Two aircraft collide on apron at Yangon Airport

SeaVisionBurma

While taxiing the runway at Rangoon International Airport at about 6am on Monday morning, an A320 plane belonging to Golden Myanmar Airlines crashed into a stationary Myanmar Airways International (MAI) plane.

From DVB website

Golden-Myanmar.jpg

Photo: DVB

According to Aye Mra Thar, the marketing and public relations officer of MAI: “The Golden Myanmar aircraft was taxiing when it lost control due to a technical problem with its front gear, and it crashed into one of our aircraft.

“Our plane suffered substantial damage on the tail-side, but luckily no one was injured as it was parked,” said Aye Mra Thar.

View the full story here: Two planes crash at Rangoon Airport

This story has been running on pprune for the last couple of days.

Some more pictures to 'enjoy'! Hope their insurance is up to date...

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/537912-myanmar-bingle.html

Good photos, thanks for sharing link.

Oddly enough I thought about checking PPRuNe when I posted the link after Phazey told me about the bingle, but I didn't think that a Myanmar incident would be on there. Good to see even PPRuNe has their eyes in Yangon!

Airbus has had on going problems with their "Brake & Steering Control Computer" and if you do not have the latest Service Bulletin accomplished on the computer you can loose steering, but should have brakes. As a last resort you can stop the aircraft with reverse thrust. Once you stop you have to shutdown the engines to keep the aircraft from moving again.

Jerry

• Like 1

Airbus has had on going problems with their "Brake & Steering Control Computer" and if you do not have the latest Service Bulletin accomplished on the computer you can loose steering, but should have brakes. As a last resort you can stop the aircraft with reverse thrust. Once you stop you have to shutdown the engines to keep the aircraft from moving again.

Jerry

Or set the park brake....smile.png

Yeah well done, when i read the headline, i immediately thought of Tenerife

The headline put the shivers up me. That was an horrific incident in Tenerife, with a captain who although vastly experienced, thought he new best; I hope to never see the like again.