Pregnant woman kicked off her motorbike, sexually assaulted in northern Phuket

webfact

Pregnant woman kicked off her motorbike, sexually assaulted in northern Phuket
Phuket Gazette

1_20144221154925_KkBPBoYbfTQTKAVQxJByQKh
The victim was kicked off her bike on a dark stretch of road in Mai Khao. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- Two men kicked a pregnant woman off her motorcycle, causing her to break a leg, then dragged her off the road and raped and robbed her in Mai Khao on Sunday night.

The 25-year-old woman is five months pregnant. She was riding home alone from her job as a convenience store cashier when the attack occurred at about 10:30pm on a dark stretch of road between Mai Khao temple and Thepkrasattri Road.

When rescued, the victim was in shock and unable to tell police much about the incident.

“She said that two men rode alongside her and the passenger kicked her bike over. She broke her leg in the fall,” Lt Santi Prakobkarn of Tah Chat Chai Police told the Phuket Gazette.

“They dragged her and her motorbike into the underbrush next to the road and both men raped her. She told them she was pregnant and begged them to stop, but they ignored her,” Lt Santi said.

After the men robbed her of her cash and mobile phone, they fled. The woman then dragged herself to the roadside, where a passing motorist saw her and called the police. Rescue workers took her to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

“It will be difficult to identify the men because the victim couldn’t describe what they looked like. However, we have started to hunt for them,” Lt Santi said.

— Thawit Bilabdullar

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Pregnant-woman-kicked-off-motorbike-raped-northern/29209#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-22

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phuket is definately becoming more dangerous.

Reported murders, robberies, theft, stabbings, assault, drugs, rapes - all on the rise here, and considerably so.

I hope the unborn child is fine and this lady makes speedy recovery.

I hope there is a public outcry and some pressure bought to bare on the police on this island to start doing their job, instead of acting as money collectors.

Does anyone know if they DNA test criminals after being charged, or upon entering the gaol system here?

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

I hope this scum will enjoy to be raped in Bangkok Hilton for the comming years.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think they send 17 year olds there.

Twin brothers arrested for sexually assaulting pregnant Phuket woman
Phuket Gazette

1_201442213496894_nWReHZXDljrtzfeMolkQQb
The two 17-year-old suspects are being questioned by police over the rape of a 25-year-old pregnant woman. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police are questioning 17-year-old twin brothers suspected of raping a pregnant woman along a dark stretch of road in northern Phuket on Sunday night.

Tah Chat Chai Police have the pair in custody and are currently questioning them over the incident.

The brothers are suspected of kicking a 25-year-old woman who is five months pregnant off her motorcycle, causing her to break a leg in the fall, then dragging her off the road and raping and robbing her (story here).

When rescued, the victim was in shock and unable to tell police much about the incident.

“She said that two men rode alongside her and the passenger kicked her bike over,” Lt Santi Prakobkarn of the Tah Chat Chai Police told the Phuket Gazette.

“They dragged her and her motorbike into the underbrush next to the road and both men raped her. She told them she was pregnant and begged them to stop, but they ignored her,” Lt Santi said.

After the men robbed her of her cash and mobile phone, they fled. The woman then dragged herself to the roadside, where a passing motorist saw her and called the police. Rescue workers took her to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

— Kritsada Mueanhawong

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Twin-brothers-arrested-rape-pregnant-Phuket-woman/29212#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-22

Well done the BiB.

Let's hope that the boys had evidence on them so there is no mistake.

Under age of 18 are treated as children so maybe not too severe punishment.

In my day we would have heard "We are going to make an example of you!"

but we are not back in the day or even 7,000 miles near the place.

Perhaps caning?

• Like 1

I really hope the police find these scum and prosecute to the maximum. I suspect they will be motivated by the public outcry in the local community.

I really hope the police find them and hand them over to the husband.

If true, fantastic. thumbsup.gif

Although it is Thailand, there is a tiny little chance the police (hospital) examined the rape victim, and thereby found the perpetrators' DNA, as I guarantee they did not use condoms. Then it should be fairly easy to determine guilt, and questioning therefore becomes irrelevant.

• Like 2

Just1Voice, on 22 Apr 2014 - 12:24, said:

Public castration with a dull, rusty knife, then knees shattered permanently with 10 pound sledge hammer would be a good start for them

A certain Ed.. the editor, from one of Phuket's online media would consider your thinking primitive, if true, then you are not alone, I would gladly stand beside other primitives.

• Like 2

Makes you wonder what sort of upbringing these teens have had to have so much criminality at such a young age.

Perhaps nothing to do with upbringing but to do with family genes...................whistling.gif

Well, if it's the "nature versus nurture" argument, surely, for a crime as serious as this, at the age of 17, it can't all be "nature?"

Edited by NamKangMan