Pattaya: Russian tourist kicked, arrested for sexual harassment

webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of comments about the time of the incident being the most important issue. Amazing how many people assume the "facts" in the story are true. In any local news it is more than likely that many of the facts are just made up by the writer (or editor) of the story. The post below is copied from another forum and i don't vouch for it's authenticity but any random poster on the internet has more credibility than a Pattaya Beach "journalist"

"The lady in question is a friend my wife. It was not 4:30 but 11:30. The mother & daughter had just left festivities at temple on South Pattaya and decided to walk down Walking St before going home. The russian approached her and grabbed her tits several times. Her daughter started to cry. She asked the russian to apologize. He refused. She started kicking and someone called police. He was still in jail at 23:00 last night."

Thats really interesting.

That temple is called Wat Chai(in short)

It turns into a car park after about 20:00pm and considering monks must go sleep early and be up early, it is even more interesting that your wives friend was at temple celebrating festivities after all monks were asleep and temple itself transformed into a car park.

It is even more interesting that temple would hold festivities NOT only afterhours but also few days after the new year.

So you are right, you and your wife along with her friend have much more credibility that the source itself.

By the way, how do you know he was still in jail last night? did you go to visit him?whistling.gif

Regardless of the time & location, this Russian scumbag's behavior was disgusting and a criminal act. Doesn't matter if it was at 4:30AM on Walking Street or 4:30PM at Siam Paragon, it's WRONG and ILLEGAL to grab a women's breast!

If you want to do that, go inside the bar and hire a lady to do that. Otherwise, it's sexual assault.

I can't believe some of you farangs here at ThaiVisa accually defend these Russian tourist!

nobody is defending tHis moron, they are asking why a mother would have her daughter in a red light district at 4.30am, as indeed I do. Learn to read.

Regardless of the time & location, this Russian scumbag's behavior was disgusting and a criminal act. Doesn't matter if it was at 4:30AM on Walking Street or 4:30PM at Siam Paragon, it's WRONG and ILLEGAL to grab a women's breast!

If you want to do that, go inside the bar and hire a lady to do that. Otherwise, it's sexual assault.

I can't believe some of you farangs here at ThaiVisa accually defend these Russian tourist!

nobody is defending tHis moron, they are asking why a mother would have her daughter in a red light district at 4.30am, as indeed I do. Learn to read.

Ableguy, you're unable to comprehend. You need to learn to read. The mother doesn't need to give any reason as to why she was on Walking Street at 4:30AM. That is totally besides the point. It's as if members here are trying to rationalize this Russian animal's behavior. I've been to Walking Street many times. As I already stated, not everyone on Walking Street is participating in sex for money. I've seen tons of tourist with their children on Walking Street late at night. It's no big deal.

Also as another poster mentioned, it's possible that the mother was starting work early to set up her shop for day time business. There are tons of vendors open in the day time on Walking Street and they often have to set up shop very early and yes they often bring their children.

Folks, shut up already about her being on Walking Street at 4:30! She isn't breaking any law and has every right to be there and not everyone there is participating as sex workers. Bringing it up is basically making an excuse for this Russian animal's behavior. Get over yourselves people!

Geez!

Ableguy, you're unable to comprehend. You need to learn to read. The mother doesn't need to give any reason as to why she was on Walking Street at 4:30AM. That is totally besides the point. It's as if members here are trying to rationalize this Russian animal's behavior. I've been to Walking Street many times. As I already stated, not everyone on Walking Street is participating in sex for money. I've seen tons of tourist with their children on Walking Street late at night. It's no big deal.

Also as another poster mentioned, it's possible that the mother was starting work early to set up her shop for day time business. There are tons of vendors open in the day time on Walking Street and they often have to set up shop very early and yes they often bring their children.

Folks, shut up already about her being on Walking Street at 4:30! She isn't breaking any law and has every right to be there and not everyone there is participating as sex workers. Bringing it up is basically making an excuse for this Russian animal's behavior. Get over yourselves people!

Geez!

Why do not you tell me exactly how many kids you have seen out with mothers at 4:30am on Walking Street?

And also do tell me exactly what business on Walking Street opens up at 5am?

