BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Dead boy's family in Phuket 'mob' against Russians

Maybe just maybe he not died if wearing helmet, but those Russian have to go to jail anyway.

The irony in this article is painful. I hope that this serves as a lesson to the Thai populace that this HAS to stop. Whether it be a Thai driver or foreign driver they should all be held responsible....unless the victim isn't wearing a helmet.

This one takes the cake. Drive like a maniac but make sure you only hit helmetless riders, all good.

• Like 2

Does this sort of ridiculous article appear in Thai newspapers?

I do have to agree with the Thai family for the failure of the police for not seizing the only valid witnesses passport.

But in saying that my wifes brother inlaw is a high ranking police investingator in cases like this and if you knew the amount of cases

and conditions he has to work under its no wonder poor police proceedure exist in this land

RIP Little Buddy

Why would she have her passport seized? She made a statement as a witness but she has done nothing wrong. It would be very wrong to hold her passport.

Basically, the couple have fled and gone back home. It is tragic but it was an accident and fleeing the scene is just the normal thing in Thailand,, or at least that is how it seems.

So, there really is nothing the police can do about this. They will never track the driver down.

• Like 2

Looks like they were a little more Russians than Farangs..

But then there might be a reason for the distinction....:

“Of all the [foreigners] who live in Thailand, the Russians cause the most problem.''

• Like 1

frustrated police I think we all know why,everyone involved including the witnesses have flown home,what off an island with a limited amount of flights,then out of bkk.on another flight booked or not booked that is the question.how long does that take.

you can all make up your own minds as to went went on after the accident.

could have been your son.r.i.p.

What went on after the accident?------ Surely you are non insinuating that they paid the police to get off and go home? Sounds a bit far fetched to mewhistling.gif

• Like 1

Anyone being even half aware of the abject corruption of the Chalong Police , would probably do the same.

I wouldnt be surprised at all to learn that these cops have already been paid to let the Russians slip away. They are that dishonest.

They are not lamenting the chance to 'solve' the case , to them its already solved - the Russians did it ! And those Russians were heartless not to stay around - to pay the cops off even more as a percentage of the blood money.

As has been stated , they are doing exactly what some Thais do in this situation every day.

Sorry , but things are so dysfunctional here about laws , corruption and outcomes , that Im pretty sure I woould have recommended they do the same ...

• Like 2

I feel sad for the family. No matter how negligent they were as parents they have still lost their love.

The irony in this article is painful. I hope that this serves as a lesson to the Thai populace that this HAS to stop. Whether it be a Thai driver or foreign driver they should all be held responsible....unless the victim isn't wearing a helmet.

The whole thing is farcical when you look at it that way and you have to understand why the police have thrown their hands in the air over this one.

No helmet is at least partly to blame himself that is my opinion.

I wish they shown the same reaction at all the Thai drivers who do the same. Maybe they do but it seems awfully foreigner orientated.

In general Thais do the same thing driving off.

I find that repulsive too, but here the tone is so much directed at foreigners its crazy. Though i might be mistaken as not too long ago a police station was blocked by Thais to get justice in an Thai hit and run case. But there the driver was supposedly a helper of the owner of the car. Though I think many would agree it could have been the owner.

Claiming that foreigners do bad when thais do it on a dialy base - TIT!

Russians should show heart and responsibility when no Thai can do so?

I'm not a friend of how like 95% of the Russians behave, but same same with the Thais!

I just had a motobike accident with a car driver not giving me the right of way - he not even left the car before deciding to drive away and leaving me with the 100+ k THB bills for broken glasses, motobike and hospital (5 days stay).

Bye,

Derk

• Like 1

frustrated police I think we all know why,everyone involved including the witnesses have flown home,what off an island with a limited amount of flights,then out of bkk.on another flight booked or not booked that is the question.how long does that take.

you can all make up your own minds as to went went on after the accident.

could have been your son.r.i.p.

What went on after the accident????-------- surely you are not suggesting that some sort of bribery and corruption went on with the police.

Can't believe thatwhistling.gif