What's the meaning of "Farang Dong" ?

Danielsiam

• 4 months later...
On 5/26/2014 at 11:55 PM, napawan28 said:

post-192263-14011230358552_thumb.jpg

In the right is fresh guava (or farang in Thai) and in the left is pickled guava (or farang dong)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sapalot....Dong to me means penis as lao ya dong. White whisky with aphrodisiac qualities

• 4 weeks later...

ดอง dong means simply "related by marriage", เกียวดอง giao dong means "to have relationship or affinity by marriage"

It becomes simple all of a sudden and should make everyone agree by its pure logic that erases a lot of nonsense at the same time!?

16 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

ดอง dong means simply "related by marriage", เกียวดอง giao dong means "to have relationship or affinity by marriage"

It becomes simple all of a sudden and should make everyone agree by its pure logic that erases a lot of nonsense at the same time!?

I'm ashamed this answer was given already, had I seen it it would have avoided me the pain to write a single word in Thai with my computer, :smile: with my iPhone it's easier but with the computer, it takes me 2 minutes to find a single Thai letter :sad:

On 5/9/2015 at 12:11 PM, Tchooptip said:

I have never heard "dtong" as a short form for "ting dtong", never, so why for falang dtong? Really I doubt it

Maybe a car beeped it's horn as she said the dting part and it wasn't heard. 

On 4/8/2015 at 3:11 PM, Mole said:

Although "khaek" แขก by itself is usually used in a derogatory context, "khaek khao" แขกขาว is actually a compliment. This is normal term to describe somebody who has "Indian/Arab" looks, but more of the "Aryan Indian/Arab/Turkish" with whiter skin, pronounced nose, rather than just "khaek", which usually just mean the typical darker skinned Indian/Bangladesh/Tamil people.

So, if somebody who describe your daughter that she looks like "khaek khao", this should certainly be taken as a compliment.

You can say that "khaek khao" is used as compliment to describe somebody who has handsome or beautiful "Indian/Arab" appearance, while if one just describe somebody as looking just as "khaek", it would mean somebody who has "ugly" "Indian/Arab" appearance (if you know what I mean).

เจ๊ก "jek" nowadays is a rather archaic term and not really used anymore. I guess it may be because so many people in Thailand has partly Chinese ancestry and so integrated into Thai society that the Thais with Chinese ancestry is synonymous with being Thai, so this group of people aren't really being discriminated anymore.

what has any of this got to do with ?Farang Dong

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2018 at 10:27 PM, The manic said:

Sapalot....Dong to me means penis as lao ya dong. White whisky with aphrodisiac qualities

So besides you have zero comprehension of the Thai language, I guess you are getting dong meaning penis from Western slang. Dong in Thai is pickled or preserved where the <deleted> do you get penis from. Lao ya dong literally is whiskey medicine pickled.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:14 AM, Thaidream said:

The correct answer for what Farang Dong means is -a Westerner who looks low class and acts and speaks the same way.  Riff Raff comes closest to the exact meaning. 

oh, talk about revelation, i always thought the 'dong' was referring to my penis

Archived