BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris2004

4K TV - worth it yet?

20 Mbit should be enough for 4k

A nice programm is also U stream!

20 Mbit should be enough for 4k

A nice programm is also U stream!

It's not enough for that video I embedded... and that's "only" 1440P.. Maybe the h.265 codec will help 4K streaming, but fact is, on TH consumer connects I just don't see it working smoothly for a long time to come.

I saw a 4K 55in. Sony (I think) on sale at Tesco yesterday.

Sale price just over 37,000 baht. The demo video was football (World Cup) related. Picture was fantastic.

Wonder if I'll live long enough to see holographic television.....

Sale price just over 37,000 baht. The demo video was football (World Cup) related. Picture was fantastic.

I think you'll find that the 37K Baht is the finance deposit, or 1/3 of a 3 month instalment plan - the cheapest it sells for elsewhere is 9x,xxx Baht.

4k via internet?

Must be a nightmare for the providers.

Who should pay for the explosion of bandwidth while they already struggle to transport all those "funny youtube videos" which already make up the biggest part of traffic.

This week first 4k test transmission

Starts for Asia region

Eutelsat 70,5east

BBC brings Brazil World Cup in 4 k

But not for public viewing, only testing :bah:

4K not worth it yet. They're all making them en masse, they'll build up load of stock for Xmas and they'll be 1/3 of the price in 1Q15.

I think you'll find that the 37K Baht is the finance deposit, or 1/3 of a 3 month instalment plan - the cheapest it sells for elsewhere is 9x,xxx Baht.

I doubt Tesco would have a 4K tv for sale, more think it was just the demo played on a regular flatscreen.

I saw 4K 49" LG 2014 model for 47k baht, forgot what model was it (obviously not the top model). However, I'll wait until 4k content (HEVC) available to us all (mkv).

It seems like they are all now working towards the baseline of:

HDMI 2.0

HDCP 2.2

HEVC codec

Mainly thanks to Netflix actually getting out there and publishing some commercial 4K content it seems.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444

Download a 4K video with high bitrate and watch it in full hd monitor or tv, big difference.

I watched some naughty 4k videos for test, picture quality in full hd is amazing.

I'll buy 4k probably next year, LG sells them for good price this year but next year it should be even cheaper.

Also, several flagship phones can record 4k videos, so it'll be great to watch them in 4k tvs when you have them.