Yingluck to convene with Defense Ministry officials and military top brass

webfact

PM to convene with Defense Ministry officials and military top brass

PNPOL570423001000101_23042014_105114.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 April 2014 (NNT) – The Thai Premier is set to meet with military top brass and Defense Ministry officials to discuss national security issues.

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will on April 24th convene a meeting with Defense Ministry officials and other national security related agencies including the 3 armed forces. The talks will be mainly focused on several issues regarding the work of the Defense Ministry, the readjustment of tactics and strategies used in the violence-torn southernmost provinces as well as intelligence analysis.

As April is the month during which a high number of violent incidents take place, security agencies need to be extremely cautious in order to protect lives and build morale among the citizens.

Security agencies will also be briefed on measures to be taken to ensure safety and order around Bangkok and its vicinity following the months-long anti-government movements.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-23 footer_n.gif

It sounds to me that the Army summoned her, not the other way around. Abhisit hinted about a coup may be likely, I think it might happen, just after Yingluck leaves Thailand.

Nooooo.... She said she was ready to die on the battlefield of democracy yes??????

So she won't leave Thailand....... no wait!

Full of admiration for this woman, with all on her plate she is still able to run the country. Its no wonder she was granted audiences with the Pope and HM Queen (UK).

How sweet.

and funny

Probably a dumb question but why is April as a month singled out?

I know it's songran but that's for the police.

Because it gets a bit hot -people get cranky and often drink too much

or it could be MsYingluck has something planned for April

Full of admiration for this woman, with all on her plate she is still able to run the country. Its no wonder she was granted audiences with the Pope and HM Queen (UK).

Good sarcasm! Thanks for the laugh.

Of course we all know it's been Thaksin attempting to run the country (into the ground). Yingluck has been blindly riding along, wondering what bad situation her brother will create for her each day and confused about...everything, really.

Perhaps the military chiefs wish to thank the caretaker-Defence-Minister, for the latest round of equipment-orders, which I recall reading about in the other rag recently ?

The boys do need their toys, and the government needs their goodwill, and lo ... A Deal Is Born ! wink.png

This lady suprises many for her fortitude and cool demeanor. Previous government could not handle the pressure and have to call on the army. She has stayed the course and not doing anything to reward the power snatchers. I hope she will continue to display courage till a new election is completed and a new government is set up.

• Like 1

This lady suprises many for her fortitude and cool demeanor. Previous government could not handle the pressure and have to call on the army. She has stayed the course and not doing anything to reward the power snatchers. I hope she will continue to display courage till a new election is completed and a new government is set up.

See you have not got over your Easter drinking spree. "cool demeanor and fortitude" cheesy.gif

Probably a dumb question but why is April as a month singled out?

I know it's songran but that's for the police.

I think you can do a coup only if there is no traffic jam...else the tanks are stuck.....