Pregnant woman kicked off her motorbike, sexually assaulted in northern Phuket

webfact

It's possible that the years and years of the break down of the rule of law on Phuket, due to a corrupt police department and a corrupt judicial system, may come to the fore, due to this incident.

I've said on this forum, many times, that criminals will migrate to an area where they know the police, or a judge, can be bought. Thus, crime goes up in that area. Phuket police certainly have a bad reputation.

Maybe the locals have had enough of one law for the rich, and another law for everyone else here.

That was my initial thought as well. Then again, I must say that I'm not as positive of the outcome as you are.

We might see some correct and positive moves for an while, but people tend to forget things quite fast and then it's an easy slip back to normality.

In this case the governor had to make very fast changes on the police force, which is a good sign.

I also think that the people on the street are the real Phuketians, who are fed up how things are handled here. The people who have lived here for generations and still care about their own home environment.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17yo .. they will probably have more than the 17yo who killed 9 people before ...... anyway rapping a pregnant woman is totally crazy and I really dont get it ......

A pregnant woman... with a broken leg if you please facepalm.gif

In this case the governor had to make very fast changes on the police force, which is a good sign.

Why is it a good sign? No investigation to see if the villager's complaints were justified.

Just summary justice to appease a mob.

Every time a road is blocked by angry Thais, the only strategy by the authorities is appeasement.

No wonder the locals have learnt to just block the main road to the airport to get what they want.

What happened to the proposed second arterial road to the airport? I remember that Rolly Tasker donated land for this purpose. Wonder who owns it now.

Why is it a good sign? No investigation to see if the villager's complaints were justified.

Just summary justice to appease a mob.

Every time a road is blocked by angry Thais, the only strategy by the authorities is appeasement.

No wonder the locals have learnt to just block the main road to the airport to get what they want.

What happened to the proposed second arterial road to the airport? I remember that Rolly Tasker donated land for this purpose. Wonder who owns it now.

It's a good sing as the shortlasting government officials has to listen to the people for once.

As I do understand the need for societies to have a collective base of laws, I do also feel that the local communities can handle their own issues far better compared what is given from the central government.

The general rule of the thump in Thailand is that the people are very relaxed for the mistakes their people do, as long as they did not mean bad for others. If there is bad apples, they are dealt with. This is the old way, now things are different.

These mobs are resonance of the old way of dealing justice. It might not appeal to all, but I think it's what the society wants.

There is really bad people in Phuket, who don't care about anybody else than themselves. Then there are the common people who wish to live their lives and have a bit of justice.

This is the whistle protest in Phuket - for once aiming at least to somewhere where they should be doing it.

My immediate reaction is similar to most on here and would like to see quick justice for this poor woman and her family. I have an underlying worry that the police when under immense pressure can catch the perpetrators so quickly and get a confession so easily. I really hope they check DNA before any form of justice is given either by the system or the people. It is slightly possible that there are two disgusting low life excuses for people are laughing now. I am not with the soft crew but it would be a terrible injustice if these two were in fact not the two that did the crime.

These type of incidents bring into question for me as to where a person's human rights end. Although this did not end up in death, I don't know of any civilization/tribe where an action such as this would be socially accepted.

What really upsets me is that in our bright new PC orientated world, that their are people out there making excuses for this sort of behavior, people who are prepared to defend these barbaric deeds whether it be underage, drug influence or mental problems. Sorry, nothing excuses crimes like this.

I truly hope there was no injury to the unborn and that the 25 yo lady makes a speedy physical recovery. I would add a physiological recovery as well, but this will not be fast.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Reddog1, on 23 Apr 2014 - 07:08, said:

Yes - we all think this is horrible. And there has been a lot of feedback.

We should remember that hurting the bad guys is not helping the gal.

I don't know how to do it. But I think we should all kick in a little money to help her recover and give that baby a boost in life. It would mean everything to her to know that we all care and are willing to stand up against a wrong and try to make it less painful. If you count all of the angry comments, and turned them into help for her. We could turn her pain and life around.

I am willing to commit. Are you? It would not take much from each of us to make a big difference. 1000-2000B each would be huge for her. We could send it to the Thai Visa people for her.

Where your intentions may be honourable, perhaps you should reread what you have written. Or perhaps I have read it wrong, what I saw in your post was this:

1. Be lenient with the rapists.

2. Donate money to the mother & child and their problems will disappear.

I'm sorry, but money will do nothing for the psychological damage that will follow this young woman for years to come (if she is lucky). As to the twins that have admitted to this, that the rape was an afterthought when they had robbed the woman, and it has been proven beyond all doubt that they committed the act, then they should face the maximum extent of punishment that the law will allow.

If I have got this wrong, then I apologize now.

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was told this evening that the victim of this terrible crime yesterday hung herself.

It has been reported by the Thai press but as yet I can't find anything on any English news site.

It was said that after loosing her baby the husband/boyfriend left her .

I'm both shocked and heartbroken for that young girl.

RIP.

I was told this evening that the victim of this terrible crime yesterday hung herself.

It has been reported by the Thai press but as yet I can't find anything on any English news site.

It was said that after loosing her baby the husband/boyfriend left her .

I'm both shocked and heartbroken for that young girl.

RIP.

If that information is correct, that is very tragic news.

If the victim has taken her own life, the police case may collapse if there is a plea of not guilty and the victim can not give evidence.