patong too expensive for the average joe

coconutbar

Who on earth would be stupid enough to pay 200bht for a beer and assuming it's a small one, crazy!!

I don't... but I DO *get* the business model....

I might pay 200 for a grog, if there was entertainment an NO cover charge.. but I sure as hell would not be having a session in the place at those prices... There are places that charge a cover, and then want to slam you with silly beer prices.... not for me... vote with your feet...

When I am in Patong, I am usually tucked up in bed pretty early.... BUT, I am more an afternoon drinker than a night time drinker.... these days 555. There are many bars in and around Patong, where you get a fairly priced beer.... even the big bars on Bangla, during the afternoon, do beers for about 80 baht.... The Missus will finish work and come pick me up late in the afternoon when I am out and about.... and home we will go...

Sure, the go go's and clubs are pricey.... there is a chain owned by 1 bloke in Sea Dragon, where there is generally a 100 baht special... If you can stomach Calsberg, I think that is the 100 baht beer atm.... But I generally don't go those places, except with a mate or 2 for a max of 2 beers and move on.... They are very easy to avoid, if all you want is a drink.... there are plenty of beer bars around the place, that don't charge stupid money for a drink... and they can be great fun!!!

If you know what you are doing, u can still have a great time and not part with too much cash in Patong... But you cram Lady Drinks down a woman's/women's neck all night and then take it further, well, U should know what you are getting into, and it will end up hurting your pocket....

• 4 years later...
On 4/8/2014 at 10:28 PM, patayayaya said:

The straw that broke the camels back was when they started entrance fees for hollywood discothèque . Now it's hardened hookers wall too wall, middle easterns,Indians and Russians with your muscle truck tatooted drunk Aussie <deleted> peppered in there .

Didn’t an Aussie steal your poontang?

34 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

After more than four years your question might be unanswered.

Member last online in 2015.

Slow day in Khon Kaen?

You seem to have a fascination with the other end of the country.

• Sad 1

On 4/8/2014 at 11:30 PM, coconutbar said:
On 4/8/2014 at 10:37 PM, falkan said:

Seduction,Tiger and Hollywood 300baht entrance, last 10 years i seen the old farts move out from these places and being replaced by younger guys i think the only one who complains are the old farts as the bar girls rather go with the more younger handsome guys...

there's the contradiction , why on earth does a young handsome man need to go to Thailand to pay for boom boom.

It's called having no game lol.