Bangkok: 3 Chinese sought in heist of rare 10mil baht Montblanc watch

webfact

CRIME
Three Chinese sought in heist of rare Mont Blanc watch

The Nation

30231690-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three Chinese suspects have left the country after allegedly stealing a Mont Blanc wristwatch worth over Bt10 million from a luxury shopping mall in the heart of Bangkok, Immigration Police Bureau chief Lt-General Panu Kerdlarpphol said yesterday.

The stolen item is the Villeret Bi-Cylindrique Tourbillon Model Number 106494. Its price tag is very high partly because there are only eight such timepieces in the world, and just one in Thailand.

"Their flight landed in Thailand very early on April 15 and they flew out of the country at 7.30pm on the same day," Panu said.

Security guards at Gaysorn Plaza told police at 3.15pm on Tuesday that three men, who looked Chinese, had stolen an expensive wristwatch from the Mont Blanc boutique.

"They should be in their 40s or 50s. They spoke Chinese," a sales assistant said.

Based on closed-circuit TV images, the suspects have been identified as Fajun He, Shaohua Ye and Zhenzu Wu.

"We will coordinate with the Chinese Embassy in requesting that these suspects are sent back to Thailand," Panu said.

Panu said the Immigration Bureau had blacklisted the men and police were in the process of obtaining arrest warrants.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-18

How did they identify the suspects just from the security footage? Does the immigration department have photos of all the tourists who come to Thailand, or what?

I'm not being skeptical, I'm just honestly curious how that works.

Som Nam Na, they deserve to lose that watch, as only dummkopf <deleted> of a sale's person

will take of his/her eyes from such a valuable piece even for a second knowing full well that

this countryis full of thieves and scammers from all parts of the world...

• Like 2

How did they identify the suspects just from the security footage? Does the immigration department have photos of all the tourists who come to Thailand, or what?

I'm not being skeptical, I'm just honestly curious how that works.

Yes. I believe that's what the yellow line and camera is for at arrivals.

• Like 1

Very fishy "robbery"......People working in this store were too incompetent to show and sell a $300,000 watch ...(hard to believe)....or..... this was an inside job.....(more probable)....and very well planned.

• Like 2

Very fishy "robbery"......People working in this store were too incompetent to show and sell a $300,000 watch ...(hard to believe)....or..... this was an inside job.....(more probable)....and very well planned.

Nar I belive they would show it, not caring about the price, only thinking of how much they would receive on commission if it was sold....

If caught they will get more than a slap on the wrist, they will get time.

Better watch it in future,and check their Movements.

On the face of it the BiB have it in hand.

They were SWISSLED, but wit a TICK we have to HAND it to them for it was a MASTERPIECE crime and didn't have to CLOCK on to do the job, I doubt they were Chinese, one of them looks like BIG BEN from London he only wanted the watch on STRAP for a while.

Not BALANCED this story -just a WIND UP. a JEWEL really.

• Like 1

If only the police could get their hands on that watch... They could buy a copy and return that instead.

But I'm sure that hasn't even crossed their minds :)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Who in their right state of mind would buy an expensive watch in Thailand ? Just about everything sold here is either a fake or shonky workmanship.

They even have fake Benz,Ferrari and Lamborghini's here. All with original decals.

It was probably a fake watch. A 10 million baht watch handed around by staff to Chinese budget tourists.? Yeah right.

Insurance scam?

Edited by jalansanitwong