You have stated "not everyone on Walking Street participating in sex for money" Do tell me how you have arrived at that conclusion?, You approached everyone and offered money? Really curious to find this out, especially for those out on Walking at 4am.

And finally, please do post for me witness statements or perhaps a video or anything at all what "Russian Animal" did.

If you can not, please stop spouting nonsense and remember god gave man head to think not just to grow hair on.

Geez!

Why do not you tell me exactly how many kids you have seen out with mothers at 4:30am on Walking Street?

And also do tell me exactly what business on Walking Street opens up at 5am?

You have stated "not everyone on Walking Street participating in sex for money" Do tell me how you have arrived at that conclusion?, You approached everyone and offered money? Really curious to find this out, especially for those out on Walking at 4am.

And finally, please do post for me witness statements or perhaps a video or anything at all what "Russian Animal" did.

If you can not, please stop spouting nonsense and remember god gave man head to think not just to grow hair on.

Once again, no reason needs to be given. She has that right and didn't deserve to be attacked by that Russian animal. You're getting your undies in a wad over a fragment written by the poor reporting in this story.

Would I have my kid out at 4:30AM on Walking Street? No, but then again, I'm not a poor working class Thai that operates a shop that is dependent on all the high foot traffic from tourist on Walking Street. Also some operations such as 7Eleven are 24 hours. Maybe her shift started early. Who knows? Who cares? Any way you slice it, she didn't deserve to be attacked. For some twisted reason, you continue to spout nonsense by implying that she contributed to her being assaulted by this Russian animal.

If this is truly your line of reasoning, do society a favor and stay inside an troll internet forums where you cause no harm to anyone.

Once again, no reason needs to be given. She has that right and didn't deserve to be attacked by that Russian animal. You're getting your undies in a wad over a fragment written by the poor reporting in this story.

Would I have my kid out at 4:30AM on Walking Street? No, but then again, I'm not a poor working class Thai that operates a shop that is dependent on all the high foot traffic from tourist on Walking Street. Also some operations such as 7Eleven are 24 hours. Maybe her shift started early. Who knows? Who cares? Any way you slice it, she didn't deserve to be attacked. For some twisted reason, you continue to spout nonsense by implying that she contributed to her being assaulted by this Russian animal.

If this is truly your line of reasoning, do society a favor and stay inside an troll internet forums where you cause no harm to anyone.

LOL, so for the 3rd time, show evidence what "Russian Animal" did whistling.gif ???

7-11 open 24 hours and shifts do not start at 5am, nor does company policy allow kids to be at work with you, nor do they have bring the kids day.

Have you got any more bright ideas?

Edited by Pralaad

LOL, so for the 3rd time, show evidence what "Russian Animal" did whistling.gif ???

7-11 open 24 hours and shifts do not start at 5am, nor does company policy allow kids to be at work with you, nor do they have bring the kids day.

WOW, you really don't get it.

How about this, give us some scenarios in which you think it's appropriate to just randomly grab a woman's breast who is a complete stranger walking down the street.

I'd like to hear your justification for this Russian animals behavior.

I'm all ears.

Edited by 3SoiDogNight

I think that your friend spent a day in jail and had to pay 20k Baht, plus make an apology, is pretty good evidence that he did something wrong. Also the incident did not happen at 4:30 am it was 11:30 at night but the time of day is not the point. The point is that your friend is a complete idiot and got off lightly.

• Like 1

Nobody's business, NOBODY'S, including this Russian (or any other) perv's business, including anyone else's here, what a thai lady was doing on Walking Street at 4:30AM, 11:30PM, or two in afternoon! With or without child. She CERTAINLY owes no explanation OR justification to some drunk Russian tourist! If the woman made the whole story up (which really doesn't make much sense - there had to be SOME provocation), that's another matter, but STILL gives no one there or here the right to question her being where she was. Only the terminally arrogant would even think to do so, but then again, SOME think arrogance a positive virtue... you know, like in the comics. (...a personality disorder which BTW usually finds a cure sooner or later in Thailand.)

