Red Lion And O Malleys

mistymateasia68

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does The Pub rate in all of this, I find it friendly, nice lasses behind the bar and good food. Mine hosts is a sociable guy who seems to have his punters best interests at heart. Car parking aplenty and then as a bonus there's Dot and Tom!!

Used to be my local eons ago, but might have to give it a try again, as it's withing stumbling distance :o I wondered where "Dot & Carry One" had ended up :D

How does The Pub rate in all of this, I find it friendly, nice lasses behind the bar and good food. Mine hosts is a sociable guy who seems to have his punters best interests at heart. Car parking aplenty and then as a bonus there's Dot and Tom!!

Used to be my local eons ago, but might have to give it a try again, as it's withing stumbling distance :o I wondered where "Dot & Carry One" had ended up :D

While on the subject of goods and bads, Has the Bears Den closed??/ go by there frequently and the gate always seems to be closed.??

While on the subject of goods and bads, Has the Bears Den closed??/ go by there frequently and the gate always seems to be closed.??

I made the mistake of going in there early one evening in a pair of shorts. The mossies had a field day, and I was sat in at the bar. Don't know if its closed, may well be.

Perhaps the staff at O'Malley's learnt the fine art of being little turds from their Canadian boss Scott.

I've known him for a few years and always found him to be a friendly social sort of person. I must assume that BB is a business rival.

Perhaps the staff at O'Malley's learnt the fine art of being little turds from their Canadian boss Scott.

I've known him for a few years and always found him to be a friendly social sort of person. I must assume that BB is a business rival.

BB, to my knowledge, doesn't have any competitive business here Lamphun, and was just giving an opinion that is shared by many.

Perhaps the staff at O'Malley's learnt the fine art of being little turds from their Canadian boss Scott

I couldn't possibly comment on that!!!!!!!!!!

Though I have seen him in there on several occasions, I have never had him say as much as good evening/day to me. As I said earlier though, if thats the way he wants to run his buisness then so be it. I doubt he will have my custom again though.

I don't mind if a restaurant owner doesn't come right over and kiss my butt. I'm not trying to be friends with him. I just want to have some good food.

It comes naturally to some people to really treat a customer well (Dominic at Laughing Lephrecan) and I enjoy it if it feels sincere, but it is not something that I demand.

However, it looks like some people do. :o

So you have decided its time for a late night pint and dont want to do a 50 mile walk around town... where would be your next stomping ground. :o

Assuming you have just arrived and you hit the R.L at say 10-00pm and an hour later ...following 3-5 wet ones you shift to the paddys O"Ms in Anusan and again assuming after yet another couple of elbow jerks you are in the mood for a final "swally" .....wheres next.....of that gendre... not in the mood for the likes of Spottis or Jucy Lucys place....or the red fanny wagon...... :D

> you are in the mood for a final "swally" .....wheres next.....of that

> gendre... not in the mood for the likes of Spottis or Jucy Lucys place....

> or the red fanny wagon.....

English please? What's "Spottis or Jucy Lucys place....or the red fanny wagon.." ?

I've only been here 12 years, bare with me.

I haven’t been to The Pub in a long time and I’m unfamiliar with “Tom and Dot” is this some sort of cockney rhyming slang and if so for what? :o

Still open in the evenings and possible the single greatest asset of the place is Chicken (or should that be assets) always a great welcome but then again they are not particularly busy when ever I’ve popped in for a beer so moe on after a quiet one or two.

I haven’t been to The Pub in a long time and I’m unfamiliar with “Tom and Dot” is this some sort of cockney rhyming slang and if so for what?

Tom and Dot are an English retired couple, often referred to as Dot and Carry One

I haven’t been to The Pub in a long time and I’m unfamiliar with “Tom and Dot” is this some sort of cockney rhyming slang and if so for what?

Tom and Dot are an English retired couple, often referred to as Dot and Carry One

Not wishing to sound toooo stupid but why “Carry One”?

I don't mind if a restaurant owner doesn't come right over and kiss my butt. I'm not trying to be friends with him. I just want to have some good food.

It comes naturally to some people to really treat a customer well (Dominic at Laughing Lephrecan) and I enjoy it if it feels sincere, but it is not something that I demand.

However, it looks like some people do.

I too do not "require my butt kissed" as you put it, however, an occasional " Thank you, good night" after spending my hard earned money in there, (I only used to go in to have a drink rather than to eat), would be a nice civil touch, don't you think? With the demise of the seafood restaurant across from the place I doubt very much whether they will see me again.

I'm sure that the owner there is not too bothered either.

why does no one ever mention these two great pubs in cnx

General opinion seems to be that they are not as great as they used to be. Or maybe the competition just got better and they were left behind. Nothing personal but I certainly prefer other establishments than dirty badly staffed bars.

However, it looks like some people do.

I too do not "require my butt kissed" as you put it, however, an occasional " Thank you, good night" after spending my hard earned money in there, (I only used to go in to have a drink rather than to eat), would be a nice civil touch, don't you think?

