BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
ultimate weapon

Why do thai food courts require cash cards and not direct payment?

In my country you just pay cash direct to the seller.

I wonder is it due to some problem?

Example of a cash card when you need to buy food

post-566-0-81640500-1397905976_thumb.jpg

It is also a food hygiene issue. Food handlers should not be handling/keeping money in food preparation area. In a restaurant kitchen is separated.

• Like 1

It is also a food hygiene issue. Food handlers should not be handling/keeping money in food preparation area. In a restaurant kitchen is separated.

Well considering the usual food hygiene issues in Thailand I doubt that it was the real reason for it.

Edit: In Vienna where food hygiene is excellent are small shops that sell hot sausage or Pizza or Kebab on the street and they of course take cash money.

Edited by h90
  • Like 2

I have caught the cashiers at the likes of Tesco short changing customers all the time, its no wonder they remove cash from them as much as possible.

Oz

• Like 1

I have caught the cashiers at the likes of Tesco short changing customers all the time, its no wonder they remove cash from them as much as possible.

Oz

I've been short changed twice by banks. Reform begins at the bottom, but nobody is willing to be the first

Well considering the usual food hygiene issues in Thailand I doubt that it was the real reason for it.

Edit: In Vienna where food hygiene is excellent are small shops that sell hot sausage or Pizza or Kebab on the street and they of course take cash money.

Handling money and serving food is one of the biggest hygiene concerns there is so vienna is actually worse than the Thai food vendors

I also fail to understand your views on food hygiene matters in Thailand ? I have had more problems with dodgy food back in the Uk than I have ever had here

• Like 2

It's all about hygiene factors. Touching money with the same hand touching the food.. no thanks. I love this way of food courts, where we need to pay with cards.

• Like 1

they dont trust em!

• Like 1

Oz

I've been short changed twice by banks. Reform begins at the bottom, but nobody is willing to be the first

Go ahead and tell them you were shortchanged the next time it happens.