BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris2004

4K TV - worth it yet?

I was in my local Big C yesterday, (Samui) and just noticed banner stickers for 4 K TV's .... oh pretty good price I thought... 25,000 baht range with a discount coupon if you have a Big C card....(knowing Lazada is listing one or two in that range, I thought prices might be dropping~ !)

I hovered around for several minutes, thinking a staff member would try and help... but no, all playing with their phones, (normal there bah.gif ) So I found the store PR guy who I know, and asked him to come help...(even that did not get the attention of the staff facepalm.gif )

Just make a long story short.... None of the TV's were 4k, I realized this when I started to write down model numbers to compare on the net... no UHD at the start of the model numbers..... It turned out, ... No Hab! 4 K, ... even though signs for them facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Be warned check model numbers start with UHD when/ if looking for a 4 K! ... at any store! wink.png

Maybe you weren't dreaming.. earlier today I bought the 49" LG 4K from cdiscount.co.th (which is Big C) for 27K, and they had the 42" for 19.9K - both appear to be sold out now though.

I was in my local Big C yesterday, (Samui) and just noticed banner stickers for 4 K TV's .... oh pretty good price I thought... 25,000 baht range with a discount coupon if you have a Big C card....(knowing Lazada is listing one or two in that range, I thought prices might be dropping~ !)

I hovered around for several minutes, thinking a staff member would try and help... but no, all playing with their phones, (normal there bah.gif ) So I found the store PR guy who I know, and asked him to come help...(even that did not get the attention of the staff facepalm.gif )

Just make a long story short.... None of the TV's were 4k, I realized this when I started to write down model numbers to compare on the net... no UHD at the start of the model numbers..... It turned out, ... No Hab! 4 K, ... even though signs for them facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Be warned check model numbers start with UHD when/ if looking for a 4 K! ... at any store! wink.png

Maybe you weren't dreaming.. earlier today I bought the 49" LG 4K from cdiscount.co.th (which is Big C) for 27K, and they had the 42" for 19.9K - both appear to be sold out now though.

I just realized that was a website for cdiscount.co.th, never heard of that before.... I see they have a Skyworth ...4 K TV, I've never even heard that make before! I would only choose an LG if I make the plunge!

Perhaps one or less per store! whistling.gifor to be able to use the "No hab" or "Mae Me"facepalm.gif

Power Buy on Samui at least, tells me they have new models coming in about a week.... it will be interesting to see what actually turns up...wink.png

Perhaps one or less per store! whistling.gifor to be able to use the "No hab" or "Mae Me"facepalm.gif

Power Buy on Samui at least, tells me they have new models coming in about a week.... it will be interesting to see what actually turns up...wink.png

2015 changes are more OLED models from LG (currently only available in 55"), and new quantum-dot models from LG, Samsung and possibly others.. Both are high-end technologies though, so don't expect them to be too cheap..

I just saw a 40" UHD (4k) TV at IT City (top floor of Pantip plaza, the biggest and only store there). Price was 30,000 which translates to $916. 2 months ago that same tv was 47,000 I believe.

Prices are coming down! I think this is the year to pick one up!

I just saw a 40" UHD (4k) TV at IT City (top floor of Pantip plaza, the biggest and only store there). Price was 30,000 which translates to $916. 2 months ago that same tv was 47,000 I believe.

Prices are even better than that :)

Here's a 49" UHD 4K for 25K Baht: http://www.cdiscount.co.th/lg-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-49-inch-49ub820t-19041

The 40" version (40UB820T) has been selling for around 19-20K Baht in the past few weeks, but appears to be out of stock everywhere at the moment.

Well I think I found the lowest price yet. Here's a 40 inch 4K TV for a hair under 18,000: http://www.lazada.co.th/tcl-led-tv-40-40s5600-1088823.html

It's from Lazada so I believe the shipping to your door is free also.

Is TCL a decent brand? I looked them up on Google and they appear to be Chinese.

Here's a bigger brand for 21,000: http://www.lazada.co.th/lg-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-42-42ub820t-1014686.html

Well I think I found the lowest price yet. Here's a 40 inch 4K TV for a hair under 18,000: http://www.lazada.co.th/tcl-led-tv-40-40s5600-1088823.html

It's from Lazada so I believe the shipping to your door is free also.

Is TCL a decent brand? I looked them up on Google and they appear to be Chinese.

Here's a bigger brand for 21,000: http://www.lazada.co.th/lg-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-42-42ub820t-1014686.html

You can buy a run-out 2014 model LG 40" 4K for even less than that smile.png

16,990 Baht: http://www.thedigitaldc.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_show_pro_detail&cid=41905&pid=306499

the 42" 2014 model can be had cheaper than Lazada too, 18.500 Baht: http://pj-hiend-digital.lnwshop.com/product/298/lg-ultra-hd-led-smart-digital-tv-42%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A7-42ub820t-%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%86-%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A2-0972108092

Good deal for a probably better brand!

How do you keep finding these deals? Are you a dealer?

What you think of TCL as a brand?

Good deal for a probably better brand!

How do you keep finding these deals? Are you a dealer?

What you think of TCL as a brand?

1) I search in Thai

2) TCL is a brand?

:P

January is always the best time, when all the manufactured overstock has to be cleared out.

Good to know, I think I know what I'll be making my next purchase then! I've been toughing out 2015 for prices to fall, but January 2016 I replace my 24 inch monitor with a nice new 4k in the 40 - 48" size range :-)