

it is around 105 k THB, not bad if you consider a new top honda wave 125 is going for 60 k thb still 80 k thb should be a better and reasonable prices for this bike.

It looks destructible and very tough. can be used for long years.

here are the specs:

Engine capacity: 125cc Engine: Four stroke, air-cooled, OHC Bore: 57mm x 48.8mm Compression ratio: 9.2 : 1 Lubrication: Wet sump Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorised) Fuel system: Fuel injection Starter: Electric Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh Drive: Chain Power: 8.50kW @ 9000rpm (11.40hp) Torque: 9.80N.m @ 7500rpm (7.20lb.ft) Overall length: 2140mm (84.3in) Overall width: 860mm (33.9in) Overall height: 1120mm (44.1in) Wheelbase: 1385mm (54.5in) Seat height: 770mm (30.3in) Kerb Mass: 128kg (282.2lbs) Fuel capacity: 6.5litres (1.4 UK gallons)
Front suspension: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped Rear suspension: Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped Front brakes: Disc brake Rear brakes: Drum brake Front tyres: 130/80-18 M/C 66P tube type Rear tyres:

180/80-14 M/C 78P tube type

post-184955-0-67864800-1396933159_thumb.

post-184955-0-04572000-1396933164_thumb.

post-184955-0-87300800-1396933166_thumb.

post-184955-0-87375500-1396933421_thumb.

post-184955-0-00017500-1396933424_thumb.

Tires are Dunlop, 130/80-18 front, 180/80-14 rear biggrin.png

Nice ride, very smooth engine, but of course no real power and speed, 100kmh. Made in Japan, so spares maybe a bit more expensive. Its already a cult bike, i like it.

It would be much better (read: nicer) with a 250 or 400 cc engine.

There is a 200cc version, but not sold in Thailand. But even with 125cc people are enjoying the bike and doing some light offroad. Its all about FunFun not speed here :)

Twas in Suzuki (MVP) on Sukhumvit today to get the Smash serviced.

Whilst twiddling my thumbs I had another look at the Van Van......not very exciting. But I'll bet it is with a 250 donk!

The Gladius they had on show was looking good in silver with red. I'd forgotten how compact and lean they were. Still looks good as a naked bike.

V-Strom.....way to big to be enjoyable to ride. And no centre stand! What's with that??? You'd need to be 6' 6" to have feet long enough to reach the ground!

Looks pretty slow my Yamaha would turn 120 kilos all day long. And it looks like the copied an early 70's style but if your into retro I guess it would be allright. I would rather just get on of the smaller bandits & enjoy the ride. Too bad they don't bring back the Kawasaki LTD's 1982 & up & make a retro remake. Easy to ride & hella enjoyable. And great on your butt for longer journeys.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone bought this bike? I am going to have a look at one tomorrow at a shop not too far from my house. Might get one. I have seen them around and at the bike show. I really like this bike for what it is, seriously easy going. It's fairly large for a "small" which is good for my 100 kg body. Just to cruise around a bit and for small trips to the supermarket. And it's looks and simple solid technology will last forever.

Looks pretty slow my Yamaha would turn 120 kilos all day long. And it looks like the copied an early 70's style but if your into retro I guess it would be allright. I would rather just get on of the smaller bandits & enjoy the ride. Too bad they don't bring back the Kawasaki LTD's 1982 & up & make a retro remake. Easy to ride & hella enjoyable. And great on your butt for longer journeys.

Great bike that can go forever.

Quite durable bikes these van cans and they can go anywhere. Be it beach or a mountain trail.

It has a lot of room too to carry things etc.

I still think on buying it but just threw 7000 thb to my wave 125.

Also i checked and engine can be upgraded to 200 and 250 cc easily which is mandatory Imo

Looked at one in a showroom here and what a disappointment, too small and a tiny engine, then the price..over 100,000 baht. If it cost half that you might consider it and shorter than me.

The SR400 is just the same, nice looking retro bike, but too small and way too expensive.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have on since 2.5 years. Very comfy!! Not fast but smooth. The little engine has a lot of character. Spares are available and not expensive. I paid 105,000 (125cc). I am still happy I bought it. I ride it everyday and haven't had any issues (of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 20/11/2015 at 9:48 AM, SpoliaOpima said:

Was looking at the Yamaha TW125 for the back of my campervan, they are popular here in Europe for that application...and very little else, by all accounts. They are very light and as you say really easy to ride on the beach, but they max out at 80kph. Look really cool in the beach resorts and very simple/reliable, I guess the Vanvan is just a modern version of that.

Not sure about making it faster/more powerful/heavier, given the styling.

Archived