Londoners say Western media unfairly demonizes Russia over Ukraine - poll

webfact

Londoners say Western media unfairly demonizes Russia over Ukraine - poll

LONDON: -- A recent independent opinion poll in the streets of London found no shortage of people who said they are not buying the West’s characterization of Russia's alleged interventions in Ukraine under the helm of President Vladimir Putin, RIA reports.

"I feel that he’s been demonized and I feel that perhaps it’s slightly unfair. I would like to see some media coverage that is less biased," one of the respondents said.

The survey called "View on the Streets" was conducted by the educational volunteer organization WORLDbytes to see if the public had swallowed the portrayal by Western politicians and media outlets of Russia as the major cause of problems in the region.

The report said the responses were fascinating, suggesting many Londoners question bias by the media and remain critical of Western meddling in the situation in Ukraine.

"Any Western intervention in another part of the world is almost always disastrous. And this one, I think, has a uniquely unpleasant flavor … A democratically elected government was deposed by protests, whereas that government should have been thrown out by election, of course," one Londoner said.

Full story: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_04_16/Londoners-say-Western-media-unfairly-demonizes-Russia-over-Ukraine-poll-0137/

vor.jpg
-- Voice of Russia 2014-04-16

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always a danger of diplomatic niceties or overt praise coming back to bite you, especially when the positive things you said publicly were about someone who then, er, launches an invasion.

George W. Bush: 'I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul.'facepalm.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/04/western-leaders-praise-putin_n_4896991.html

Perhaps they should have asked English people.

How would they recognize them?

Do they wear a badge?

What I mean't was London is a cosmopolitan city. Very easy to target foreigners of your target audience. They could have say, targeted Slav looking people,

I don't dismiss the assertion that since WWII's end, the West, led by the USA, has often meddled in foreign countries with disastrous results. That said, I do believe Putin is a legitimate threat.

By the time this plays out, this might prove the West cried wolf one too many times and now, as a true international situation emerges, people are unwilling to believe it. I hope I'm wrong, though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-wants-to-regain-finland-for-russia-adviser-says-9224273.html

I don't dismiss the assertion that since WWII's end, the West, led by the USA, has often meddled in foreign countries with disastrous results. That said, I do believe Putin is a legitimate threat.

By the time this plays out, this might prove the West cried wolf one too many times and now, as a true international situation emerges, people are unwilling to believe it. I hope I'm wrong, though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-wants-to-regain-finland-for-russia-adviser-says-9224273.html

Ah how short memories are......100 years on from Russia supporting the 'Slavic' peoples in the Balkans against the Austians.....result the First World War; ,fast forward to 1938, some guy named Adolf Hitler said he needed to 'protect' the German speaking people in the Sudetenland (Czechoslovakia), the west did nothing; next, after the Sudetenland he annexed the whole of Czechosolvakia.....one year later he invaded Poland.....The start of the Second World War.....any of this sound eerily familiar????

if you do not learn from history you are condemned to repeat it.....

Oh and by the way the article is from The Russian News agency so it must be really unbiased facepalm.gif

• Like 1

What is a Londoner ? I was born in Brixton 60 years ago and now have a gaff in Mile End. my parents, grandparents and their grandparents were mostly born in London. How many like me ! Not many . So who are these Londoners that are being asked these questions ?

This is blatant propaganda. Who is RIA you ask?

Quote: "RIA NOVOSTI

The Russian News & Information Agency RIA Novosti

RIA Novosti is Russia's leading news agency in terms of multimedia technologies, website audience reach and quoting by the Russian media. Integrated multimedia newsroom, vast network covering over 45 countries of the world and the Russian regions allow RIA Novosti to deliver news and information in all possible formats, including video, animated infographics and cartoons to professional clients and the end user in 14 languages. RIA Novosti has proven expertise in creating tailored interactive news & information services for mobile operators and content providers.

Day after day RIA Novosti combines media expertise with innovative technologies to effectively reach its audience of millions. The agency is partially government-subsidized, but maintains full editorial independence."

Full Link:

http://en.ria.ru/docs/about/novosti.html

This has nothing to do with news and please note the juicy bit "partially government-subsidized, but maintains full editorial independence". Talk (in this case written declarations) are cheap. I'll call this entire charade "bullpucky".

F1

F1

. . . whereas the UK only has the Beeb to spread the official line, and the US has tells it like it really is with the likes of CNN and Fox News.

Time for a reality check, methinks.

Nobody can stop Russia. Who England France and German never If they are waiting for Obama just wait he will never do and America will never fight away

Remember who got the peace prize.

American people do their best work when they get disrespected and under-estimated.

Do they wear a badge?

What I mean't was London is a cosmopolitan city. Very easy to target foreigners of your target audience. They could have say, targeted Slav looking people,

Speaking as a Londoner, they looked and spoke like a cross section of Londoners. I am proud they have not all fallen for the western media bias.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do they wear a badge?

If people were surveyed in Hyde Park Speaker's Corner, you'll find support or protest for every kind of political issue on earth.