Boules/Petanque balls - where to buy in Phuket?

simon43

After enjoying games of boules whilst working in Luang Prabang (Laos) last year, I am creating a boules court at my new guesthouse. The court is almost ready, but I need to buy a set of 'boules'.

Any ideas where to buy these?

Thanks - Simon

• Like 1

Sapan Hin at Town have also plenty of players I guess every night, at least in the weekends.

Once stopped there to ask the question. IIRC they mentioned that sports shop at Central Festival sells the balls.

When buying the balls, it's good to remember that there is a large quality scale of the metals used for the balls. Some don't get rust after 20 years, some will have brownish color within a year.

After enjoying games of boules whilst working in Luang Prabang (Laos) last year, I am creating a boules court at my new guesthouse. The court is almost ready, but I need to buy a set of 'boules'.

Thanks - Simon

You can get the sets at the school shop just down from Chalong circle, just past Siam commercial bank on the same side!!

Called Chilipan or something very similar.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Alwayssunny

Another fan! It's very popular here in Chiang Mai.

We also have a 'court' at our homestay and I spent ages trying to find them here. Eventually I had a friend bring set of eight over from England.... no small favour given how much they weigh and would you believe it about two weeks later Big C started selling them in sets of three.

So try there. thumbsup.gif

Thanks - Simon

You can get the sets at the school shop just down from Chalong circle, just past Siam commercial bank on the same side!!

Called Chilipan or something very similar.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Julapan, excellent place for all school stuff etc.

Excellent! Many suggestions. I will go and get my boules, a glass of decent red wine, some stinky cheese and I'm sorted for a nice game of Boules.

Magnifique!!

Well, maybe not 'stinky' cheese. Ripe Brie or Camembert would be the correct way to say it. Mmmm ... off to my fridge to get some Brie out to ripen. I have a couple of bottles of red wine in the fridge - decent ...mmmm I think not so decent.