Cha-am: Police arrest British national wanted in France for suspected drug trafficking

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the law is slow but they do not forget.Interpol has the ability to find people by lots of different ways,social media and tracking phone calls etc.

Most people will slip up by making contact with friends or family.

Interpol found him and the RTP picked him up.

Good.

Let's not forget that he is a suspect, he has not been convicted of anything yet.

It's quite possible that he is innocent.

A least France appears to have an advanced and fair legal system, he's probably much better off in a French court than a Thai one.

I have read that French prisons are extremely harsh compared to the UK, he is in for a rough time.

Good that the That Police is clearing up foreign criminals. Just wish they did the same in our countries...

But the 1 gr. Of marihuana on a poor lad in phuket is still a joke

The Thai police isn't cleaning up anything, they have no choice but to arrest him because he has been found by French Interpol. There may be no direct reciprocal agreement between the 2 countries but Thailand would be very stupid to tell Interpol to go away and not exercise an International warrant for such a serious crime.

I surely hope they give him due process of law, but sometimes the law can be bought......

Thailand? I am so sorry that what some have produced, was never the ideal, the thought of moving ahead, and growing as a Nation..... But in my opinion, this is happening the world-round..... I sincerely hope that Thailand, finds its' moral compass, to turn it around........

Just a thought..... And to the true expats, still existing in Thailand? My best wishes for the ideals and things that you all have come to know......

kilosierra wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

when they catch these guys why don't they just make them smoke or shoot up all the stuff they were going to sell to others,! in front of the police until they drop dead! I believe this would seriously reduce the amount of people who get caught carrying this stuff..could you imagine being caught with a kilo of smack knowing that if you get caught you have to finish off the product which is a given that it will finish you off, poetic justice!

• Like 1

Good that the That Police is clearing up foreign criminals. Just wish they did the same in our countries...

Drugs are drugs. There should be zero tolerance. If you want to stay in Thailand, stay the f... Away from drugs, even 1g of it. I have no sympathy for the small fry, but big drug barons like this guy should be hung from their necks like in singapore.

Yep, it is a shame that even in the developed world weed is still regarded as something negative, yet it is quite the contrary. It has been found to have medicinal properties which are being studied and recognized more and more each year. If you smoke weed from time to time you are labeled as a bad person and get a criminal record if caught, this can tarnish a pesons life and or career, but forget that, lets all go and drink at bars, cause traffic accidents and fights whilst drunk, and waste police time by being angry so and so's due to nice legal and deadly alcohol. yum

Edited by Tom420
  • Like 2

He has probably been paying the right people since 2008, and only now lapsed on payments or dated the police chief's daughter or something. Been there 6 years and only now they discover? Eh?
He's probably the dude that had that 54 YO woman mule a couple kilo of crack this week. The who was busted and everyone point a finger at her...

good place to hide out, knowing that the law here is non existent. And anybody can be bought!

Yup...

From a haul like that, he must be truly minted, and the police and extradition judges will be very interested in getting their hands on as much of it as possible before allowing him to slip away into the night.

Myanmar must be looking good right now... or even Dubai.... They don't extradite folks with illegal acquired huge sums of money.

Wow! Just the third post in, and a reference to Thaksin already.

Impressive!

good place to hide out, knowing that the law here is non existent. And anybody can be bought!

He won't be buying his way out of this. The Thai police are not the ones laying charges against him, which could be negotiated.

Daily Mail story link above says He was arrested following a tip-off from French law enforcement officials through the country's embassy in Thailand. The French authorities know darned well that he is here, and the Thai police have to catch him and return him to show that they are not the lazy, corrupt and ineffective group that they truly are.

An other quality Brit tourist, I don't see many Russian drug dealers getting busted.

Just my mirror for those who always bash the Russians and seem to think their (insert your country) produces quality tourists.

Good that they caught him and that he could not buy his way out.

I just google searched "dutchman arrested in thailand".

• Like 1

France will be deported to France.

An Englishman with the surname of France. Is his surname for real? I have my doubts.

I do like the walking stick and back support belt for added sympathy, nice touch.

And so we have another piece of scum who believes Thailand is a safe haven for foreign criminals. Why not impose the death penalty for these big time drug dealers as I guess the quantities of drugs this scum has been caught with is only the tip of the iceberg. Would also be a good idea to check his bank accounts and other financials plus seek out all his criminal associates here in Thailand, because this guy is not working alone.

I truly detest bastards like him , who live a luxurious life-style from the profits he made thro. bringing misery to thousands of people . Like the ATM scammers yesterday , cut-off his hands & in his case his <deleted> then bang him up for life .

crying.gif By the looks of his eyes' demeanor, this guy's clearly looking for a way out . . . . . 5 5 5

Hope they get him and get him good down there in France; because, all kidding aside, people like this do destroy countless lives and they don;t care as long as they can live it up themselves ! ! ! Rubbish man ! ! !

1zgarz5.gif

Disagree. When people go looking for drugs their lives are already ruined. It is not the dealers that keep the illegal drug industry flourishing, it is the users.

If people want, somebody will supply. Take away a supplier, someone else will supply. Take away a consumer, the market wii be decreased. Decrease the demand, you decrease the suppliers and weaken the industry. Economics 101.

However, weaken the industry and shippers, government workers, gun manufacturers, spy equipment manufacturers, politicians, and banks will lose money. And we know that is not going to happen.

Really?? Then why is he in custody? If he was going to be able to buy his way out it would have happened already. The Thai police are not going to make a public display catching this guy and then loose face by letting him get slip away.

Just because some police take bribes doesn't mean you can buy your way out of everything. Have you not seen all the people that have been arrested and deported for no work permits, overstaying visas etc? I had an employee stealing from my company, the police did their job. So if laws are non-existent why did they arrest him?

I know a friend that got caught by the police for drugs. He tried to buy his way out and got charged with bribery too. He has been convicted and is spending many years in jail. So many ex-pats in jails here and you think laws are non existent.

Well said, I totally agree with you, it appears some people on here just like Thai bashing.

• Like 1

An other quality Brit tourist, I don't see many Russian drug dealers getting busted.

Just my mirror for those who always bash the Russians and seem to think their (insert your country) produces quality tourists.

Good that they caught him and that he could not buy his way out.

I just google searched "dutchman arrested in thailand".

I am sure there are.. and your welcome to search unlike most here I don't care about nationality and readily accept there are a lot of idiots and criminals where I come from. Unlike others who seem to think that their country is the best and does not produce criminals.

Then go on bashing other nationalities to feel better.

Yup...

From a haul like that, he must be truly minted, and the police and extradition judges will be very interested in getting their hands on as much of it as possible before allowing him to slip away into the night.

Myanmar must be looking good right now... or even Dubai.... They don't extradite folks with illegal acquired huge sums of money.

Dubai does arrest drug runners. He can also lose his head there, as they sometimes apply their own Law in such cases. I don't know about Myanmar