Pattaya: Russian tourist kicked, arrested for sexual harassment

webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems so many replies try to justify the Russians behaviour, by attacking the womans reason for being on walking street at that hour ,with a child. She may have good reason, she could have been walking home from the baby sitters home , after finishing work. But there is no excuse for the Russians behaviour period.

I would be interested to know how this Thai lady communicated with the smirking Russian with reference for asking for an apology. I will assume she does not speak Russian.

Pity this story does not include a photo of the embarrassed lady.

If you can't drink and accept responsibility for (and control) your behavior, then either don't drink or stay home and do your drinking. And Walking Street, disreputable as it might be, at all times or at 4:30AM, is also no excuse for molestation. He's probably lucky a bunch of thai youths didn't happen to be hanging around...the story could've had a far more....."newsworthy" ending...

Disgusting behavior. bah.gif

But I'm surprised about this "A mother taking her 11 year old daughter for a walk on Walking street at 4.30am" blink.png

Do you really believe her side of the story?

Ever heard or met an upstanding Thai woman who takes her kid for a walk at 4:30am??

On walking street??? What was she trying to teach her? How to pick up drunk foreigners? And what to do if they do not agree to your asking price?

Perhaps she had just finished work, although walking up and down Walking St after is a bit of a bus-driver's holiday.

It is probably something similar to 'I needed money to buy powdered milk'.........

Still, no excuse for the guy's behaviour.

This is now becoming ridiculous.

A woman walking along the street with her daughter (regardless of the time) does not deserve to be groped.

There are a few sick posters on this thread who seem to hold the belief that some women deserve to be raped (the old 'she was asking for it' excuse).

I wonder how Pattaya28 and Pralaad would react if this happened to a close female relative.

Mods, can we please have the obvious trolls banned.

Edited by Rimmer
Qquoted reply of removed post removed
  • Like 2

Will those having issues with the lady being on Walking Street at 4am with her daughter please enlighten me, is there something I am missing here?

Thanks,

NL

Would you take your daughter or niece for a walk to walkingstreet 04:30 AM ?????????????

What kind of parent does that ????

Answering a question with a question is not answering the question now is it?

Try again.

Thanks!

NL

And sometimes it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

Will those having issues with the lady being on Walking Street at 4am with her daughter please enlighten me, is there something I am missing here?

Thanks,

NL

Would you take your daughter or niece for a walk to walkingstreet 04:30 AM ?????????????

No i wouldn't but then i am not Thai ,but even if i did (and i was a woman) i would not expect some drunk to start grabbing my breasts in front of my 11 year old daughter. or is that normal where many of the commentators on here live?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks,

NL

Its better than letting her go there by herself........................coffee1.gif

Regardless of the time & location, this Russian scumbag's behavior was disgusting and a criminal act. Doesn't matter if it was at 4:30AM on Walking Street or 4:30PM at Siam Paragon, it's WRONG and ILLEGAL to grab a women's breast!

If you want to do that, go inside the bar and hire a lady to do that. Otherwise, it's sexual assault.

I can't believe some of you farangs here at ThaiVisa accually defend these Russian tourist!

Who defended the russian?

The russian was an A-hole but that doesn't mean the woman's behaviour was ok.

What did the mother do that was wrong? Why bring up the fact that she was on Walking Street at 4:30?

That is totally legal. Not everyone on Walking Street is participating in sex for money. You've seen groups of friends & family walking up & down the street. I've seen many Russian families along with their kids on Walking Street late at night too.

Sounds like many of you folks are implying that the mother somehow deserved to be assaulted.

This Russian animal got off easy.

I believe what he is saying is that if you chose to spend your time in the brothel, you should not be surprised when opposite sex believes you are a prostitute and not a very successful one at that, if you still out at 4:30am.

Its only been a few hours since i left Walking street, but i do not recall seeing any shopping malls or toy stores or ice cream shops which open at 4amthumbsup.gif

The lady was not in a brothel, she was walking along a public road with her daughter for which she may have had a very good reason. This report is about an alleged sexual assault on a lady in a public place, nothing else.

But I'm surprised about this "A mother taking her 11 year old daughter for a walk on Walking street at 4.30am" blink.png

This is a good example of"Thainess".

And your post is a good example of daftness.

Edited by MMarlow

So let's spin this around.

I'm walking down Walking Street, mid section, when a LadyBoy grabs my "crown-jewels".

