E-visa and Business Visa

Hi all.

After living in Thailand and having things not go so close to plan, I have decided Cambodia just might be the solution to my situation.

I have seen posts regarding the e-visa and l have had a look at the gov. website.

My questions are then is as I am 45 and living a very cheap retirement, can a business visa to Cambodia be done via the e-visa application? The "How to apply" directions and images tend to be more directed towards a tourist visa. If it can be done electronically, do I need any supportive documentation?

Secondly. If my first question isn't achievable, what are my next best options to achieve the business visa?

Thirdly. Is it possible for me to live in Cambodia long term on this business visa without investing any $$ or gaining employment?

Fourthly. I've seen that extensions after the initial 30 days of 6 to 12 months provide multiple entry as apposed to single entries for lesser periods. Is this true? Can the extension be done without leaving Cambodia?

And lastly. Once you achieve a business visa can I live indefinitely in Cambodia under the current visa regulations by just renewing it?

Thanks.

to get a "ordinary" ( business) visa u need fly in or arrive overland at Poi Pet,

it is is not available online as an evisa. http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

For those who wish to apply Business Visa, K-Visa or Diplomatic Visa, please contact your nearest Cambodian Embassy for more information.

anyone can get one ( for now) just ask for it when you arrive ( $25) an extend in country 3,6,12 months at any travel agent, ( 6 and 12 months extensions are mutilpe entry)

extend in country, you never have to leave or work.

Cambodia is not really any cheaper than thailand so if you cant afford up country in Thailand , Cambodia wont cut it either.

to get a "ordinary" ( business) visa u need fly in or arrive overland at Poi Pet,

it is is not available online as an evisa. http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

For those who wish to apply Business Visa, K-Visa or Diplomatic Visa, please contact your nearest Cambodian Embassy for more information.

anyone can get one ( for now) just ask for it when you arrive ( $25) an extend in country 3,6,12 months at any travel agent, ( 6 and 12 months extensions are mutilpe entry)

extend in country, you never have to leave or work.

Cambodia is not really any cheaper than thailand so if you cant afford up country in Thailand , Cambodia wont cut it either.

Hi and thanks for the info.

The reasons behind the post aren't to do with money. Living up country in Thailand may be on option if your over 50 but as I stated I'm 45 so I'm stuck in areas where schools can provide ed-visa's. It's more motivated by the less constrictive visa requirements to that of Thailand and having to pay money for tuition, immigration every 90 days for an ed-visa extension and re-entry permits. School may suggest a 1 year visa but you are only ever good for 90 days regardless. Yes Cambodia may not be any cheaper, but from what I have researched, its far more farang friendly financially and doesn't appear to continually have its hand out for the privilege of living there when your under 50.

Like I suggested. Thailand has lost its appeal.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Question: How soon can one apply for the 6 or 12 month extension after obtaining the 'ordinary' visa (I think it's called (E) on the application form)?

still forking over 100s of dollars for the extension so not much if any gain in visa costs. but much more convenient yes. major drawback is there are no sevens. and nowhere near the choice of edible food. still got fruits and rice though. eat as much 5 star chicken as you can before you cross the border, you are going to miss it..

Edited by Cow San Load

still forking over 100s of dollars for the extension so not much if any gain in visa costs. but much more convenient yes. major drawback is there are no sevens. and nowhere near the choice of edible food. still got fruits and rice though. eat as much 5 star chicken as you can before you cross the border, you are going to miss it..

Maybe not a gain in visa fees but what about the 800K you don't have to exchange and deposit? Must be worth something.

Let's face it, if Thailand had an unlimited extendable 1 year multiple entry for $280, regardless of your age, it would be mighty popular.

What, pray-tell, does a Thailand 7-11 - I have to assume that's what you are talking about? - have, that you cannot get anywhere else (including reasonable substitutions)?

As someone who has been visiting Cambodia for 10 years now, I do find your 'edible food' comment to be completely untrue. The one area where Cambodia is lacking is quality of fruits, imo, and I'd love to know why that is.

Cambodia's potential in many areas has not even been tapped yet. She could produce some great things.

• Like 1

She could produce some great things.

once they get rid of the current goverment, till than......

also plenty of eatable ( not great but) western food for under $6/dish in Phnom Phen, Shv an Siem Rep

how can you be sure a new govt would still have the same favourable visa rules? me i think not.

much more to cambo than Phnom Phen, Shv an Siem Rep, personally i have never been to the last two and on latest few trips spend as little time in PP as possible. anyhow its not western food that i eat in asia and neither do i pay close to 6$/dish for anything edible except perhaps a tray of durian occasionally.

i could care less about visa regulations;

i am looking at whats best for Cambodia and Cambodians and first on the list is a change of goverment ( not neccesarily Sam the man)

$6 is max for a good western dish, but many are in the $4-5 range, asian dishes ( poor second to Thailand) $2-4

U state u have never been to Shv or Siem Rep and spend little time in PP>

pray tell where do you go?

I have travelled over the whole country driving my own car except the far east which i plan on hitting this summer :-)

Lived in PP in 2008-09 and loved it

Edited by phuketrichard

much more to cambo than Phnom Phen, Shv an Siem Rep, personally i have never been to the last two [...]

Does this mean you have been to Cambodia several times/for a long time and left out Angkor Wat?