• Like 1

I really love the kangaroo court that exists here in TV land… the Russian purportedly did the wrong thing full stop end of story.. just because the lady concerned had her daughter with her in the wee hours of the morning is totally besides the point and inconsequential to the Russians alleged actions….

How can we know and judge this lady just because she had her daughter with her.. perhaps her husband or boyfriend was working in a night club had too much to drink and called for her to come get him … doing the right thing she bought her daughter rather than leaving her in the house alone.. perhaps her daughter would accompany her Mum work during this holiday season as her partner was up country visiting relatives…..

I once took my 12 year old daughter to 7/11 near walking street at 5 am as I needed coffee and I was only one looking after her….. does this make me subject to suspicion or discussion as to my merits as a person…..

What a bunch of cynical judgemental armchair dwellers we have here…….

Speaking of kangaroo court, please post video or photo or witness statements confirming Russian purportedly did the wrong or did anything at all, please dowhistling.gif

You took your daughter to 7/11 at 5am? so i have a question

Should not 12 year old be asleep in her bed at 5am? or are you that much of a good parent who thinks 12 year old should be dragged to 7/11 at 5 am because YOU needed coffee?

Pralaad it would pay for you to read and try and comprehend posts before you venture forth with your keyboard. I have made no statements or declarations on the Russians actions and so why would you ask me to post evidence/ witness statements…my post if you read it and I understand english may not be your first or even second language is simply about the judgemental attitudes on this board concerning the fact that the lady concerned is being judged and castigated by mere fact she had her daughter with her in the early hours of the morning.

As to my daughter thank you for your question. I neither have any interest in response nor intend to justify my actions to you.

• Like 1

Some posters here seem "outraged" that the Russian "dared" manhandle the Thai Ladys' breasts.

What do these "outraged" posters think about the LadyBoys grabbing foreign males, including Russians, by the "meat-and-2-veg" ??

The kind of Thai lady that frequents Walking Street at 4.30 in the morning, with a young child that should be in bed, probably deserved what was served up.

Disgusting remark.

Seconded kaldoverde

I really love the kangaroo court that exists here in TV land… the Russian purportedly did the wrong thing full stop end of story.. just because the lady concerned had her daughter with her in the wee hours of the morning is totally besides the point and inconsequential to the Russians alleged actions….

How can we know and judge this lady just because she had her daughter with her.. perhaps her husband or boyfriend was working in a night club had too much to drink and called for her to come get him … doing the right thing she bought her daughter rather than leaving her in the house alone.. perhaps her daughter would accompany her Mum work during this holiday season as her partner was up country visiting relatives…..

I once took my 12 year old daughter to 7/11 near walking street at 5 am as I needed coffee and I was only one looking after her….. does this make me subject to suspicion or discussion as to my merits as a person…..

What a bunch of cynical judgemental armchair dwellers we have here…….

You were the only one looking after her ?? But you were not with her.

Obviously you did a good job thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gifclap2.gif

What ???? Might you be better off on a forum where they speak your language ??? Just saying

• Like 2

Yes, of course he was out of line. Disgraceful Russian, being drunk with his friends at that place and time while Mothers are "taking their children for a walk". Don't get me wrong, sexual harassment is wrong and should be illegal.

I've been to Davao, Boracay, Dongguan, Bangla, Patpong etc at 4 am. Walking st at that time is the worst place a mother could take her young daughter "for a walk" on the planet.

Disgusting behavior. bah.gif

But I'm surprised about this "A mother taking her 11 year old daughter for a walk on Walking street at 4.30am" blink.png

This is a good example of"Thainess".

And your post is a good example of daftness.

Sorry I stand corrected...your a perfect example of Thainess :} Edited by mdmayes

But I'm surprised about this "A mother taking her 11 year old daughter for a walk on Walking street at 4.30am" blink.png

Obviously, having only recently awoke, they were on their way to the main street to seek transport to the temple for morning prayer.

Obviously, having only recently awoke, they were on their way to the main street to seek transport to the temple for morning prayer.

Maybe biggrin.png , but there are also could be a lot of other possibilities to consider thumbsup.gif

Maybe biggrin.png , but there are also could be a lot of other possibilities to consider thumbsup.gif

Duh, you think? And, they don't all have to be bad either.