I agree with you there, but some posters seem to require that anyone who sells them anything has to pretend to be a friend as well.

To me, that seems way beyond the call of duty. :o

The Queen Vic. Hands down the best Guiness in town. Pop by and have one with Ian the manager, nice bloke..

Seem to remember having a beer with him about 2 years ago in....think.. the Nelson in Patti.

Was on a study tour or summit...looking for the great greb/flying buttress.They can only be found in quite unspoilt parts of the world...hence sois..6-7-8.... :o

Pity the information being presented here indicates the presence of long-held grudges. Mam has been gone from O'Malley's for nearly a year and Rosie left Red Lion nearly 5 years ago! If you do not wish your unwelcome advance to be spurned, Loi Kroh is indeed a far better place "to be served." :o

Pity the information being presented here indicates the presence of long-held grudges.

Well the expats who've been here for years tend not to forget. Apologies to Blinky Bob, I thought mistakenly that he might be that Aussie mutt bar owner from moon muang. Looking back over his old posts I realise I was mistaken. I probably know him but can't quite match up his stories to a face.

A good game for the Chiang Mai forum might be "Guess the long term farang".

Well the expats who've been here for years tend not to forget. Apologies to Blinky Bob, I thought mistakenly that he might be that Aussie mutt bar owner from moon muang. Looking back over his old posts I realise I was mistaken. I probably know him but can't quite match up his stories to a face.

That's exactly what davidgtr and I were doing after dinner last week. We picked "Blinky Bill in one! He is Australian, but hasn't been here for some time, and never had a bar in Moon Muang. There are three that spring to mind though Lamphun :D Two have since departed leaving one, who to my knowledge doesn't post on TV. He's a pillock anyway :D Oops, just thought of another, and he posts on here too.

It really is amazing how much of a poster's character comes across in their posts. I think we got about five for the evening. We even got one that is using two nicks :D

Over to you Lamphun :o

Pity the information being presented here indicates the presence of long-held grudges.

Who are you talking about?

Probably the same fellow MJM is refering to. He's too dumb to use a computer so I doubt he's posting here.

I'll start the game then

Blinky Bill - ex cop (Am I getting warm ?)

Edited by lamphun

Probably the same fellow MJM is refering to. He's too dumb to use a computer so I doubt he's posting here.

I'll start the game then

Blinky Bill - ex cop (Am I getting warm ?)

I've PM'd you Lamphun :o

fess up! :D

What ever happened to Allen from Perth who used to run the Overlander Bar on Moon Muang Road about 15 years ago?

He was a true Ozzie gentleman. :o

that was the guy allen bailly,before the overlander he had the lovebirds bar,some one told me he had a coffee shop by the hot springs chaingmai /chaingrai road,someone else said he was living in pattaya.

(werever he his,good luck to him)

What ever happened to Allen from Perth who used to run the Overlander Bar on Moon Muang Road about 15 years ago?

He was a true Ozzie gentleman. :o

that was the guy allen bailly,before the overlander he had the lovebirds bar,some one told me he had a coffee shop by the hot springs chaingmai /chaingrai road,someone else said he was living in pattaya.

Allen Bailey was a drunken abusive ###### that has since passed on, Are you sure you are not confusing him with the other Allen that owned the Overlander that came from Perth? He actually was a very nice guy.

He was a true Ozzie gentleman. :D

Allen Bailey was a drunken abusive ###### that has since passed on, Are you sure you are not confusing him with the other Allen that owned the Overlander that came from Perth? He actually was a very nice guy.

I was talking about the drunken, Ozzie, Klu Klux Klan type( he hated pretty much EVERYBODY) who bought his wife for 4,000 baht from a Hill Tribe family and was the original owner of the Overlander. What a character.

He went to Pattaya for a while and then used to see him drunk as skunk in front of True Blue several years ago and he claimed to have built a hotel out in the boonies somewhere, but he seems to have vanished.

Sounds like he has gone on to meet his maker. :o

He was a true Ozzie gentleman. :D

I was talking about the drunken, Ozzie, Klu Klux Klan type( he hated pretty much EVERYBODY) who bought his wife for 4,000 baht from a Hill Tribe family and was the original owner of the Overlander. What a character.

He went to Pattaya for a while and then used to see him drunk as skunk in front of True Blue several years ago and he claimed to have built a hotel out in the boonies somewhere, but he seems to have vanished.

Sounds like he has gone on to meet his maker. :o

Ah yes now you're talking about "sip-et" Bailey. But my info is that he was still alive & tickering around in Pattaya. Now he was a character. And yes he did build a "resort" (dump?) out on R1035 south of Wang Nua. But then there was Howard from the Welshman's Bar, plus pommy Mark from the Karen Hut, & at one stage all in town running their own bars. Talk about personable gentlemanly publicans- Sip-et Bailey, Mark, & The Welshman - livening up Cnx city every night.