Should I go straight to the police and report this (as the 4.30A.M. Thai lady with 11 year-old did) as an assault ? Would that LadyBoy be arrested ? Or would I be laughed off Walking Street ?

The outraged posters should rethink.

But I still want to know how this Thai lady could have been embarrassed ? Embarrassed by what ? Who is she ? Who does she think she is ?

Embarrassed by being publicly sexually assaulted perhaps? What does is matter who she is? What do you mean by 'who does she think she is'? Maybe she thinks she's someone who has a right to walk anywhere without fear of having her breasts fondled by a drunk. Nothing unreasonable about that.

Anybody thought she might of actually had a market stall or similar and was walking to work? Market stalls are set up before sunrise in many locations.

Walking Street has markets?

No, but it is street that people can walk along as a method to get somewhere else. Why don't you stop being a complete bonehead ?

Edited by MMarlow

Anybody thought she might of actually had a market stall or similar and was walking to work? Market stalls are set up before sunrise in many locations.

There used to be a very good Sea Food market at the end of Walking Street near Bali Hai, but I'm not sure if it's still there as I haven't been to Walking Street in over a Year.

http://goo.gl/maps/GWd8d

Edited by MJCM

I believe what he is saying is that if you chose to spend your time in the brothel, you should not be surprised when opposite sex believes you are a prostitute and not a very successful one at that, if you still out at 4:30am.

Its only been a few hours since i left Walking street, but i do not recall seeing any shopping malls or toy stores or ice cream shops which open at 4amthumbsup.gif

The lady was not in a brothel, she was walking along a public road with her daughter for which she may have had a very good reason. This report is about an alleged sexual assault on a lady in a public place, nothing else.

You right, Walking street at 4;30 am is not a brothel but a pathway to church.

All the gogo bars, ladyboys and hookers standing on the streets are in fact preaches helping one find its true wayblink.png

• Like 2

There used to be a very good Sea Food market at the end of Walking Street near Bali Hai, but I'm not sure if it's still there as I haven't been to Walking Street in over a Year.

http://goo.gl/maps/GWd8d

There also use to be dinosaur's walking the earththumbsup.gif

Thanks,

NL

A walk down that street at 4am should enlighten you.

No, but it is street that people can walk along as a method to get somewhere else. Why don't you stop being a complete bonehead ?

To get from one brothel to another? or looking for the nearest toy store?

I will test out my theory.

Tonight I will lurk, mid-section, in Walking Street.

When I get "groped" by a random LadyBoy, I will 1. ask for an apology 2. go to the police and claim I've been assaulted 3. see if the attacker is arrested 4. get looked at by the police as if I'm a spaceman

Yes, that part seemed strange. "A mother taking her 11 year old daughter for a walk on Walking street at 4.30am"

Perhaps walking home after finishing work... whatever that work in the Walking Street vicinity might be...

Well, if the gropers like this halfwit are going to continue their thing, thinking they have the right to question the motives of any locals they happen to find on the street a 4AM, I have a suspicion other locals will see to it that matters get put right, sooner or later. I imagine this particular jerk got off easy, being hauled off to the police station where he probably just had a short timeout, paid a fine, and was allowed to scamper off...

Discounting all of the inane and largely incoherent and asinine comments from some of the people who participate in this forum, it seems that we are looking for a trade-off between a Utopian world where things are as we would like them to be, versus a real world inhabited by the denizens who actually inhabit it, and who contribute to make it the murky, and altogether unpleasant place which it largely is. That is why there are Laws, surely?

However, If we say that the protagonists in this particular case both deserve and have a right to the benefit of the doubt (as jurisprudence in the Western world would certainly demand), then do we not, nevertheless, believe that any citizen, in any country, has a right to go about their law-abiding movements without interference from another person? Is this not what civilisation, and the law, is all about?

Can anyone argue against this?

Edited by Rimmer
general flame

Lot's of comments about the time of the incident being the most important issue. Amazing how many people assume the "facts" in the story are true. In any local news it is more than likely that many of the facts are just made up by the writer (or editor) of the story. The post below is copied from another forum and i don't vouch for it's authenticity but any random poster on the internet has more credibility than a Pattaya Beach "journalist"

"The lady in question is a friend my wife. It was not 4:30 but 11:30. The mother & daughter had just left festivities at temple on South Pattaya and decided to walk down Walking St before going home. The russian approached her and grabbed her tits several times. Her daughter started to cry. She asked the russian to apologize. He refused. She started kicking and someone called police. He was still in jail at 23:00 last night."

• Like 1