Kebabs....mmmmmmm..

kelv23

Does anyone know where I could get one of the kebab grills that they have down on Sukhumvit Soi 3 outside the Grace Hotel ?

One of those would go great in my garden if I could find one. ......

Have you tried asking the owner of said grill, where he got his from? Is it one of the tall ones your after?

kebapgrill2mh.jpg

this discussion brings up an interesting question...could we indeed sell kebab, schwarma and the associated cuisine in Thailand...?

out in the provinces, I think not...you got to get a shwarma cook to do the preparation to begin with...and where do you get mutton? In the classified pages in the arab Gulf areas schwarma cooks (preparation and cooking) are in high demand...

a schwarma cooking arrangement without schwarma is an abomination...hinting and teasing of ritghteous cuisine without delivery...

historical note: the kepbap was invented by a guy in Bursa, Turkey by the name of Iskender (Alexander in turkish) in 1860...he popularised the big vertical rotating skewer with a vertical coal/wood fired arrangement...when in Bursa, look out for the Iskender arrangement...(I lived there for 3 months in 1998..OK...the old Ottoman capital at the foot of Uludag...good skiing when you go up to the top...)

Next time Im in BKK I will ask as no one here seems to know. As for tutsiwarriors reply,well we dont have that many schwarmas in England and there are kebab shops everywhere. Makes me wonder why I post in here sometime

Next time Im in BKK I will ask as no one here seems to know. As for tutsiwarriors reply,well we dont have that many schwarmas in England and there are kebab shops everywhere. Makes me wonder why I post in here sometime

I think tutsi was just pointing out about preperation of the meat. These kebab shops in the uk buy their meat from a main supplier who probably has schwarma cooks preparing the meat.

I mean there is no need to get all sensitive about it, he is merely pointing out the way the meat should be prepared.

Sorry if we couldnt help you out, but it is quite an unusal request, and like i said before maybe the best person to ask where to get one of these grills is the person you saw using it in Bangkok.

Another "historical note": The famous Doner Kebab is said to be invented not in Turkey but in Berlin.

(just to brag a bit as well :D )

So you might want to import one from Germany :o

Cheers,

KY

Edited by Khun Yak